Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 22 Oct 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile Surprise ideas

We are travelling next August for 23 nights for my husband's 30th birthday (his birthday is in may but he's a teacher so need to stick to school hols)

I want to book lots of surprises for him whilst we are out there but struggling for ideas! We are 2 adults and 2 children aged 2 and 1. We have 16 nights at OKW with full dining and 7 nights in a dibb villa. Parks we plan on doing are all Disney parks and water parks and seaworld, discovery cove non swim, seaworld, Busch gardens and aquatica. We will have a car for the villa week.

Any ideas would be really appreciated both big and small as don't want all of them to cost a fortune!

My only idea so far is a gift basket.

Thanks!
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

It does kind of depend on what he likes but here are some ideas:

- Sunrise hot air balloon
- Speedboat ride (coast - Tampa I think?)
- American football/Basketball game?
- One of the dessert parties (like maybe Hollywood studios if hes a star wars fan)
- Classic car or muscle car rally at Old town (can't remember which nights but was great - and free LOL)
- Orlando Eye
- Dine with Shamu @ Seaworld

Edited at 11:15 AM.
MrsH070707 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsH070707 View Post
It does kind of depend on what he likes but here are some ideas:

- Sunrise hot air balloon
- Speedboat ride (coast - Tampa I think?)
- American football/Basketball game?
- One of the dessert parties (like maybe Hollywood studios if hes a star wars fan)
- Classic car or muscle car rally at Old town (can't remember which nights but was great - and free LOL)
- Orlando Eye
- Dine with Shamu @ Seaworld
Brilliant thankyou will look into all these! Are American football games etc suitable for young children?
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaNuts93
Imagineer

Fireworks cruise, air boat ride, Winter Park, Monster Truck Safari, Helicopter ride, Dolphin watch cruise.

SEE OUR VILLA AT:www.ospreyhouseorlando.com. Luxury five bed/four bath villa with extra large (40 ft) pool overlooking conservation area. Also includes games room.

License number: DWE 4514584
FloridaNuts93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Hi

I would second a Fireworks cruise , I did it for my husbands birthday and it was amazing we ordered a cake and enjoyed that while we watched Illuminations.
It wasn't cheap but really memorable, We went to Look round the Boardwalk and I hadn't told anyone I had booked it so it was a surprise for everyone

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Lissa_x
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Love the fireworks cruise idea, we did a wishes cruise on the grand 1 yacht on our wedding night so would be really special to do a fireworks cruise again with our kids. Will price it up. I was thinking of dedicating a day out there to being his unofficial birthday and booking meals and things he would enjoy and ordering a cake etc. I was also thinking of coming up with a list of 30 special experiences/ things to try for his birthday. Not all big experiences but include things like try certain snacks he's never had and trade a pin. What do you guys think?
I was also thinking of trying to get a lanyard and trying my luck on eBay to get the pins for our previous trip years (2013, 2014 and 2016) and for the resorts we've stayed at and then we can add to it every trip.
Another idea I had was booking MNSSHP now I've realised there are August party dates!

So much to think of!
Old 22 Oct 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsH070707
Excited about Disney

30 things is a great idea (for my DH's 30th I did a 'gift' from each year of his life - some related to the year i.e. music, film etc, some related to moments/memories from certain years - he loved it) xxx
Old 22 Oct 18, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

I'd also say a fireworks cruise, it was one of the highlights of our last trip.

Perhaps a day in Clearwater inc a ride on Little Toot to see the dolphins and stay for the sunset

When you make your ADRs let them know you are celebrating your husband's birthday. I did this for my DH and although it wasn't every place we went to he was often surprised with a glass of something or a cupcake.. the Teppan Edo staff sang to him!
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Lissa_x View Post
Brilliant thankyou will look into all these! Are American football games etc suitable for young children?
You wouldn't get a regular season game in August as the NFL season doesn't start until September. You could get a pre-season game but I personally wouldn't bother as they usually only play the back-up players. Young kids would probably get bored anyway.

If you want to see a sport how about going over to Tampa for a Rays baseball game. When we went to New York we went to a Mets game and we all really enjoyed it even though we aren't baseball fans. Tickets can be got really cheap from reseller sites (we paid $15 a ticket for pretty good seats at the Mets). Really young kids will still get bored though I would think.

Edit: I'd also back the Fireworks cruise idea. A few years back we did the Illuminations cruise and it was a really good experience.

Edited at 06:35 PM.
Burgmeister is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

My daughter bought a Revolution off Road experience for her partner. They do archery, clay pigeon shooting, atvs and mucky ducks (amphibious vehicle) They are in Clermont. The mucky ducks were brilliant fun.
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List