Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 22 Oct 18, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
JudeB
Imagineer

JudeB's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Mobile

Cracker Barrel and Denny’s for us 😋
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another vote for Bob Evans.
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lumiere
Trying for More Ears

iHop for me! Their stuffed French toast and pancakes are amazing! Just don't make the mistake of asking for fried eggs with a runny yolk.
Lumiere is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
DJMS
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Another vote for Denny’s. And another that found IHOP awful.
DJMS is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
IHOP’s can vary, we have mostly has a good experience but I remember one (on the 192 I believe) that didn’t look clean and we didn’t enjoy it as much as usual.
I’m not sure if it works as a franchise but you can get variation in many chain restaurants - for example the Red Lobster at Crossroads has always been better than the one on the 192 yet it’s the same menu?

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
IHOP’s can vary, we have mostly has a good experience but I remember one (on the 192 I believe) that didn’t look clean and we didn’t enjoy it as much as usual.
I’m not sure if it works as a franchise but you can get variation in many chain restaurants - for example the Red Lobster at Crossroads has always been better than the one on the 192 yet it’s the same menu?
We went to Ihop on the 192 (near Sherbeth Rd turning) and everything was sticky - floors, tables, doorhandles. Put us off.

We do however love the Perkins just 30 seconds drive away.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 04:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie boy 57
Imagineer

Geordie boy 57's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ihop was always my favourite
But this trip we went to Cracker Barrel twice and now my new favourite
2018 3 weeks Dibb villa/1 night Clearwater/1 night RPR
2023 Christmas/New Year. Clearwater/Dibb villa/HRH
Geordie boy 57 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fizzypop
Imagineer

Definitely Cracker Barrel for us. We walked out of Denny's when our breakfast arrived cold so we sent it back and after 30 mins and much asking, it still hadn't reappeared so we told them we were leaving.
fizzypop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Fimble
Proud to wear my Ears

Cracker Barrel is where we usually go now, good eggs, good sausage, good pancakes, nice waitresses and to top it off they always have rocking chairs on the porch to sit on afterwards and enjoy the sun.

Denny's we've had a few misadventures, the first one when I was about 12, the Denny's near Cocoa Beach (might have been clear water) was empty and still, the waitress never filled our drinks, and never brought our food out. In fact, she went outside somewhere and the chefs had to bring our food out and they were amazed at how blaze she was about the whole thing.
Amazingly she came over to us after about 15 minutes asking us how it was and if we wanted any refills. Arguments ensued, Manager apologised profusely and god knows what happened after we left.

The last time was when our fries tasted like old chip fat and we were told that "it's American taste, Brits don't seem to like it." Which was obviously rubbish, we'd been to America at least 5 times by this point.

We used to go to Friendly's when I was younger, but I think it started going downhill the last time we went about 12 years ago. Judging by recent reviews, I-Drive's Friendly's is still suffering from bad staff.
Fimble is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sue
Imagineer

Sue's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 17
I’ve never been able to eat at any Denny’s since we did Route 66 and it was the only food option in a service station type place.
There was what can only be described as a stench coming from the toilets that seemed to emanate throughout the whole restaurant, the staff apologised saying they were getting it sorted but I cannot go anywhere near a Denny’s now without smelling it!

”Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts” - Richard Feynman. Theoretical Physicist

7th Magical Trip - August /September 2008. FOOD & TRIP REPORTS

Route 66 and all that TRIP REPORTS
Sue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List