Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 13 Oct 18, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
SWEN
Very Serious Dibber

SWEN's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17
Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
, I didn’t mean it in the literal sense...my 8 year old daughter ended up with majorly cut elbows after smashing them on the floor of the wave pool...one ended up needing stitches as it wouldnt stop bleeding. So no, not ‘lethal’ but not very nice either for my daughter who was harmed, we didn’t know how rough the floor of the wave pool was, which is why we prefer B.B. or VB. Just my opinion obviously!
We've had scrapes and cuts and ripped swimming costumes when the kids were younger, now they're older it's better as they are up by the red line. Knee deep seems to be where people get caught out and bowled over.

1990-WDW and Clearwater. 2003-Orange Lake Resort
2006-Sheraton Vistana Resort. 2007-DLP
2008-Orange Lake. 2011-Villa Buenaventura Lakes
2014-OKW&Sheraton Vistana. 2015-Old Key West
2017-OKW&Hilton Grand Vacations
2018-Saratoga Springs
SWEN is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SWEN View Post
We've had scrapes and cuts and ripped swimming costumes when the kids were younger, now they're older it's better as they are up by the red line. Knee deep seems to be where people get caught out and bowled over.
Agree with this! I find it much easier to be deeper. Even as an adult I’ve grazed myself in the waves!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

To be clear, we have no actual plans on our itinerary to go to a water park because I don’t like them! But I’ve also been promised a day to myself and dh was pondering trying to take them to a small scale water park on that day. He definitely doesn’t want to take them to bb or tl as I agree they really need 2 adults, Hence seeing if anyone knew if anything that was a bit smaller scale! But it sounds like there may not really be any other options so they will have to think of something else to do!
tory79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You probably could manage Typhoon Lagoon.
The non swimmer toddler bit is nice and with plenty of seating and loungers. We set up camp there and the older ones were able to come and go.

We had a 13,10 and 4 year old and they all loved it. The older ones did the wave pool (for the first time ever I didn't get scraped so not sure if they've improved it, it's been a while. The Little one loved the kiddie area, the lazy river and the family raft rides. I'd say it's do able with one adult .

Edited at 11:21 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 18, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisbon
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
I would say Blizzard Beach as a lot of the rides finish in shallow water.
I totally get the wave pool at TL , especially as you have a non swimmer you wouldn't be able to swim out past where the wave breaks and would probably stand in exactly the wrong place, both myself and son ( strong swimmers ) have done this standing next to each other and then been 15 - 20 ft apart after with grazes to various parts of our bodies
Rob
Lisbon is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Dream bigger
Getting Excited

Hi, I took my 3 kids on my own. We had a great time. Kids were 8, 6 and 4. We went to TL and BB. The wave pool in TL was very strong and we didn't really stay in there with the waves as it was quite crazy, but my kids loved both waterparks.
My 8 year old went on some slides without us, I just waited at the bottom for him.
We went on some family raft rides together.

The only thing I can think of is at Blizzard Beach, we went on the ski lift and you can only fit 3 to a seat, so my 8 year old went on his own on that on his own, which we didn't repeat, but I'm sure your eldest would be ok, or its probably possible to walk up to wherever the ski lift takes you.

I don't know any small waterparks I'm afraid.
Dream bigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List