Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 21 Oct 18, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile Here now - Alamo hourly charge?

Hi we’re due to return our car tomorrow at 3.30pm but considering taking back a bit later. I’ve found info on Alamo site about the 2 hr return window where they’ll charge by the hour but I can’t find anything on google what the hourly rate might be, has anyone got any experience of doing this? We have a standard suv and I guess it’s a % of daily rate?
Old 21 Oct 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Ring them, we had a delay at short notice, so didnt have to be at the airport until later in the day, we called alamo and they said no problem. And we never got charged
Old 21 Oct 18, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
They will charge the prevailing hourly rate for a car booked now. Not the price you will have paid.

There is generally a 29 minute grace period for daily rentals. If the vehicle is returned within 2 hours of the time it was rented on a subsequent day additional hourly charges will apply. If you return the vehicle 2 hours or more from the time it was rented on a subsequent day, you will be charged for an additional day of rental.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:11 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

When did you pick up the car. Depending on the time you did, Alamo charge in 24 hr blocks. So if you picked up at 4pm then you return at 4pm regardless if you had put 3.30 on your return time.
Also look at the printout you got at the gate. It will tell you the return time on there.
If you Booked with Virgin I think you also get two hours grace.
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

The rate hourly rate is shown on your rental agreement. Just be aware that this is for the vehicle and not inclusive of the insurance which would be charged at a daily rate, so I'm led to believe.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

I understood Alamo charged by the 24 hours, so if you take it back within 24 hours of the start time (say 4pm) when you collected at 5pm, hen you are charged for that day only, not an additional one. I could be wrong, but this is how I understood it.

The two hours grace thing would read to me as taking it back before 6pm (based on a 4pm start time) for no extra charge.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 18, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
sunseeker100
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks everyone. I’ve found the info on my rental agreement, understand it won’t be exact, like Andy says with insurance etc but it gives us an idea 😉👍🏻
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Can I add another question to this thread please? I have noticed that people are saying "from when you pick up" is that when you physically collect your car or when you state you are going to pick it up on your booking?
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Burgmeister View Post
Can I add another question to this thread please? I have noticed that people are saying "from when you pick up" is that when you physically collect your car or when you state you are going to pick it up on your booking?
It's as you exit the barrier with the airport operators. The time will be on the new contract they print out for you that contains the car details on.

With places like the Car Care Centre or a Hotel pick up it's when they generate your paperwork so there is some time lost as you go to find the car.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List