Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Oct 18, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Feet Are Sore! A week in Disney Sept 2018. Day 6 MK & Shopping.

The dining report for today is here.

We had originally planned to do morning EMH at MK today but when the alarm went off at 6am I just couldn’t get up so I reset it for 7am. I had a headache and sore throat so this cold was obviously not shifting. I fell back asleep and felt a bit better at 7am.

Since we weren’t in a hurry we went to the Bellevue Lounge again for breakfast. We had the same as the other day.

We discussed getting the bus to MK. Normally we would drive but the bus stop was on the way to the car park plus we could see on the app that a bus was due in a few minutes. We headed to the bus stop and when the Cast Member asked which park he informed us we’d just missed a bus for MK. So the app isn’t accurate and we were now going to have to wait 20 minutes for another bus fuelling my argument for choosing a car over Disney transport. This is another thing that I’m sure works for others but doesn’t work for us. We arrived at MK around the time the bus would have been arriving at Boardwalk.
The other benefit of taking the car is the joy of getting the ferry boat over!

We arrived just as the park was opening to offsite guests and it didn’t seem too busy. Our first FP for Splash Mountain was booked for 9.15am and we wanted to get there for close to the end of the window so we could ride Big Thunder Mountain straight way on our FP for that at 10.15am. We walked slowly browsing the shops as we went. We had been going to try and ride Pirates but it had a 25 minute wait posted. When we arrived BTM was down but we rode Splashy and kept our fingers crossed it would be open in time. They’re now giving out Ziploc bags on Splash Mountain so we took one each time we rode for our phones.

After we rode BTM was back up and we killed some time before our FP window by looking in Briar Patch and going to the loo.

We rode BTM at the start of the FP window so still had some time before our next one which was 7 Dwarfs Mine Train. Since it was that time of day we popped to Gastons for a Le Fous Brew and some snacks. They had iced water in a big water cooler so we helped ourselves to some to refill our bottles.

We rode 7DMT and while in the queue made a FP for Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin. Marie always manages to get a high score on this as she’s googled the sweet spots and she always turns the car just as I’ve found a high scoring target!

After Buzz we went on Carousel of Progress because we love the song so much then another go on the People Mover.

We had lunch booked at The Plaza at 12.25pm but it seemed really close and I didn’t know if we’d be hungry. I managed to push it to 1.05pm and I’m glad we did as we then weren’t rushing to it.
We enjoyed our lunch here but as I always find with The Plaza it was freezing!

We were happy we were done in MK at this point so had a look in a couple of shops then headed back to the car park, again via the ferry.

We had plans to go to the outlets at the end of International Drive as Marie wanted to look in the Jockey shop. We paid the $10 for the parking closer to the shops as it was easier than driving round looking for a space.
We still had a present to get that my cousin had requested for her daughter as she had leftover dollars so we really needed to get something. She had wanted a hoody and we hadn’t been able to find anything suitable so had a look in the Tommy Hilfiger shop where we were able to get a fur lined one which was really cosy. I also bought myself a coat for the winter that was warm and shower proof. I spent a bit more than I’d normally like to on a coat but I’d spent hardly any money so far so didn’t feel too bad.
We both bought some boots in Timberland and had another look in Bath & Body Works before heading back to the resort via a ridiculously busy I-4.

We had discussed treating ourselves to a signature meal for dinner and had browsed MDE to see what was available. They had a slot at The Yachtsman for 7.10pm which we felt was a little late so I didn’t book. As it turned out we were so long at the outlets it would have been ideal but when Marie looked again it was gone. There was one for Le Cellier at 6.45pm however so we booked that instead. We love both these restaurants so it didn’t really matter which one we got.
We got back to the room and freshened up before heading out to Epcot via the International Gateway. It was Friday evening during Food & Wine so felt really busy. We didn’t have far to go though.
We both had the filet mignon as usual and really enjoyed it. No dessert and we were out within 45 minutes! With DDP Marie would have gotten a cocktail and we’d have had dessert so would have lingered a bit longer.
I love this bit outside Le Cellier.

Busy Epcot.

After Le Cellier Marie got another Bailey’s & Guiness milkshake thingy from Ireland on the way past. As we left Epcot a CM at the International Gateway asked Marie if it was beer she had. She innocently said no, as it wasn’t as she was waved on but we now think maybe she shouldn’t have been taking alcohol out of the park.
We went via Boardwalk bakery and got chocolate chip muffins for breakfast the next day.

We took some more night time pics of the area on the way back.

We think these guys were admiring the view!

We went looking for the pool and it's past the garden suites.

We got the packing done and rearranged everything into bags for travelling. We considered we might want to pop to the pool in the afternoon as our flight wasn’t until 9.10pm so we made sure we had stuff in a separate bag for that. I phoned Bell Services to arrange collection in the morning as this is something we’ve previously had to do at other resorts however I think it must depend on the layout of the hotel as they said just to call in the morning.
We watched some TV and went to sleep ready to get up early on our last day.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day

Joan
Old 19 Oct 18, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I'm glad you managed to find some things you were happy with at the outlets, we never made it there this year as Nik really isn't one for shopping.
collybird is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I'm glad you managed to find some things you were happy with at the outlets, we never made it there this year as Nik really isn't one for shopping.
If we hadn’t been looking for pants and a present I’d have happily missed them out!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List