Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Beyond the Sea: Day 6 - Sea Day

<<<Day 5

Our first full day on the ship! We have been awaiting this day for a long time. Partly with trepidation – would I spend half the day knocking back Stugeron with ginger ale? Would there be enough to do? But mostly with excitement – our cruise is really and truly under way now.

Despite the big comfy bed, I am awake by 7am and eager to be up and about, but Peter isn’t stirring yet, so I go and have a shower in the dinky little bathroom. There are of course lovely H2O toiletries provided, but I’m amused to see there is no shower gel, only soap. Really? It must be years since I’ve used an actual bar of soap to shower with. I have to say, the fragrance they use on the cruise line (sea salt) doesn’t really smell of much, and I can’t say I have a desperate urge to bring any home. The grapefruit bergamot one we had at SSR is much more evocative, one whiff of that and I’m in Disney!

Showered and dressed, I sneak out of the room with a bag of washing from our last few days at DLP. The laundry room is just two doors down from our room, and right now it’s empty. So I bung everything in a machine, and then use my KTTW card to get some washing powder from the dispenser. However, either I am doing something wrong, or they’re out of washing powder, because despite swiping my card several times and pushing every button, nothing happens. This is Rookie Mistake 1 – you’ll need to keep track. I decide that frankly, as nothing got particularly dirty, a wash without powder should be enough. So I swipe my card, press the buttons on the machine, and then pop back into our room. Still no movement from Peter, so I grab our thermal mugs and head up to Deck 9 to the coffee machine. I have a little wander up on deck, but it’s a bit cold and windy, so I take the coffees back downstairs, and pop into the laundry to see how the washing is doing. I then discover Rookie Mistake 2. The washing is still sitting in the machine, which hasn’t even started. The button I pressed started the empty machine above it instead. Ooooookay … so I swipe the card again, press the right button this time, and leave the clothes to experience a lovely dip in the Mediterranean (well, sort of).

While the clothes are at last getting a wash, I go back to the room, to find that Peter has woken up and is also having a wash. He’s very grateful for the coffee – I have to say, we do like to start the day with a brew. I understand why they don’t have coffee makers in the staterooms, and it’s not as if Deck 9 is miles away, but if could change one thing about DCL, that would probably be it! I know you can order coffee from room service, but trust me, no-one but my beloved needs to see me before I’ve had my first coffee of the day.

While we’re sipping our coffees we watch a bit of the Disney music channel (which mostly seems to be songs from Descendants 2 at the moment) and then I pop back into the laundry where the machine has finished. So, assuming it’s a washer/dryer (which will be Rookie Mistake 3) I swipe the card again and press the dryer button. That mistake will come back to haunt me later.

Oblivious to the plight of our wet washing, we go up to Cabana’s for breakfast. This is our first experience of Cabana’s, and we are pleasantly surprised. Yes, it’s busy and noisy, but we were expecting that. What we weren’t expecting to find was the sheer variety of food on offer – everything from cereal through pancakes, waffles, grits (no thank you) fruit, sausage, bacon, perfectly soft little eggs benedicts (what exactly is the plural of eggs benedict?) bagels, pastries and much, much more. As we take our full trays towards the nearest seating area, a nearby CM even offers to get our coffee and juice from the machines.

Having satisfied our appetites, we nip back to our room via the laundry, where I discover the aforementioned Rookie Mistake 3. The dryer is a separate machine – so I’ve paid for an empty dryer while the wet clothes sat in the washer. So we put the clothes in the dryer, swipe the card yet again, and leave them to it. Fortunately no-one else appears to want to use the laundry this morning!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14

Edited at 07:41 AM.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Once the clothes are dry we put them back in our stateroom to sort out later, and head to Fathoms for this morning’s main event – bingo. Now, my only real experience of bingo has been at Peter’s family’s workingmen’s club, where for about a fiver you can have a couple of hours’ entertainment and maybe come away having won your ticket money back, or a bit more if you’re really lucky. Here on the ship, things are very different. You can buy various packages, many including electronic machines that do the hard work for you. I can see the point of these for children, or perhaps those who have been enjoying a few drinks of the day, but if we’re going to pay for a game we want to actually play it! So we shell out the princely sum of $40 (ouch) which gets us a book of tickets each.

The proceedings are kicked off by our caller Christina, who says she is from Wales. Well, I’m from Wales and I’ve never heard anyone talk like that! Her accent is hard to define, but let’s just say it’s very American indeed. She jokes that she is the next Princess of Wales, but Harry doesn’t know it yet. (Hmmm, she’ll need to change that one now!) She runs through the rules and encourages us to interact in various ways – shouting encouragement to ‘Betty’ the bingo machine if the numbers aren’t going our way, standing up if we’re getting close, and shouting ‘sit down!’ to people standing nearby. I can only imagine the reaction if we tried to do bingo like this at the club! To use a cricketing comparison they would appreciate, this is like the ’20-20’ version of bingo. There’s loud music, lots of jumping up and down and plenty of corny jokes from the hosts.

Another thing we aren’t used to is that the grid of numbers has a letter at the head of the column, spelling out the word BINGO. So you get B43, N72 and so on. This gives the hosts more opportunities for corny jokes – when O63 comes up they burst into a Christmas carol “Oh sixty-three, oh sixty-three” and a call of B11 gets everyone doing the B11 dance – because 11 in Spanish is ‘once’ pronounced ‘on-say’ so you get Be-on-say (but they don’t play a Beyonce song, confusingly!)

Anyway, in amongst all the shenanigans we do actually manage to play some bingo, and although we come close a few times, we don’t even get to stand up, let alone actually win anything. Still, it’s been fun. Expensive, but fun!

Afterwards we have a chat with Christina and discover she comes from Bridgend, near my parents. I say I’ve never met anyone from Bridgend who sounds like her – and she immediately switches to broad South Wales! Obviously she finds it easier to use an American style accent on the ship so that more of the guests can understand her. She’s lovely and we have a nice little catch up.

It’s lunchtime by now, and we weigh up the options. We have a mixology class booked for this afternoon so we definitely want something fairly substantial for lunch, but on the other hand breakfast was quite hearty and dinner will be too. Rather than joining the crowds at Cabana’s again, we opt to check out Pete’s Boiler Bites up on Deck 9, and have a proper look round up there.

Deck 9 is quiet, as it’s still rather overcast and windy – not good sunlounging weather. After getting ourselves some drinks from the machines, we hit Pete’s Boiler Bites where Peter orders a burger and I go for the chicken tenders (both with fries) and we find ourselves a table.

Peter’s happy with his burger and I am pleasantly surprised by how nice the chicken tenders are. I don’t know whether it’s the coating they use or what, but these are much, much nicer than your standard high street offerings. We follow it up with some chocolate and vanilla ice cream from the self-serve machine, which again is pretty good. We still aren’t used to not having to pay for food or even charge it to the room! It’s quite an experience

Speaking of charges, you’ll remember that I ended up paying about $10 for a $2 load of washing this morning. This was of course entirely my fault, but knowing how good Disney CMs can be, I stop by the Guest Services desk and ask if they would be willing to help out a clueless newbie. They are more than happy to take the unwanted charges off our bill, which is really nice of them. OK, so it’s a small amount in the scheme of things, but it illustrates the attitude of DCL – they really do want you to have a good time.

Next we explore the shops, and Peter buys me a DCL Pandora charm. They no longer sell the one in the shape of a cruise ship, but there are several others, and I choose a heart with the DCL logo. You can only buy these on board, and this is my belated 50th birthday present from Peter, so it’s very special indeed. We also buy a rather nice pen and mug with black and white photos of cruise-related images – very classy. These will later become presents for family.

Then we nip back down to our stateroom to relax for a while before the afternoon’s activities. Approaching the room we notice that our fish extender has had a visit from not one but two families in our group, and is bulging with presents!

We take them into the room excitedly and spend a happy few minutes opening our treasures. We’re pleased to see we now have a great magnet for our door, as well as specially made hair ties, Mickey earphones, Christmas ornaments and even a bag of Dead Sea bath crystals as one of the families is from Israel!

At the end of our bed there’s a handy chest of drawers, and we designate our ‘fish extender haul drawer’ and pack all the goodies away for now – apart from the door magnet, which we of course put out straight away!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 17, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Once the stateroom is tidy again, we go back over to the ‘After Hours’ area, but this time to ‘Keys’ the piano bar, for our afternoon mixology class.

The class was organised by someone in the Facebook group, and since there are over 20 of us, we assume we will have Keys to ourselves. However, there’s a long queue at the door and many people are holding tickets. This throws us a bit as no-one mentioned tickets! So we get talking to some of the people waiting, and suspect something has gone wrong somewhere. They don’t seem to know about the Facebook group and have booked separately.

A few minutes later a CM comes out and explains that there has been a mistake and the class has been double-booked, and all the people with tickets will have to come back for a later slot. As you can imagine they are not best pleased and there’s a lot of muttering. Fortunately our booking is correct, and so we head in, taking the opportunity to put some faces to names and meet some of the people we’ve been nattering with on FB for the past few months. We find seats and soon the class is under way. Our host is a lady from Slovenia called Nika, who jokes that her aim is to get us nicely drunk and out of here in about an hour! She also explains that on the Magic, unlike some of the other Disney ships, it’s not possible to get behind the bar without going through a ‘backstage’ area where guests aren’t allowed. So unfortunately we won’t be able to make our own drinks, though we will be able to help with one of them.

She starts things off by giving each of us our first cocktail - a drink called the Azure Coast, which contains vodka and blue curacao (and possibly something else I didn’t get a chance to write down).

While she outlines what’s in it, other CMs are bringing round trays of drinks and making sure we all have what we need. We’ve been told the drinks are small, and OK, perhaps they are not full cocktail size, but they are certainly big enough for me! I don’t drink much alcohol normally and I’m certainly no expert on cocktails.

We try our Azure Coast. It’s not really to my taste – not unpleasant but it isn’t something I would order for myself.

Meanwhile Nika is introducing the next cocktail, which we will have a hand in making. This is an Irish Mojito. We are each brought a glass containing a mixture of agave syrup, mint, lime and apple juice, and a ‘muddler’ which is a big black stick used to ‘muddle’ the ingredients together. Fortunately I’ve only had half my Azure Coast by this time, otherwise I’d be a bit muddled myself! Anyway, we all muddle away with a will, and then CMs come round to add Jamesons whiskey to our drinks. Now I don’t usually like whiskey at all, but surprisingly I really like this one. Very smooth and warming.

Shortly our third drink comes around. I don’t seem to have made a note of its name, but it’s basically a glass of prosecco mixed with limoncello, with some fresh raspberries. Very nice and refreshing, and appropriate since we’re on our way to the Amalfi coast, the home of limoncello.

We’ve barely taken two sips of this before our fourth drink comes round. This is a salted caramel martini, which Nika says she invented, having found a bottle of toffee vodka and not knowing what to do with it. It consists of the aforementioned toffee vodka, a pinch of sea salt and some rum chata. For those who (like me) don’t know what rum chata is, apparently it’s a rum based liqueur with vanilla and cinnamon. Sounds like something I should check out. The drink would be lovely apart from one thing – the salt. It’s one of our frequent moans that you can’t seem to find plain old caramel anywhere these days, it’s always the salted kind. Personally I would love this drink if they just left out the salt. Anyway, two of the group are picked to use shakers to prepare our drink, which they do willingly. Perhaps this distracted me from my triply duties, because I have no photos of this drink!

There’s a small pause while we sip our various drinks and chat. So far my favourite is definitely the Irish Mojito, but I do manage to finish them all. Before long, the final drink of the afternoon is brought round – a B52. For those (again like me) who didn’t spend their teenage/student years knocking these back, this consists of kahlua, Baileys and Grand Marnier, poured in three layers. I like all those drinks and so this one is a hit with me, though I don’t think I would want more than one – there’s a lot of booze in there. (And sorry, no picture of this one either!)

With that, Nika wraps things up, and we give an enthusiastic round of applause to her and the hard working CMs who have served us. The class has cost us $20 each, which will automatically be charged to our account. When you think of how much you would pay at any bar on the ship for just one of those cocktails, that’s really good value.

We stay and chat long enough to finish our drinks, and then go up in the lift to Deck 9 for our first ever visit to Cove Café, the coffee bar in the adults only area. After five drinks we are definitely in need of a coffee! Cove Café turns out to be a relaxing little coffee shop, looking pretty much like your average Starbucks, but with one big difference – the cakes, instead of costing an arm and a leg, are completely free. You do, however, have to pay for the coffees. I confess I’m still confused by this. I can understand charging for alcohol, and even for things like flavoured syrups – but I still find it odd that you can eat all the cake you want, but have to pay extra for a latte! Still, we really do want one right now, so we help ourselves to some of the little cakes, order two double shot lattes and find a table. Shortly afterwards someone brings over the coffees and the bill, which we use the KTTW card to charge to our room. We’re also given a loyalty card, as your sixth coffee is free. Along with the coffee come two large biscotti wrapped in cellophane. We unwrap them and dip them into the coffee. Well, I wish we hadn’t. I know biscotti are supposed to be hard (they soften in the hot coffee) but this one is really hard, and doesn’t really get soft enough to eat even with a lot of dipping. Added to that, despite being a sweet biscuit, it is liberally studded with salt. Salt! What fresh hell is this? Is the curse of the salted caramel spreading further afield? Seriously, if you want to give me a free biscuit with my coffee, make it one of those nice little gingerbread ones you get in posh restaurants, not a great big wodge of hard salty cardboard. Eww.

Still, the lattes are nice, and we enjoy relaxing in the café with them. Eventually, though, we decide to go back to our room – pausing on the way to grab a slice of pizza each from Pinocchio’s Pizzaria. It’s really good, fresh and hot, and just the right thing to mop up the remains of the alcohol.

Edited at 07:24 AM.
Old 11 Dec 17, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
We head back to our stateroom for a much-needed rest – it’s hard work, all this eating and drinking! And I don’t mind saying I have a really good sleep for an hour or so. I’m pretty sure Peter does too. But eventually we wake up and get changed for dinner. Tonight is ‘formal night’ which apparently is interpreted in a variety of ways by DCL guests, some going for ‘smart casual’ and others for the full-on dinner jacket and ballgown look. We’ve compromised – Peter is wearing a grey suit and I’m in a pink summer dress. We wore these outfits to the Royal Garden Party last year as I was fortunate enough to be nominated by my boss to attend. So frankly, if they’re good enough for Her Majesty, we’re sure they will pass muster on the Magic!

Before heading to the restaurant, we stop off in the Atrium, where a photographer is doing official photos for formal night, posed with the statue of Mickey steering the ship. He does a great job, taking time to get our poses just right, and I have to say the official photo is a really good one.

Photo done, we go into Lumiere’s, our allocated restaurant for tonight. We are really glad to have been given this rotation (we requested it on the advice of the Dibb’s very own Bats, and as usual, she knows what she’s talking about!) The beautiful décor of Lumiere’s really suits the formal dress and atmosphere. As well as the Beauty and the Beast mural on one wall, there are little touches everywhere in the restaurant which point to the theme. I don’t think it would have felt the same sitting in the Brazilian village atmosphere of Carioca’s.

Our server Nikola and assistant server Amphie are waiting to welcome us, and tonight they introduce us to our tablemates, who were missing last night. They are a retired couple called Frank and Doreen from New Jersey. They explain that they went to Palo last night (you can now do this on your first night, apparently, which I believe is a new thing this year). They’ve had a lovely time so far, but they tell us they are planning to ask if they can switch to the second dinner seating, as they have a lot of long excursions planned for the port days and are worried about getting back in time for the early sitting. This is probably a good move for them – like many of the American guests, they want to make the most of a rare opportunity to visit places like Rome and Florence. So we make the most of their company tonight.

Edited at 07:30 AM.
Old 11 Dec 17, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Tonight’s menu, as befits the restaurant, has a definite French influence.

After French country bread and olive spread, I start with the iced lobster and jumbo shrimp, which is light and refreshing.

Peter decides to skip the appetisers and go for a French onion soup, served with the traditional gruyere cheese crouton on top. Yes, that’s crouton, singular, but we aren’t talking those teensy cubes of fried bread you get thrown into your soup. This is a piece of bread the size of the bowl itself, oozing with yummy melted cheese. Hearty and delicious.

For the entrée I choose the duck breast.

Peter goes for the chateaubriand-roasted filet steak.

Both are superb, very tasty indeed, although neither are particularly hot, and Peter has to send his back and get a fresh one.

For dessert Peter has the crème brulee.

I go for the Grand Marnier soufflé – again, both excellent.

Tonight’s dinner is definitely a notch above last night’s meal at Carioca’s. Perhaps it’s because it’s formal night, or maybe because the French-influenced cuisine at Lumiere’s suits us better. Not that there was anything wrong with last night’s meal, but this is definitely a more luxurious affair.

Edited at 07:36 AM.
Old 11 Dec 17, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
We bid goodbye to Frank and Doreen and wish them a good day for tomorrow, and then head straight over to Fathoms to catch the Flyboys again. In contrast to last night’s ‘adult only’ show (which didn’t really have any noticeably adult content), this one has been advertised ‘family friendly’. So quite why they decide to start their set with a swing version of the controversial ‘Blurred Lines’ is beyond me. At least this version doesn’t feature any unsuitable dance moves. Anyway, once again they deliver an excellent set, with the smooth vocals complemented by fun choreography and a nice line in self-deprecating humour. These guys are definitely worth catching. We may have missed the Captain’s Welcome Reception to do so (sorry, Captain Marco, I’m sure it was lovely) but it was definitely worth it.

Once their short set is over, we move on to the main show for tonight in the Walt Disney Theater, which is ‘Twice Charmed’. This is a twist on the Cinderella story, featuring a villain called Franco, who is apparently Lady Tremaine’s wicked Fairy Godfather (who knew she needed any help to be wicked?) Basically there’s a ‘what if we turned back time’ plot (but no sign of Cher, thankfully) involving spells, curses, lost memories and giant mice, as well as some great new songs. Of course, Franco’s plan comes with strings attached, because as we all know “Magic comes at a price” – and all ends happily for Cinderella and her Prince. This show is excellent, well worth getting there early for to get a good seat as it’s very popular.

After the show we pop back into the shop to buy the Flyboys’ CD, and also a DCL ‘Med cruise’ tree ornament (half price as it’s the final Med cruise this year, yay!)

(EDIT! FAKE NEWS ALERT!)

I originally wrote that we met Daisy in the Atrium at this point. In fact that was on day 8, as I have only just realised now I'm writing it! The confusion arose because I am wearing the same dress - but the eagle-eyed among you may notice that Peter is wearing a different shirt in the picture below.

(THE FOLLOWING DID NOT HAPPEN TODAY!)

Then we nip downstairs to Deck 3, where we spot Daisy in the Atrium with virtually no queue, so we pop over and say hello to her. We’re still in our formal wear and she seems very impressed by my dress.

(END OF FAKE NEWS! THIS INCIDENT WILL REAPPEAR ON DAY 8!)

We then go back to Fathoms (yes, again, third time today!) as we want to catch the ‘Match Your Mate’ show. In fact we arrive a little early as the previous quiz show, something called ‘Seriously?’ is into its final round. We have no clue what’s going on, except that two people are through to the final, and the audience are being asked to help them choose between several possible answers to a question. We encourage the guy nearest to us (later known as 'Canadian John') with what we think is the right answer, and he wins. Our host Tisa then presents all of us with rather nice DCL luggage tags, which we feel a bit bad about really as we’ve only been here five minutes! Still, it wouldn’t be right to turn down a freebie.

Next it’s time for the quiz we came in for, ‘Match Your Mate’. For those who remember the UK quiz show ‘Mr and Mrs’ this is basically the same thing. Tisa starts things off by asking couples who want to be chosen to come forward, and we decide to give it a go. As we’re still in our formal wear and I don’t want to leave my bag on the seat, we both get some good-natured ribbing from Tisa about being overdressed for the occasion. In the end, the audience votes for 3 couples and we aren’t one of them. Oh well. In the event, the three consist of a younger couple whose relationship is fairly new, an older couple who have been together 50 years, and one who have been together 20 years. This last couple are two men, and it is heartening to see that no-one in the audience raises an eyebrow at this. Then again, people who go on Disney cruises are probably not the sort of people who grab their pitchforks and flaming torches because LeFou dances with a man… but I digress.

The game gets under way, and one half of each couple is banished outside the room while the other is asked questions and has to predict what their other half would say. These range from ‘what would they say first attracted them to you’ through to ‘Where is the most unusual place you have ever “discovered the magic” (making it clear that ‘Barcelona cruise port’ was not what we were talking about here!) When the other halves come back, they are asked the same questions and points are awarded on how their answers match the predictions. Then the other half of the couples go off outsideand a similar grilling takes place. It’s rather sweet and very funny, and no-one is surprised when the couple celebrating their golden wedding are the ones who win.

Once the game is over we go back to our stateroom, to find we have been left more fish extender goodies, and also a pair of swans as tonight’s towel animal! After examining these we fall gratefully into bed after a long day. There’s certainly been plenty to do – in fact the problem was fitting it all in! I think we’ve discovered we like sea days.

Join us tomorrow for a visit to a soggy Herculaneum and a very wet Naples!

>>> Day 7

INDEX

Edited at 10:11 AM.
Old 13 Dec 17, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
oribanana
Getting to know the DIBB

I am loving this trip report. Your first sea day sounded fab. We are on our first cruise on the magic around British isles next September so its great to see your experiences.
I love your dress too.
Thanks and looking forward to the rest!
oribanana is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Dec 17, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mixology, Cove Cafe and formal night - what a great day! We spent the exact same day on the Magic
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Just caught up with your trippie so far, on GopherLass's recommendation. Sounds like an amazing holiday! We're off to DLP in Feb and have never done a cruise so all the detail is great, thanks for sharing.
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Dec 17, 05:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

What an excellent day, and there was so much to do!

The cocktail class sounds excellent and certainly something I would enjoy. Following your comment on the Irish Mojito, do try to do the Jameson tour if you are ever in Dublin. Unlike the Guinness tour, it is guided and you all sit down with complimentary drinks at the end. If you like whiskey, make sure to 'volunteer' at the start of the tour as they you get to try 3 different Whiskey styles.

Sorry, off topic, but your comments about how pleasant the Jameson was reminded me - as I ma not really a whiskey drinker either, but liked that.

Unlimited cake sounds excellent, but I agree with you it is off that the coffee is chargeable.

How nice that they refunded your washing money, only a small amount to them but such a nice gesture. Were the clothes ok after their ordeal?

Well done for winning in the quiz even though you were only there at the end - don't feel bad for claiming the prize, look at it as if you were the 'phone a friend' for that last question, you were there when it mattered.

You both look fabulous for the formal night, your dress is such a pretty colour I am not surprised that Daisy was impressed. The photo of you both with the captain Mickey statue is a lovely shot too, what a nice memento.

I've been thinking about it and the plural of eggs Benedict must be eggs Benedict, like fish or sheep.
Or perhaps you could use a collective, like have an indulgence of eggs Benedict? Or a deliciousness of eggs Benedict?

Looking forward to reading more of your trip

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List