Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 15 May 18, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
martek
Proud to wear my Ears

Las Vegas Wedding

Hi Guy's

For our September trip.

I'm trying to surprise my other half by sorting our wedding without her knowing.

Is there anywhere that we can get the marriage licence and ceremony all at the same time.

So it can be a real surprise?

Regards David.
martek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

You can buy the licence on the day if you want ... I believe you can have the ceremony there and then but the office is tatty and basic. If my fiancé thought we were getting married there, he'd soon discover ... we weren't !

The licence office is in the same area as the chapels so you could go get the licence and go straight to a prebooked ceremony but most women would probably want an appropriate dress, nice hair and make up etc so maybe take her to get the licence with the ceremony already booked for the next day or day after ?
We were originally getting married in Vegas and I had a day looking at different chapels ... some are awful ! I'd recommend the Little Chapel of Flowers, it's lovely.

Edited at 11:50 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
antheve
Helping Minnie

Agree with Duchy. We got married in vegas in 2016. We got our licence the first day and got married at the top of the stratosphere the next day. The licence office is just that. An office with three or four windows like a bank. Don't think your wife to be would be to happy with that.
I also agree that if you are using a chapel, the little chapel of flowers looked the best to me, as we had a nose about most of them whilst in vegas.
antheve is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 18, 04:22 PM  
Link to this Post

we got the license and you both have to be present on one of the first few days, then got married at " viva las vegas ", it was cool as hell, we had the " blue Hawaiian " and i had 2 hula girls walk me down the isle with coconut shells places in the right places

the best bit is, the mother in law has our wedding picture on display but has cut out elvis on the side of us, but you can still see his hand always makes me laugh
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 18, 12:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

My DD got married at The little Chapel of Flowers. The organised everything, service, car, flowers, photographer etc. Can't fault them.
Old 24 May 18, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
KristyA
Excited about Disney

We used Chapel of the Flowers 2 years ago and highly recommend them. Really easy to book online and the photos they took were amazing.
KristyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

We got married at the Little white chapel and it was so nice , lots of lovely flowers everywhere .
I wouldn’t want to marry in the licence office, it’s like a post office
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 18, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
cheekydeeky
VIP Dibber

We got married in Chapel of the Flowers in September 2016. Amazing from start to finish. Not sure if it’s something you’d want but they can do a live stream of the wedding for those back home. They organised a limo to take us to get our licence then we visited the chapel to meet our wedding planner (the day before) then took us back to the hotel.

Super, professional staff.
cheekydeeky is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List