Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 22 Oct 18, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

The view from our wee patio in Grandstand area of SSR. You could see the Disney springs boats go past too.
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
If you want to try the on-site experience you might as well go for a resort as close as possible to the parks. For that reason and the fact you like Epcot, I would recommend one of the Crescent Lake resorts - Beach Club, Boardwalk, Yacht club.

Although AKL/AKV are quiet and have the nature you like I don't think you would get as much benefit from being on-site as it is a bit out of the way.

If you are looking at a studio in the villa resorts then there's not a lot of difference compared to the hotel rooms other than the small kitchenette. There's no washer/dryer in the studios so you won't be able to do your own washing in the room (you'd need to go for a one bed or bigger for your own laundry facilities) but there are laundry rooms.
I've stayed in both rooms and studios and I would say rooms are a bit nicer.

If its just the two of you and price isn't a big factor then I'd say a king room at the Yacht club as it's the quietest resort in the area or else the same at BCR or BWI.
lov2dibb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 18, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

If I had the choice of a hotel room or villa at WDW, I would always choose the villa and a one bedroom at that. The room in a one bedroom is lovely and it's nice to have a little privacy. I agree with the previous poster who said OKW or SSR (although I strongly prefer OKW).

I know there are people who sign the praises of the Epcot resorts, personally, I feel they are over priced and much prefer the tranquility of OKW.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post
lov2dibb
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Originally Posted by Ridersmom View Post
If I had the choice of a hotel room or villa at WDW, I would always choose the villa and a one bedroom at that. The room in a one bedroom is lovely and it's nice to have a little privacy. I agree with the previous poster who said OKW or SSR (although I strongly prefer OKW).

I know there are people who sign the praises of the Epcot resorts, personally, I feel they are over priced and much prefer the tranquility of OKW.
Yes, OKW is lovely and tranquil IF you get the right room. I've not had a lot of luck with that and out of the 4 times I've stayed there I've had to change rooms 3 times because of noise - 2 rooms backed onto the road and 1 was beside a bus stop. Never again
lov2dibb is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 02:07 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Not sure I'd describe AK as quiet, always seemed to be someone drumming plus as it's a bit of attraction in itself it probably is one of the hotels that has the most non residents wandering about at all times of day.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

Love2Dibb,

We have always had a one bedroom with a patio/deck on to a golf course or fountain. I do not request being near the hospitality house or a pool so maybe this helps. We have never been far from anything though. I love how spread out the resort is though.

I have only stayed at SSR once and again, we had a view of a fountain. That stay I requested walking distance to DS.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
English Tim
Excited about Disney

My TA tried several 1 bed villas and all that was available was OKW, which we chose not to stay at.

We have opted for a Savanna room at AKL, as it reviews well and is close to our favourite park.