Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
The Glowtini Girls do DLP - Pre-travel Day

After what seemed like a life-time of waiting, finally Wednesday 25th January dawned!

The start of the day was very similar to every other day, getting up, showered, dressed, trying to get the kids to do the same, breakfasts, school bags checked... but this morning also meant that I finished packing, woo hoo!

So with suitcase and my Cheshire Cat bag loaded into the boot of the car I dropped DS at school and started the long journey to work. Finally I arrived at the office, and the countdown to 4pm started...only 6hrs and 13 mins to go...

Anna and I snapchatted each other all day, why wasn't the time going faster

Finally Anna arrived at my office at 3.50pm. I spotted her out of the window and with much excitement gathered all my belongings together, switched on my out of office, logged off and danced out of the building. Much squealing ensued on greeting each other, neither of us could believe that the time had finally arrived.

With Anna's suitcase loaded into the car alongside mine we hit the road, destination Ashford.

We stopped part way for a coffee for me, and a tea for Anna at Clackett Lane Services, we also cheekily picked up some 'souvenirs' for the kids in WHSmith

Back on the road at around 5.20pm we hit heavy traffic and finally arrived at Ashford North Premier Inn at 6.30pm.

Check in was super smooth, and we were given rooms on the 1st floor. I absolutely love a Premier Inn, you know exactly what you're going to get, and it's become a tradition of ours to stay at the Ashford North Premier Inn before a DLP trip, it feels like coming home.

Bags were dropped in rooms and Anna and I hot-footed it over the The Woolpack for a much needed glass (or 2 ) of wine before dinner.

Our table was booked for 7pm and soon enough it was time for us to go through for dinner. Neither of us wanted starters so we chose our mains and caught up on our days (despite that fact that we'd been chatting to each other all day anyway )

Dinner arrived, veggie burger and chips for me and chilli for Anna.

We'd planned ahead for dessert and had brought some rocky road to eat in our rooms with a cup of tea, so we settled the bill which had ended up being much cheaper than we'd budgeted for. Including the bottle of wine we'd shared we paid £35, £17.50 each, bargain!

We walked back across the car park to the hotel, stopping to take photo's for the trip report...

Back in our respective rooms we changed into PJ's...soooo much comfier. Anna came to my room (our rooms we're opposite each other) and with a cup of tea and a piece of rocky road we set to it running over our plans for the next few days.

Then it was time to say goodnight, and set our alarms for the next morning.

Sleep finally came at around 11pm...

Next: A Tale of Two Earls...

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports

Edited at 06:15 PM.
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post

Good start ladies. Darrin and I love Premier Inn. They are consistent no matter which one you stay at. We like the one at Euston which we use when doing steam train trips.
So we've got to Ashford... bring the rest on!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Looking forward to reading more ... another fan of premier inns here too... we always think it starts the holiday a day earlier...and you've got to love a premier inn breakfast even my fussy girls fill their boots lol.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

A lovely start! Love the Premier Inn's too, we always stay over pre-travel day when going to the states & will do again when going to NYC in June.
Can't wait to read more, only 73 sleeps till we're off to DLP again so excited for the 25th celebrations!

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Clackett Lane services are legendary! Once left my handbag there, and we had to drive all the way back to get it - oops!

A great start, looking forward to more ladies

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Day 1 has now been uploaded!

That's it for today, hopefully will have time for more tomorrow

Loving all the love for Premier Inn's we stayed in a Travelodge the year before last... never again!

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Edited at 06:18 PM.
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
A lovely start! Love the Premier Inn's too, we always stay over pre-travel day when going to the states & will do again when going to NYC in June.
Can't wait to read more, only 73 sleeps till we're off to DLP again so excited for the 25th celebrations!
I'm going to NYC in May, so excited!

So jealous of your DLP countdown, I'm desperate to get over for the 25th celebrations

Old 2 Feb 17, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
I'm going to NYC in May, so excited!

So jealous of your DLP countdown, I'm desperate to get over for the 25th celebrations
We've 2 DLP trips booked this year, so can't wait!

I love NYC it's my other obsession! I see your going a few weeks before me, a lovely time of year to go. Have you been before?
LOU LOU DISNEY is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 17, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by LOU LOU DISNEY View Post
We've 2 DLP trips booked this year, so can't wait!

I love NYC it's my other obsession! I see your going a few weeks before me, a lovely time of year to go. Have you been before?
No, never even been to the US! My mum and I are going together, she's never been to America before either so it's a first for both of us, we're so excited!

Old 2 Feb 17, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
LOU LOU DISNEY
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Beaker7929 View Post
No, never even been to the US! My mum and I are going together, she's never been to America before either so it's a first for both of us, we're so excited!
Oh you's will just love it! The good thing about it is no matter how many times you go there will always be something different to see/do! Happy planning!🗽

✨Disneyland Paris - 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 16, 17 x3, 18, 19x2, 22, 24.
✨Disneyworld Florida - 08, 14, 15, 17, 25.
✨Disneyland Tokyo & Disney Sea - 2016.
✨Disneyland California - 2018, 2023
✨Disney Magic 🚢 - 2021
⭐️NYC - 2016, 2017, 2019.
⭐️Las Vegas, Grand Canyon -2018
⭐️San Francisco, Las Vegas & Antelope Canyon -19 ⭐️Washington DC - 22⭐️LA/Anaheim-23 ⭐️Seattle -24