Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Oct 18, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Endeavour
VIP Dibber

I'm usually working so knock off a bit early, go home to collect the family and then do an evening check-in of luggage - we're only 3-4 miles from airport and it's great, as before we discovered it was an option the packing would continue until very, very late. Once the bags are gone we drop the dog at family and then triple check the hand luggage, docs, money, cards, etc.
Endeavour is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love pre-travel day! We usually go on a Thursday or Friday so I will book the day off work whilst DH goes to work and the kids go to school.
I finish the packing, clear out the fridge, change the beds and make sure the house is generally tidy. Then it’s a trip to get nails done.
Pick up the girls from school and get them changed and fed before DH gets home - pack the car, head to airport hotel and relax with a glass of something cold when we get there!
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
arkv1lla
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 13
Mobile

I tend to go mid week so I work up to the day before we travel

Once home I make sure house it clean and tidy ( but our 3 boys tend not to come now so it’s not worth me doing a proper deep clean as I wont come back to it looking like that &#129315

We do last minute packing and try to go to bed not too late as it’s always a early start

Sandra
arkv1lla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
HenrysDad
Imagineer

HenrysDad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Travelling tomorrow 🤗
Managed to get home from office a few hours earlier than normal 😊
Quick cuppa, do on line check in then off to do some work in our shop ready for it to be left without us for the next 10 days, home via Dominoes for tea then start to pack the clothes ready for a quick getaway early in the morning.
Another quite day in the my world where days need to be five hours longer.
Old 23 Oct 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Cleaning my house, although for the cat sitter rather than burglers!
Cleaning it again after DH gets home, dumps his stuff everywhere and somehow makes a giant mess in the kitchen...

Our next holiday in December we have a stupid 2 day overnight team meeting finishing on the day before we travel. So I can't take the day off, will have to get home at 4pm and go straight off to the airport hotel! Its stressing me out trying to work out when to have my nails done and finish packing lol
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 06:21 PM  
Link to this Post
hideinpockets
Apprentice Imagineer

hideinpockets's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I have literally no pre travel routine apart from packing my bag! I do clean the house but not ott, just a normal clean and making sure everything is packed and we have passports
hideinpockets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I usually wake up and strip all the beds, wash, dry and put bedding back on. We have subway for lunch, back home to check all the bags and check all hand luggage, passports etc. Turn everything off, throw hubby and kids out to the car with all the luggage Hoover and mop the house locking everything on the way out then off to the airport hotel. We go for food usually pesto at the Trafford centre!
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Pre-travel day this year we are driving down to Manchester around noon, however in the morning we're taking DD to her toddler class first.

I hope to have cleaned the house and have all the packing done the day before pre-travel day...but we'll see!
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tre85
VIP Dibber

My Mum is dog sitting so Friday (yes THIS Friday) will consist of OH working from home so I am cleaning the house and putting on fresh bedding. I will then go to get all my bits waxed (TMI?) and have a manicure. Will then come home and do any last min packing and have lunch/cake with my Mum.

Then its on the road to Manchester to stay at the Crowne Plaza, think we're going to have a meal on the Chinese restaurant there. Our flight was originally 10:30am on the Saturday but got changed to 13:50 so we will have a lie in (yeah right!) and a leisurely breakfast before heading over to the airport to spend a small fortune in duty free (Jo Malone perfume, bare minerals make up and maybe some Gin!)

Eeeeeekkkkk!
Old 23 Oct 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Our last two times it’s consisted of McDonald’s breakfast, taking the cats to the Cattery, last minute packing, stripping the bed and other housework and then getting the train to Gatwick.

When we go next August I’ll actually be working until lunch time so will come home, shower and drive to Gatwick. OH is having the day off so he can be in charge of cats and cleaning 😉
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List