Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 20 Oct 18, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Sarryb View Post
If you chose to take the offer, had three inclusive buffets, then paid the top ups for 3 table services, would that work? If using the dining plan as cash, you don't have to choose the set menu, so could choose just a main etc. Except in Remy's, cos they only have set menu. Once you've worked out the 'extra' costs of the meals, if it hits the £100, or even near, then you might as well upgrade, get the better hotel and pool. X
I’ll have a look at menus later, I didn’t know you could order off the main menu, I thought it was just the set menu and dh doesnt like starters so it maybe an option however I really don’t like hard mattresses so looks like we’ll change to sl anyway.
Thanks all for the replies
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

We are just back yesterday and had free half board. This is where we ate as a family of 2 adults 1 teen and I child;

1st night plaza gardens (ok, filled boots)

Breakfast with hatactera at plaza gardens

Hunters grill buffet, much better than plaza gardens, paid top up, with drinks, £35

Annette’s diner breakfast (not that nice tbh) £8 top up

Chez Remy, (gorgeous restaurant and fab steak and chips) they let daughter have adult meal for nothing extra, total top up with drinks £35

Free breakfast at Hyperion cafe in park (was ok but like a maccys breakfast, not our thing)

Lunch with princesses at ADC (good experience, not good food) top with with booze £210

Buffet breakfast at Cheyenne’s in last day £24

OOP rain forest cafe £100
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post
We are just back yesterday and had free half board. This is where we ate as a family of 2 adults 1 teen and I child;

Hunters grill buffet, much better than plaza gardens, paid top up, with drinks, £35

Chez Remy, (gorgeous restaurant and fab steak and chips) they let daughter have adult meal for nothing extra, total top up with drinks £35

Free breakfast at Hyperion cafe in park (was ok but like a maccys breakfast, not our thing)

Lunch with princesses at ADC (good experience, not good food) top with with booze £210

Thank you that is so helpful. Shame the breakfasts seem disappointing. Could I ask what time you went to the Hyperion cafe and what the queue was like please.

Edited-nothing to do with thread but excited to see I now have a full set of gold Mickeys !

Edited at 09:55 AM.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

I have seen the breakfast at Annette’s on Krispy Smore’s video. I would not bother coming out of the park for it.

The omelette burger - it is what it is. Omelette with bacon in a bun. It’s OK I guess but I prefer the ‘sweet’ option - roll with butter and jam. Plus the hot drink, juice and pastry.

To be honest I think paying the extra for hotel breakfast is the best value, if you want something bigger than that.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

Smiles, we rode Buzz first at EMH (ran at rope drop and only waited 10mins!) then I went to Peter Pan with the daughter and hubby and son went to collect breakfast, so about 9? They said it wasn’t too busy, but be warned, all servers in all restaurants and shops and hotels take a long time to do anything, they never hurry, even fast food!
dreamadream is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

True. We rarely do counter service at DLP as it is so slow, the queues are huge and the food is rarely hot.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Ked
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by dreamadream View Post

Thank you for this we are not bothered about breakfast, coffee is all we need!
How was the Cheyenne? I’m not a great sleeper and I’m a bit concerned about the mattress (we’ve booked Texas room)
Thanks again
Ked is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Ked, I am going to be honest. The beds at hotel Cheyenne are very very bad. It put a dampener on our experience as we were both rather sore and achey. I do prefer a firmer bed but this was rock solid. Maybe it was worse because we have recently brought a Simba mattress and pillows and adore it’s comfort factor.
I did ask after the second night about upgrading to a mod/luxury hotel. Only DLH was available at £500, which we would of paid but the kids were adamant they weren’t going to share beds ( blooming kids! ) so we stayed put. We asked for additional pillows (as were given one each) and that helped the neck ache a bit.
Next time we will go mod or lux as good sleep is a massive part of my life (work lots of nights as a midwife so sleep is priority! ) and after a few days we were hanging from lack of sleep and 25k steps a day!

Edited at 01:54 PM.
Old 24 Oct 18, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Goodness, I hope we don’t have problems with them!

We have stayed in Santa Fe and those were fine. I wonder if it’s because these are new?
Old 24 Oct 18, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
dreamadream
Imagineer

Mobile

When I asked the guy said they were made to last...
Apparently Santa Fe are also uncomfortable but haven’t stayed there in forever so can’t compare as these may be due to the recent refurb