Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 22 Oct 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

Thanks, Caroian, x
Old 30 Oct 18, 03:53 PM  
Link to this Post
GetMeOnHoliday
A Guest at All-Stars

My sister takes Qwells for kids- and I find they work a treat for adults too. My auntie recommended these a few months back as she gets sick on car journeys, and they worked fabulously on rides too, in particular the VR rides such as forbidden journey and Simpsons which tend to make her feel more ill than actual rollercoasters such as rip ride rockit and rockin roller coaster
Old 30 Oct 18, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Steveje
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

Ginger biscuits or sweets. There is something about ginger which helps. I always take a packet of ginger nuts when fishing from boats.. plus some quelled!
Plenty of info on web about the benefits of ginger for motion sickness
Steveje is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 12:06 AM  
Link to this Post
pdcdad
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Caroian View Post
Yes, I always use scopoderm and it works really well for me, much better than any tablets I've ever tried. I also like the fact that it's once patch for 3 days and I don't have to think about it.

I have't doubled it up with anything though, and wouldn't without advice. Many anti-sickness drugs are in the same or similar families and you may increase the risks of side effects or overdose if you take two at once.
Do you need a prescription for them or can you get them over the counter?
pdcdad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

DH used the patches (prescribed by his GP) for our recent holiday and was really pleased with them as he has really struggled with certain rides in the past. The only time he felt a bit off was at the end of the day in Universal Studios, mostly because of the number of simulators (and Jimmy Fallon made even me feel a bit weird).
HFJohnson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Oct 18, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I take heart meds too and never use anything without checking with a doctor or pharmacist. If I feel motion sick I find closing my eyes can curtail it. Also go have a talk with the pharmacist (or call your doctor) for suggestions.

We also use ginger for stomach upsets and my DD (a few months short of her MD) buys tablets as CVS she swears by. I just use ginger candies.

Edited at 10:56 PM.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SteveC
VIP Dibber

I suffer from motion sickness and as examples I was right on the verge of being physically sick on Monday when at the end of Everest and then did Flight of Passage within half an hour which had the same effect. ToT and Rock and Rollercoaster get me the same way. It’s almost as if they are all just the right length of rides to take me to the edge (which doesn’t feel nice) but any longer and that would be it.

I’ve tried Dramamine, Dramamine Non-Drowsy and Stugeron, none of which seem to improve the way I feel on the rides but Stugeron in particular almost knocks me out. Used it twice earlier this year and wanted to fall asleep whilst waiting for Fantasmic to start and was so tired on a drive home from Universal that when we got back to the villa I said never again and threw the remaining packet in the bin.

I wish I could find something that works as me refusing to do The Mummy and Simpsons rides at Universal last week meant my wife wouldn’t do them and after spending 5 minutes suspended in the air when Forbidden Journey malfunctioned I couldn’t bring myself to do an immediate free ride on offer as much as I love that one too.
SteveC is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
choccyface
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We use kwells. Can be tricky getting hold of them tho so when to see them on the chemist shelf I tend to buy a packet. Both me and DH have taken sturgeon in the past - 1 tablet is ok but if I take 2 I feel really weird and tired.
choccyface is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by SteveC View Post
I suffer from motion sickness and as examples I was right on the verge of being physically sick on Monday when at the end of Everest and then did Flight of Passage within half an hour which had the same effect. ToT and Rock and Rollercoaster get me the same way. It’s almost as if they are all just the right length of rides to take me to the edge (which doesn’t feel nice) but any longer and that would be it.

I’ve tried Dramamine, Dramamine Non-Drowsy and Stugeron, none of which seem to improve the way I feel on the rides but Stugeron in particular almost knocks me out. Used it twice earlier this year and wanted to fall asleep whilst waiting for Fantasmic to start and was so tired on a drive home from Universal that when we got back to the villa I said never again and threw the remaining packet in the bin.

I wish I could find something that works as me refusing to do The Mummy and Simpsons rides at Universal last week meant my wife wouldn’t do them and after spending 5 minutes suspended in the air when Forbidden Journey malfunctioned I couldn’t bring myself to do an immediate free ride on offer as much as I love that one too.
Could try a wristband like I mentioned earlier in this post? Bit of an investment as they are about £70 but it worked for me on a boat trip recently and apparently works on rides and VR too.
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Nov 18, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MrsWturns30 View Post
These patches come recommended by sea fishermen in helping with sea sickness/motion sickness... you stick it behind your ear and can leave it in place 2/3 days...

Not sure if the image has worked but google ‘scopoderm patches’
Ahhhhhhhh. I see now!

Just got off a cruise and kept seeing people with round plasters behind their ears and wondered what on earth they were!

Fo me, since we've started cruising, and I got motion sickness at sea, I swear by the wrist bands.
I don't much care for things I can't explain by science, and this troubles me greatly, , as I have no idea WHY or HOW they work I only know that they DO work!
They work better than sea sickness tablets and I tried a couple of different brands which worked to different extents.
My husband on the other hand, none of the tablets we tried suited him and he too wears the wrist band and doesn't suffer at all.

I'm going to try them in June for the rides in Orlando
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List