Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 Oct 18, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

May 2018 - 3 weeks, one wedding and a villa, Day 11 - Celebration, MK & Disney Springs

Monday 14/05/18

I apologise in advance of the lack of photos, in fact there’s only 1! It was a very rainy day, so I remember I didn’t want to keep getting my phone out, but I was confused when I started looking through the computer for the photos and then realised I just hadn’t took any again, apologies!

We had a little bit of a lie in today getting up at 9am, with all the early starts we’d had previously it was nice to go at a bit of a slower pace.
Mum and dad were flying home this evening, so they were going to hang out at the villa until it was time for them to leave. Chris wanted to pop to Celebration to open a SunTrust account, so we had a quick breakfast, got showered and hopped in the car.

It was absolutely tipping it down today so after Celebration we weren’t 100% what to do with the rest of the day. I don’t really know road names or anything in Celebration, but we managed to park on the road that runs right by the bank
We got there at 10am when the bank opened and it only took half an hour for his account to be opened! Now this was our first time in an American bank so obviously only have SunTrust to go on, but the whole thing was flawless, Chris could pick his pin number there and then, didn’t have to speak to anyone on the phone as the woman just did everything for him. We couldn’t believe it when we came out of there how much better the service was
Although it was raining we did decide to have a quick walk around, we walked down what I presume is Main Street, it had a bakery, a couple of shops and some bars/restaurants on it which led down to the lake. We popped into the bar/café that was down on the corner by the lake as Starbucks hadn’t opened yet to grab a coffee. By this point we were a bit soggy so decided to head back to the car and finish our coffees there and then decide what to do next.

I’d heard some stuff about the Lake Buena Vista Factory Stores from other trip reports and how the deals could sometimes be better there then the outlets so mentioned this to Chris who seemed pretty up for it as he was in the market for some new Converse.
It didn’t take very long to get there and we started from the one end of the chain of stores and worked our way round to the other side. There’s a good selection of stores there and we both managed to get a new pair of Converse and I picked up a Reebok vest for $7

We were pretty hungry by this point so decided to head home to have lunch with mum and dad before they left for the airport. I gave mum a quick ring and her and dad really fancied Burger King so we went home via the drive through. I don’t remember what everyone else had, but I know I had a sourdough King or something like that, it was basically a burger in sour dough bread, but it was so incredible. That’s where my love affair with sour dough bread started !
We ate lunch with mum and dad and watched a bit of TV until they left about 3pm. I checked the MDE app and saw that there was a couple of FP’s available at MK so we headed out to there. I don’t 100% remember the order we did things, but I know I managed to get a FP for Space Mountain and Barnstormer. The queues for Big Thunder and Dumbo were pretty low so we managed to get on those as well.

It was STILL raining and we’d gotten soggy again so gave MK up as a bad job and made our way to Disney Springs for some food. We went straight to Earl of Sandwich as it’s our favourite place ever! I always have a holiday turkey and Chris had a spicy southwest chicken sandwich.
When we were sat outside eating there was a DJ set up nearby and he had a load of hula hoops which kids were coming up and trying to dance with. Then this woman appeared and starting dancing with a hoop and she was just incredible! She did it for about 15 minutes straight, afterwards the DJ asked her what her job was, and she explained that she was a performer in a circus, we were like ah that’s why

We fancied something a little sweet after our Earl of Sandwich so I dragged Chris to Ghiredelli as I knew we’d get a free sample of something. Turns out Chris loved his sample so much he went a bought a bag of chocolates!
We also popped into Under Armour to see if they had any Project Rock stuff as we’re obsessed with The Rock and then went back to the orange garage via the Coke store.

We needed some more bits and bobs from Walmart so quickly dropped into there and ended up buying a little cheesecake selection.
There was raspberry swirl, chocolate fudge, New York, turtle something and another one, my note taking is dreadful! You got two slices of each and I think overall the turtle one was our favourite. I think it might be tortoise cheesecake actually, I have no idea !
Ended up watching a bit more of The Office and then went to bed.

Tomorrow – Animal Kingdom & Hollywood Studios

Edited at 09:30 PM.
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

You certainly managed to fit a lot in for a rainy day!
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day despite the rain

Joan