Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 Oct 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

Oh Steak and Shake is an absolute favourite of ours and we also loved Flippers at Old Town. The pizzas are amazing and huge we often took at least half home for the next day! I know that was only two of us but they were so good.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
gemma-lou
Imagineer

gemma-lou's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4
PM me your address my lovely I have a VIP eat for less card you can have. It gives you money off meals x
2008 - enclave suite - 2010 All Star Sport - 2017 Avanti Resort - 2018 Royal pacific and miami - 2022 Polynesian and Royal Pacific - - February 2024 family trip to Universal Dockside - November 2024 Universal Aventura & CSR DisneyWorld
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/signaturepics/sigpic28388_47.gif
gemma-lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Kala
Trying for More Ears

Spending

You can always use buffet meals like golden coral and I know Applebee’s do 2 for $20 this includes an appetiser and a main meal and reusable sodas and my kids always share meals as they are so big the portions I go there and you can get deals on take outs and it means you can eat back in your rooms really doable and if you have days where you don’t use all the daily allowance it means you can carry money over
Kala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Oct 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Jen3675
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I would call that a reasonable budget, you will be fine!

The breakfast buffet should cover lunch too.

Is the $100 just for food? Parkingand tips budgeted for?
Jen3675 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
anthonypriest
Getting to know the DIBB

Seems the food tips here cover everything off, $100 is completely doable. For souvenirs why not buy some secondhand pins and lanyards from ebay before you go (you can pick up 25 for around £15) - your children can them swap these with cast members throughout the parks and bring back ones they've chosen themselves, plus its a great game for them. Same with autograph books, pick some up before you go and you come home with something personal and special.
anthonypriest is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Emmapink
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by Laura1988 View Post
wow!

Thank you all so much! You have really helped me calm down and start to look forward to our holiday again!

xxx
If u send me a message with your address on I have a vip done for less card. It’s only valid for this year so no use to us. We used it a few times. U get 50% off or bogof in a few places and other discounts too xx
Emmapink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
owens5558
VIP Dibber

owens5558's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by TinkTatoo View Post
Check out Sweet Tomato where you can get a family meal for about $25 plus we love Publix chicken with a salad. Your budget of $100 a day is doable.

Make a few envelopes and put $100 in each. When you’ve spent it it’s gone but anything left can carry over to the next day.
You can also sign up for the sweet tomato vouchers at

souplantation/

Penny
owens5558 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Oct 18, 02:39 PM  
Link to this Post
florida_2012
Excited about Disney

Mobile

If u like pizza then cicis buffet is a great budget option. You can find lots of buy one get on free coupons on idrive. We have always found the food fresh and filling. Around $30 for family of 4 with drinks. We found some budget dinners like this allowed us to have different options on other days
florida_2012 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

I went as a single parent on a lowe budget with my 2 girls. They had saved any money they had before they went for spending money and that was for their shopping and souveniers. We had breakfast included in our hotel so they made the most of that and enjoyed making their own waffles and it was always a nice start to the day. What i did to ease the pressure was to take some snacks from home as i found the prices alot cheaper. i even took one of those small concentrated squash bottles so they could have a change from water. They had a treat whether an icecream or popcorn etc and they decided on which treat.There are many place to eat and you can always check menus and prices to see what is in your budget. If you dont want the pressure of paying a tip which can eat into your budget there are always the usual places like mcds . We also had pizza delivered and the portions sizes were huge enough to split between us. We would have break from the busy parks by slotting in days by the pool day enjoying the sunshine which made it more relaxing. .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Echoing everyone above.
To crystallise my advice.
1) Obtain refillable bottles ideally with a wide neck to get free water and ice in the parks. And take a medium/small size coolbag you can carry with you (we've loaned ours out to friends in the past so if you don't have one ask around). Soft sided if possible.

2) Freeze a couple of bottles of water overnight (If you are in the enclave you should have a fridge/freezer I think) to put into the cool bag to keep things cool and also to drink if you aren't in the parks.

3) Really recommend the one squirt fruit flavours things. Tesco's own are just as good as Robinsons and if you zip lock them up okay will easily reach the USA if you put in the main hold luggage. We took about 10 of them for our last trip and they lasted us well.

4) Buying pre made or making sandwiches to take with you into the parks in the cool bag is also a great saving. When we were in a hotel with all you can eat breakfast we found we could easily make sandwiches from what was there - Bread/rolls + Boiled eggs + Mayo = Egg mayo sandwiches, Same with Cheese and ham etc. Not that anyone challenged but we would have said we were going to finish them in the room as we took them out. I should also say we once made our own waffle in the hotel using the waffle machines and took it with us to eat going round the parks kept it in a zip bag.

5) Do get zip lock type bags - not the tied sandwich ones, but ones that can seal close properly. I have been known to grab some at the airport before the hang luggage screening and stash as few free bags to use on the holiday for many reasons.

Great for sandwiches, but also I've used them for emergency ice bags for a sore knee when my daughter had a tumble, fruit (in case it gets squished) and various other ideas (some I will spare everyone).

6) If in doubt about eating out - get some deserts/pies/yoghurt from Walmart/Publix etc and leave them in the fridge/freezer for when you get back home. My twins love ice cream and know that buying in the parks is "silly expensive" but the promise of ice cream when we get back to the room/villa in the evening is more that enough motivation.

7) If you do eat out - and you can't finish the food DO ask for a doggy bag. Obviously not possible in an all you can eat but still...

Edited at 03:21 PM.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List