Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 16 Oct 18, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

DS has expanded a little and said he was told there are 100 plus vacancies they hoped to fill. Said it would be any time between September 18 and February 19, but I'm still not clear on if that means he should hear between those dates or start between them if he got offered a job. It's so frustrating, I don't remember older DS waiting months to start at the DWP. That was over 10 years ago though.
I know the wheels of the Civil Service grind slowly. I work for our local authority and they are almost as bad!

Edited at 07:52 PM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 18, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm waiting at the moment so know how bad it is and my DH waited 9 month.
I passed the interview in January but was on the reserve list and had given up when in Aug got told they would like to offer me a position and now been waiting since September for DBS checks, I was told possible November start providing they can organise training but I think that won't happen as they said they would give you at least a month's notice to inform your current job, so more like new year now which will be a year!
I used to work in HR recruitment and was told not to keep people waiting more than a week! It's disgraceful really
Just hope it will be worth it
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Thanks for that,. Yes I was thinking how long it takes for the DBS checks as well, seeing as Home Office is high security.
DBS checks take less than a week if the applying company wants it done quickly - it's down to how much they wabbit processed.

Even the "bigger" clearances can be turned around in days if the need for that specific person is great enough.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scaramouche
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
DBS checks take less than a week if the applying company wants it done quickly - it's down to how much they wabbit processed.

Even the "bigger" clearances can be turned around in days if the need for that specific person is great enough.
DBS do, they’re really quick . I know HMPPS vetting is run by an outside company and they are dreadful. The DBS was done immediately. They were just faffing about with everything else!
Forget Regrets... Or Life Is Yours To Miss.. No Other Road, No Other Way.. No Day But Today.. ♪
Scaramouche is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Guest View Post

That is very true although I had a nightmare trying to get people through urgently and we needed a business case signed off by a very senior officer! It was absolute nonsense. Even my renewal this year took four months and I have been in for ten years!
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Well since my initial post DS has had an email today asking him to complete some forms! It seems to be a provisional offer of a post pending checks and references.
We might dare to hope that he will get a date to start soon.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Oct 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
Well since my initial post DS has had an email today asking him to complete some forms! It seems to be a provisional offer of a post pending checks and references.
We might dare to hope that he will get a date to start soon.
That’s brilliant news. The pending checks can take the time so I would manage expectations to somewhere between 6-8weeks if he needs just CTC clearance levels. If it’s SC then it’s a wee bit longer again.
The fact he has a provisional is fantastic. Well done to him
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sparklegirl View Post
That’s brilliant news. The pending checks can take the time so I would manage expectations to somewhere between 6-8weeks if he needs just CTC clearance levels. If it’s SC then it’s a wee bit longer again.
The fact he has a provisional is fantastic. Well done to him
My guess it'll be new year rather than starting December. Just hoping it's the Capitol buildings or Passport office in Liverpool rather than the Bootle office which would be difficult to get to.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
Old 22 Oct 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
fleurbie
Apprentice Imagineer

Well after 10 months I now have a start date of 12th November,
Good luck to everyone that's waiting I hope your wait won't be too much longer
Nov 19 CBR, September 22 BRV, BWV 💕
fleurbie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Well after various checks including CTC , and a delay on references due to them spelling an email address wrong! DS has finally had a start date of 28th January 😀
Can't believe the process started around last April, so glad the wait is finally over.

Edited at 05:14 PM.