Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 26 Sep 18, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
davidfrankland
New Poster (4)

No need to ring, you can fill out the online customer service form (tried to post URL but was restricted from doing so). Fill in all your details requesting pre allocated seats explaining that your loved one has autism. Response back as have just received. Hope this helps anyone querying this.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have enabled our medical seating policy which will allow you to select your seats for free. I have booked you in the 2x2 formation you've asked, xxx, xxx, xxx & xxx on all of the flights and you can view and change these online via Manage My Booking. The booking is updated with X's condition and you will be eligible for priority boarding to get on the plane before the bulk of the passengers board. There is a hidden disability lanyard service available to you at London Gatwick and you can find out more about this here . There is the following information on Glasgow airport's website about hidden disabilities:
davidfrankland is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
lincolnhan
Proud to wear my Ears

This thread has been amazingly helpful. Having struggled the last 6 years on flights with my son who is autistic, I never know all this assistance existed. I have contacted both Virgin and BA who we have upcoming flights with and they've been incredible.

Thank you for posting!
Hoping for Trip 4: 4 weeks Grand Tour - LA, Vegas, Florida & NY (2021)
lincolnhan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 18, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by davidfrankland View Post
No need to ring, you can fill out the online customer service form (tried to post URL but was restricted from doing so). Fill in all your details requesting pre allocated seats explaining that your loved one has autism. Response back as have just received. Hope this helps anyone querying this.

Thank you for writing to us.

I have enabled our medical seating policy which will allow you to select your seats for free. I have booked you in the 2x2 formation you've asked, xxx, xxx, xxx & xxx on all of the flights and you can view and change these online via Manage My Booking. The booking is updated with X's condition and you will be eligible for priority boarding to get on the plane before the bulk of the passengers board. There is a hidden disability lanyard service available to you at London Gatwick and you can find out more about this here . There is the following information on Glasgow airport's website about hidden disabilities:
Who are you booked withTui are not very helpful
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Booked fly drive with BA, 2017 they were great free seat allocation etc, booked again for Oct 2019, phoned them to inform of son with ADHD, Sensory processing disorder and Autism, only to be told we cant have free seat allocation as its too far away and to inform check in staff when we arrive and we will be given assistance through the airport, looked online and beside sons name, it says developmental delay, this doesn't even cover it, so disappointed
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Slowpoke
Earning More Ears

Mobile

I am not sure they are correct. Call back and talk to another agent.
Slowpoke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Mobile

I was told recently by BA and Virgin that they will no longer give the whole party free seats but only the passenger plus one carer

2016 - Orlando - Town Center Villa
2017 - Rotonda West, Gulf Coast
2017 Nov - New York
2018 - Bradenton, Gulf Coast
2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Contacted BA through an online form, within 30mins got a reply back apologising, and saying seat allocation is now open for us, assistance and to contact them via that email if need any further assistance on any other flights,
ducati211 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Slowpoke
Earning More Ears

great news
Slowpoke is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
babywebb
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by ducati211 View Post
Contacted BA through an online form, within 30mins got a reply back apologising, and saying seat allocation is now open for us, assistance and to contact them via that email if need any further assistance on any other flights,
Do you know what online form to use ,I’ve tried clicking under travelling with disabilities but it just goes to a long list of questions and answers x
Old 17 Dec 18, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
ducati211
Trainee Dibber

Hi sorry to be honest was a bit of pot luck, clicking on different links, think eventually it was just a general contact us form, it asked for all my booking information, flight number etc, then when pressed submit asked me again if I wanted to send it..

sorry couldn't help more