Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Oct 18, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
SunbreezeFL
Imagineer

If you want relaxing have you thought about a villa or Condo on a community with water slides, lazy river so you get the space to relax as well. Maybe solterra or Reunion.
SunbreezeFL is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Red Nats
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We were looking to book a week on gulf coast next August for relaxing. Most likely Anna Maria island. Been looking st lots couldn’t decide. And we’ve ended up booking a cruise out of Port Canaveral,
Was surprised at the costs so we went for it! No idea what to expect but I hope it will be fun!
Red Nats is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by SunbreezeFL View Post
If you want relaxing have you thought about a villa or Condo on a community with water slides, lazy river so you get the space to relax as well. Maybe solterra or Reunion.
Good suggestion. Definitely something to consider.
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Red Nats View Post
We were looking to book a week on gulf coast next August for relaxing. Most likely Anna Maria island. Been looking st lots couldn’t decide. And we’ve ended up booking a cruise out of Port Canaveral,
Was surprised at the costs so we went for it! No idea what to expect but I hope it will be fun!
A cruise sounds like good fun. Not sure if it would suit us right now. Maybe in a few years when kids are in teenage mode
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

My vote goes to a Caribbean Disney cruise!
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by act1980 View Post
My vote goes to a Caribbean Disney cruise!
Like the idea. We've ruled out Disney though (which I suppose includes cruises) due to the cost. The only reason we can justify going again next year is because we aren't doing disney and we have time left on the universal annual passes.
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Liking all the suggestions though. I want to think a little to the left side and see what we arrive at 😁
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:35 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I would suggest the west coast. We spent 4 nights in Naples and didn’t go near the coast. We had a great day trip to the Everglades. Did an airboat trip and went for a drive where we saw lots of gators in their natural habitat. Also went to pro bull rodeo in Naples. Going back for 16 nights next summer
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
gogs
Proud to wear my Ears

Still in the Orlando area but what about the Grove Resort?

We stayed there last week either side of short Universal/Disney visits & my wife, kids & I loved it.

It has 3 x pools at the front of the hotel & a large pool at the side, with a waterpark (2 x water slides & a lazy river) included with the resort fee and a surf machine (this costs extra).
When we were there they had pool games & quizzes & things.
There's a lake which has pedalos, kayaks etc too.

There are tons of restaurant/shopping options within a 20 min radius (the 192 is less than 5 mins away) & it was about a 45 min drive to get to St Cloud for an airboat ride which wasn't too bad.

If you want to go to the beach then you can just head east for Cocoa/Daytona or west for Clearwater/St Petes depending on the weather or red tide issues.
Of course this assumes you're ok with the hour/hour & a half drive
gogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List