Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Oct 18, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Just caught up with your last few days, it’s been an amazing trip, such a joy to read and get the excitement and reaction of a 3 year old.
Old 23 Oct 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Valentine
Imagineer

Mrs Valentine's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 21
loving the tips

DisneyJulie
Mrs Valentine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post

Thanks for posting this. I’m amazed at how much you’re managing to fit in, and I’m really jealous that your 3 year old naps!
Are you using a buggy?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hollie04 View Post
Thanks for posting this. I’m amazed at how much you’re managing to fit in, and I’m really jealous that your 3 year old naps!
Are you using a buggy?
He doesn’t nap at home but I guess the combination of the time difference and the amount of stimulation he’s getting from the parks is having the desired effect!

Oh and yes, we have a buggy. Airlines carry them for free so I brought one from home

Edited at 07:46 PM.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

So as expected, we’ve had a very relaxing morning today. I woke at 6am but the little man didn’t wake up until after 9am! I’d kind of anticipated this so cancelled the FP’s we had and booked some for tonight instead.

It was gone 10am by the time we’d eaten breakfast so we decided to head for Disney Springs. There wasn’t really anything we wanted to buy but it’s a great place to spend a chilled out morning checking out all the shops and restaurants.

We stopped for an early lunch at the brilliant Blaze Pizza which is a must do on any trip as far as I’m concerned! Little man was absolutely fascinated by the giant balloon that goes up and down by the lake so we sat outside so he could watch it. We shared a pizza and some cheesy dough balls - £12.71 spent after our Annual pass discount.

Next we went over to the Coca Cola store for a drink at their awesome roof top bar. I had a cocktail with coke (obviously), vanilla vodka and kalua which was yummy and the little man had a coke float with vanilla ice cream and cherry’s. £12.41 spent and worth it for the cool views from the roof top bar.

They’ve finally reopened the main entrance to the world of Disney store and the whole thing now looks fantastic. We probably spent an hour between that and the Lego store across the road before we wondered back to the car.

On the way back to the hotel we stopped to put some fuel in the car and I bought a couple of tickets for the lottery tonight (£15.41 spent). The jackpot is... wait for it... 1.6 BILLION dollars! After we win that later tonight we’re going to celebrate with one final trip to AK. Not sure where we’ll eat yet. We might go back to sweet tomatoes but we’ll see what we fancy later.

Now seems like a good time to add up the spending so far. We’re up to £224.43 meaning we have £63.94 of the budget left with less than a day to go! Not bad considering we’ve eaten on site at Disney a few times in the last couple of days.

Thanks again for reading everyone

Edited at 08:49 PM.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
minniecassie
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

Mobile

As always thanks for your lovely updates. Looks like you have definately made your budget, well done. We have all enjoyed for sure your journey through the week and really pleased you have both had a brilliant time. One of the few trips I have been waiting on updates for so I can read out to dh and thanks for all those tips. Enjoy the last bit of fun with your little man 😁
minniecassie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Oooh, good luck with the lottery, I reckon you could treat all us lovely dibbers to our own £1k trip each and still have some change left !

Enjoy your last day and thanks for the updates.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
He doesn’t nap at home but I guess the combination of the time difference and the amount of stimulation he’s getting from the parks is having the desired effect!

Oh and yes, we have a buggy. Airlines carry them for free so I brought one from home
Mine won’t nap anywhere but a moving buggy and only if we time it right . I don’t hold out much hope for next trip when she’ll be almost 4.

I don’t know why I had it in my head that you were letting him walk. That makes much more sense! We have given up taking our own buggy because we’re too lazy to add an extra thing to our giant pile of luggage and car seats. Kingdom Strollers all the way .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 11:26 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

Just caught up and thank you for sharing ,this thread as got to be one of the best I have read in a long time .keep enjoying and making magical memories x
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Oct 18, 02:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Doing so well! We also bought two lottery tickets