Notices
Social Groups Social Chatty type threads

Old 16 Apr 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Matched betting fail!

Well, I completely failed at the first hurdle!

I've seen multiple references to matched betting on The Dibb and decided to give it a go via Yesbets, as this seemed like the 'foolproof' option.

I followed every instruction to the letter but didn't get my introductory free bets from Coral after placing my first £5 bet.

I scoured the terms and conditions on Coral's help pages and re-watched all the Yesbets tutorials, but I cannot figure out where I went wrong.
I chose my first bet from the list of options generated by Yesbets and double-checked that it met all the requirements listed in the Coral T&Cs (£5, single, odds greater than 1/2)
I signed up via the 'click here for £20 free bets' link on the Coral homepage, so I don't think I was misdirected.

My only suspicion is this: Coral wouldn't allow me to open an account with less than £10 in it, but Yesbets said I should be able to open an account with just £5. The free bet T&Cs state that my first bet should be £5, which it was...surely it doesn't matter how money I had in my account when I placed that bet? The website wouldn't allow me to sign up with just £5 anyway... I probably should have stopped there!

Or maybe I didn't get my free bets because I used Paypal and not my debit card? The payment method wasn't mentioned anywhere on Yesbets but I'm running out of guesses here!

I feel so stupid I could cry. I definitely won't be telling my partner. I've been considering matched betting as a way to raise holiday money for ages, as money is VERY tight, but I found the prospect really scary. I finally plucked up the courage to try and I failed utterly The video tutorials made it look so easy, but I suppose if it seems too good to be true, it probably is!

Hopefully I haven't lost any money- I've just lost out on the free bets that you need to really kickstart the matched betting process. I've immediately withdrawn the money remaining in my Betfair account, as I needed to deposit £50 there in order to begin, and will close my Yesbets, Betfair and Coral accounts as soon as the bet I placed is completed.

Someone please reassure me that I'm not a complete idiot
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

you made your £5 bet and didnt get credited with the £20 free bets (your get x4 £5 'free' bets)

has the £5 bet been settled ? ie did you win/lose
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
you made your £5 bet and didnt get credited with the £20 free bets (your get x4 £5 'free' bets)

has the £5 bet been settled ? ie did you win/lose
The bet has not been settled but according to Yesbets the 4 free £5 bet tokens are meant to appear in your account as soon as you place your first £5 bet.

I've emailed Yesbets and they advised me to contact Coral via live chat- I can't find a live chat option on their website so I've emailed them as well. If they credit me with the free bets then I might give it another go but I get so stressed out when things don't work the way they're supposed to!
StorybookCircus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
It’s likely because you used Paypal

If you read most offers they say they don’t apply if you use Paypal /neteller / skrill etc

Also some won’t credit free bets for upto 48 hrs .

It’s not a case of if it’s too good to be true etc it does work but you have to do everything correct .

Edited at 09:24 AM.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

Originally Posted by StorybookCircus View Post
The bet has not been settled but according to Yesbets the 4 free £5 bet tokens are meant to appear in your account as soon as you place your first £5 bet.

I've emailed Yesbets and they advised me to contact Coral via live chat- I can't find a live chat option on their website so I've emailed them as well. If they credit me with the free bets then I might give it another go but I get so stressed out when things don't work the way they're supposed to!
im pretty sure you have to wait till the first qualifying bet is settled before you get the "free" bets

when is the game/race you bet on ? i'd wait till this has occurred then check again
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by novocastrian View Post
im pretty sure you have to wait till the first qualifying bet is settled before you get the "free" bets

when is the game/race you bet on ? i'd wait till this has occurred then check again
Yes you do usually have to wait for it to be settled .

I did a opening offer at the weekend with netbets and it’s a 48hr wait for the free bets .

It’s also been the busiest weekend of the year for bookies , I’ve noticed some of mine were slow to update wins / credit free bets
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Is there a forum on yesbets? There is on the one I used and the members there were very helpful when something went a bit wrong for me and told me how to fix it.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:45 AM  
Link to this Post
StorybookCircus
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
It’s likely because you used Paypal

If you read most offers they say they don’t apply if you use Paypal /neteller / skrill etc

Also some won’t credit free bets for upto 48 hrs .

It’s not a case of if it’s too good to be true etc it does work but you have to do everything correct .
I know it’s my responsibility but I would liked Yesbets to specify that I needed to use my card
Old 16 Apr 18, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I've just looked at the promotion's terms and conditions on the Coral website and it says that you can't use PayPal.
Although it's a players responsibility to check T&Cs, I do think that YesBets should point this out if they're meant to be guiding new users through the process, especially when people are paying for a service that's meant to guide you and make it easy. It would have been very easy for them to include this basic information. After all, if people have success and feel confident in the advice and service they're receiving, then they're more likely to subscribe for longer.

Op, matched betting isn't too good to be true, but it can be a bit nerve wrecking to start with as it all seems like a foreign language. Try not to let this scare you off as there is money to be made.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Apr 18, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
butterflymags
Excited about Disney

Op, You shouldn't give up and certainly shouldn't feel stupid.

I failed with Coral last year too, and that was my first sign up. I signed up on Grand National day and it stated in the terms that the offer didn't apply on Grand National day. It's a silly oversight that you will learn from and if you've done it all correct you shoud only be about 50p out of pocket.
It certainly is not too good to be true - £7k in 12months for me - so dust yourself off and try again.