Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 14 Apr 18, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
whlparkstone
Imagineer

Mobile Sunday dinner ideas

Just being nosey really...what’s everyone having for their main meal tomorrow.

Am thinking lamb shanks or a gammon joint...but I am sure I will be inspired by this thread
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
anna68
VIP Dibber

anna68's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Tomorrow we are having pulled pork. Shoulder of pork in slow cooker for 6 hours. We serve with either chips and corn on cob or tomorrow we do it like roast with veg and potatoes. Yummy and cheap and easy.
anna68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
I'm doing this for the first time Garlic & herb roast lamb on boulangère potatoes. I had it for lunch at a college restaurant a few back, it was amazing.

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

Using up the last of the wild venison done with juniper berrys. Withna red wine and onion gravy and the last of the over wintered root veg from the allotment roasted with garlic
Gryff is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:19 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

Not sure what we'll be having tomorrow but last Sunday I bought a half leg of lamb that I put in the slow cooker with beef stock, sliced onion and dried rosemary. After 8 hours on low it just fell off the bone. I added some gravy granules and mint sauce to the stock and thickened it up slightly then added the meat back. I did mash and roast potatoes with green beans. My god it was so good! I'm never going to shift this winter weight constantly eating comfort food

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Tomorrow instead of a joint we’re having pork loin chops with mashed potatoes, pigs in blankets, sprouts, broccoli, carrot & swede, yorshire puddings & pork & sage gravy

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We have been to Tenerife for the last week on a lovely holiday so looking forward to our Sunday roast. So we are having chicken with homemade sage, onion and garlic stuffing, roast potatoes, carrots, savoy cabbage, roasted parsnips, yorkshire pudding and homemade gravy.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie18
Imagineer

Today we are having a gammon joint with mash potatoes/ mashed carrots. Sweetcorn, cabbage, peas and pineapple.

I am thinking for next Sunday homemade Toad in the Hole with all the trimmings.
Minnie18 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

Mobile

We had lasagne with Caesar salad.

Our 2015 Food Trip Report http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=891973
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
No roast for us today - we're trying to be healthier so had what we call "Jumbalaya" - mushroom rice with chicken breast, prawns and peas lighty stir-fried 😀
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List