Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Oct 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
louiseybobs
Imagineer

louiseybobs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Mobile

I use an Apple Watch 3 for running and recently it’s not been tracking very well,

I did a 10 mile group run yesterday everyone else’s tracked as 10... mine tracked as 8.3😢
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mushumadness
VIP Dibber

mushumadness's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
Mobile

I wish inhaling made the swap
I had my Fitbit on all the time
My Apple Watch just sits gathering dust on the side
mushumadness is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

If you are wanting the watch primarily for fitness activities, I’d go for a Garmin. I’ve had Fitbits, Android Wear, Apple, the best is Garmin. They have enough smart watch features but are the best at sports (I do running on mine) and the Garmin app is very good. Decent battery as well, charging every day becomes very tedious quick. Depending on use I get 5 days to a week out of the Garmin.
If you like running they’ve even just started a running coach on it, works very well if you’ve got the time to do it.
Heart rate monitor now on these is scarily accurate, much better than even they were 3 years ago, and continuous now.
My latest Garmin also had the update last week to pick up the new Gallieo satellites for the best accuracy (albeit all the satellites are not launched yet).
I just swapped out my Garmin running watch (hold value well, I sold it for about 60% of what I paid for it three years ago) for a Garmin Vivoactive 3 music. This has every sport you could imagine on it (including things like cross trainer machine) but I can also load my Deezer playlists on it and listen to music whilst running with no phone (Spotify coming).
There’s a reason why many serious sports people and runners often use Garmin.

Edited at 08:09 AM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

Originally Posted by louiseybobs View Post
I use an Apple Watch 3 for running and recently it’s not been tracking very well,

I did a 10 mile group run yesterday everyone else’s tracked as 10... mine tracked as 8.3😢
I had those issues with my Apple Watch. It was also inconsistent at showing my distance on the watch, which I find I need to keep me going.

I got a payrise in February, and on a whim I bought a Garmin Fenix 5S - it was brand new and boxed on eBay, and I got it for a great price.

I've got a 20% off code for Garmin if it interests anyone. I got it when I did the Manchester 10k, but I don't need it, though Garmin isn't necessarily the cheapest place to buy from.
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
choccielover
Imagineer

Mobile

FYI you get a garmin discount through vitality also

I have the Apple 3 through it and haven’t paid a penny other than the £49 upfront payment

I love the Apple Watch for all reasons outlined above plus being able to take calls and pay for Starbucks and use a lot of my apps.

You need to determine your primary use, only then will you know which is best fit you
choccielover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Alices Aunt
Imagineer

Mobile

I’ve been thinking about this as well and I’m not sure. These replies have nearly convinced me to go for the Apple Watch. Just not sure I want a smart watch.
Alices Aunt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Thanks for all the input, guys.

I've decided to bite the bullet and order an Apple iWatch for £9. I usually hit my step count and my Vitality points maximum in a week, so fingers crossed I wont have to pay any more than that, so either way it's a bargain!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List