Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 5 Oct 18, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

May 2018 - 3 weeks, one wedding and a villa, Day 4 - Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

Monday 07/05/18

We were up at 7am today as we were off to Hollywood Studios with everyone! We both slept so good last night and woke up to an alarm rather then waking up super early like you normally do for your first few days.
The weather was absolutely glorious today which was bloody typical, but at least it meant we’d have a good park day. We had cereal and coffee as usual and then got ready for the parks. We left about 9:15 to pick up Rhoda and Dan, mum and dad went in their car and would meet us at the park.
The I4 was absolutely rammed so the sat-nav redirected us via a back way to Clarion Inn so it was nice to see a bit more of Orlando. Once we’d picked up Rhoda and Dan we went straight to Hollywood Studios!
We parked up and waited for the tram, we seemed to be only the people waiting behind the yellow line whilst the tram was pulling in. The poor cast member was starting to lose her patience with all the people who wanted to be flattened by the tram
Got into the park in one piece just as the March of the First Order went by, which was amazing. We’d only seen videos of it, but it gave me goose bumps to see it in real life.
Met up with mum and dad who had also seen the march and it had blew dads mind ! A Starbucks was very much needed so we popped into there, I had an Ultra Caramel Frappuccino, Chris didn’t want anything.

We had a FP for Aerosmith at 11am, so whilst we were waiting for that we just had a little walk around, more so everyone could get their bearings. 11am came around and we were on the ride pretty quick, for both sets of parents it was their first time, and as you can tell by the photos, we knew what was coming and they didn’t

After Aerosmith we had another walk around, we had ToT FP at 12:30 so mum and dad went off on their own and we went around with Chris’s parents.
Went into launch bay and watched the little film about the Star Wars films and then we met some Stormtroopers!

It was roughly 12:30 by the time we were done in launch bay so walked round to ToT to meet up with mum and dad. I was so excited for ToT, it’s my favourite ride. When we came in 2016 I was absolutely petrified waiting in the que for the first time and really didn’t know what to expect, turns out I love it and laugh to the point of stomach ache whenever I go on it.

After ToT our tummies were starting to rumble, so me, Chris and his parents went off to get some lunch, but I think mum and dad wanted to have another wonder around, so we just agreed to meet back up with them afterwards.
We found ourselves in Backlot Express, me and Chris had chicken and waffles, Rhoda and Dan had chicken nuggets and chips (fries). After lunch we went and met Chewbacca! I don’t think I have ever looked so happy in all my life!

After Chewie we met back up with mum and dad for our FP at Star Tours, we ended up with the new scene for The Last Jedi, or the Solo film, I don’t remember, but it was definitely new.

After Star Tours we all went for a walk around, as we were walking around Chip and Dale came out for a walk around as well. Dale crept up behind Rhoda and pulled on her handbag and she turned around and shouted very, very loudly the F word. In a Disney park. Surrounded by children
Dale found it hilarious mind!
Me and Chris were spending the night at PoR and as we were all starting to feel pretty tired, Chris started feeling ill , we decided to call it a day. Mum and dad were happy to stay at the park for a little longer as they wanted to do the Muppet Show, so we took Rhoda and Dan with us to the hotel to show them a little bit more of Disney.
I think we got to PoR just after 3pm. It is absolutely beautiful there, we’ve never been to New Orleans so can’t exactly compare it to anything, but it just felt like how I imagine New Orleans to feel. We had a royal room booked for the night, so we had one of those fancy headboards with the lights, oooh

Rhoda and Dan went for a walk around and to find a drink whilst me and Chris unpacked a little. We then decided to go for a walk as we were only there for the night. Popped into the main entrance and picked up our Happily Ever After badges! Also did a little bit of people watching sat on the rocking chairs.

After meeting back up with Rhoda and Dan we got the bus to MK and went straight to Casey’s Corner for food. This is Chris’s favourite place to eat so he was desperate to get there! I had the corn dog nuggets, Chris had a foot-long dog and Rhoda and Dan had a normal dog each.
After food we managed to get on Aladdin and Haunted Mansion as they both had 20 minute waits.

We then camped out for the Happily Ever After fireworks and got stuck behind a guy we nicknamed Bud Light cause of his stupid hat and his girlfriend who I genuinely think had ants in her pants, she was infuriating !

Rhoda and Dan managed to get transport back to their hotel and we made our way back to PoR and straight to bed.

Tomorrow – Pool day.

Edited at 09:27 PM.
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day and some brilliant photos

Joan
Old 22 Oct 18, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Some great rides and character meets!
The royal rooms at POR are our favourites...I feel homesick just looking at the photos...

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List