Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Oct 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post

Advice, please. Nov 18

Myself and hubby have been booked for nearly a year for 2 weeks from 17th November. We live in Scotland but travelling down the night before by train and staying in the Radisson Blu. Difficulty now is my 21 yr old son now wants to come! Does anyone know if Thomas Cook flights are likely to reduce as its now under 4 weeks until travel? Also could we sneak him into Radisson to share room or would this be tricky? If we have to book everything for him as we have, it's costing more than our original holiday booking and that was including a 4 bed villa from Thomas Cook. Any advice would be appreciated.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Most hotel rooms are per room not per person. Does it include breakfast.

Thomas cook flights may come down - it will depend how many are left, the more left the more likely they will come down
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by rosad76 View Post
Myself and hubby have been booked for nearly a year for 2 weeks from 17th November. We live in Scotland but travelling down the night before by train and staying in the Radisson Blu. Difficulty now is my 21 yr old son now wants to come! Does anyone know if Thomas Cook flights are likely to reduce as its now under 4 weeks until travel? Also could we sneak him into Radisson to share room or would this be tricky? If we have to book everything for him as we have, it's costing more than our original holiday booking and that was including a 4 bed villa from Thomas Cook. Any advice would be appreciated.
Unless you've booked a room in the radisson that can take 3+ people they will have you in the ones that can only take a double bed - so unless you want to all share a bed you will have to tell the raddison that there will be an extra person

As for flights - they may come down, you could also look at flights from anywhere in the UK and just get him to Uber to the villa when he arrives
Old 21 Oct 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunshinekid
slightly serious Dibber

I’m sure the standard Raddison rooms are for 3 people and you pay for the room not the number of people. Phone the hotel, they possibly could add a rollaway bed.

Not sure if flight price will drop. You’re pretty close to the dates to fly.
Sunshinekid is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Sunshinekid View Post
I’m sure the standard Raddison rooms are for 3 people and you pay for the room not the number of people. Phone the hotel, they possibly could add a rollaway bed.

Not sure if flight price will drop. You’re pretty close to the dates to fly.
The Radisson standard rooms are definitely not for three people. Two singles or one double. You can call them and ask for a rollaway which would incur an additional charge. I’ve booked rooms there for £98 a night close to the date before. I’ve also paid £400 for family rooms (2 rooms) so it’s a bit of a lottery. Good luck.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
OP. A few options for the flight

£414.70 with Thomas Cook
£338 with Virgin but it goes via Atlanta
£699 with Virgin direct.

I would be putting him on the Virgin indirect route!

Best of luck though, been there with the kids.

Edit. Actually TC are cheaper direct then with netflights. £409.98

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 09:09 AM.
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for the replies. The room booking does include breakfast but I'm sure he could just pay on the morning for that?
There is a virgin flight, arriving 2 hours after us in Orlando and leaving 2 hours before us on the way back, which isn't a problem. Only issue is it has a stop in Atlants both ways, one for 2 hous, the other is one hour. It's a £100 cheaper but don't know if it's really worth it to save £100. Will wait a couple of days and hope TC flights come down.
Flights from Scotland are far more expensive just now,
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Can he not get a flight on the 17th from Glasgow friends booked yesterday with Icelandic. For those dateswith bags around £402 later checking so no need to stay overnight at the airport you might have to wait a bit at MCO for him or go back after going to the villa
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gryff View Post
Can he not get a flight on the 17th from Glasgow friends booked yesterday with Icelandic. For those dateswith bags around £402 later checking so no need to stay overnight at the airport you might have to wait a bit at MCO for him or go back after going to the villa
Thanks Gryff, just had a look but cheapest I can see for Icelandic is £560 from Glasgow on 17th returning 1st December. I will keep looking.
Old 21 Oct 18, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Just phoned Radisson who have said we can add him into room for £20 and £13 for breakfast, so not bad. Just considering flights now before they and train tickets go up.