Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 29 Jun 18, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love you and Mia’s matching hoodies, a nice idea. I am big fan of Premier Inn food, always makes for a good start to the trip. The last few trips we’ve stayed at Holiday Inn instead of PI (more convenient flying from Glasgow) and I have missed the meal deal!

I am desperate to go back to Cape May but we’re staying at Beach Club next year so I’m saving it for then. It’s taking some restraint I’ll tell you!

We have only done Crystal Palace for breakfast but the lunch spread looks nice. I am a terrible person and always feel smug when I see someone being turned away because they don’t have an ADR, although that was us on our first trip.

I wonder if Mia was maybe dehydrated?! I often get stomach cramps/queasiness as I’m adjusting to the Florida weather and after a few years I’ve put it down to this. I do know she was poorly before coming away though.

A nice idea to eat at Beaches & Cream on your first night so you didn’t have to venture far. I do love those onion rings. I am a bit of a B&C critic, they are QS quality burgers. We will (and do) return because I love the theming but they really could do so much better. It was nice of them not to charge for Mia’s ‘meal’.

I really like Restaurantosaurus, nice to see they catered for Mia too. I was a little worried you might struggle with options to suit her, I know they cater well for veggies but a lot of those things won’t be appealing to a little girl.

I do love a chippy so I am hoping I can try Cookes soon. It looks more authentic than the QS in World Showcase.

That raspberry cream cheese puff sounds delicious, I’ll definitely be looking out for that.

The food at Typhoon Lagoon looks really nice, especially Mia’s fish and chips. What a drama to get it though, I can see why you were frustrated.

I’m sad you didn’t enjoy Hollywood & Vine, it’s my favourite buffet. I love the outfit Mia wore there, I’d totally wear that. Will Mia eat fried shrimp/scampi?

Don’t write scallops off, the first time I tried them was at Food & Wine and I wasn’t a big fan. I tried them again in a real restaurant later and when they are seared properly they are delicious and not so rubbery. I really like Mia’s outfit again this day.

I cannot believe they expected you to return the lost credit card to Guest Relations and didn’t even acknowledge what a great thing Finn had done.

I am chuckling away to myself about your ‘nacho’ allergy. The burgers at ESPN look much better than Beaches & Cream. We’ll definitely be eating there again when we’re at BC next year.

Oh Mia, how can you not love tater tots?! They are the food of the Gods.

The create-your-own salad sounds nice, I like how liberal they are with the dressing in the States. The trifle looks nice too.

The food in France looks lovely. The croissant earlier in the trip looks delicious too, I am hoping to pop in for breakfast this year but if I don’t drag myself out of bed early enough I’ll definitely be there next year when we’re close by.

I’m sad Rose & Crown didn’t wow you, we had a great meal there last year after avoiding it several trips. It was the first time I’d eaten fish and chips all trip and it’s my favourite thing so I was looking forward to it, obviously you and Mia had lots of other dishes to compare it to.

Well done to you and Mia for doing RnRC! It’s my mission to conquer it this year.

If you ever have any problems in future with meals running late and missing FPs let you your server know, they can get their manager to sort something out for you so you don’t have to miss out. Such a shame that Rainforest Café upset so many of your plans. Glad you were able to get another booking for The Boathouse. I really like the burgers at Rainforest and T-Rex so good to see the boys stuck to those. It’s a shame Mia didn’t enjoy her fish as it looks nice, I love batter so those goujon type pieces look right up my street.

What a horrible experience at The Boathouse, such a shame when you were looking forward to it so much. Your and Mia’s dishes sounded delicious, I am so mad for you that they were cold and you couldn’t enjoy them. I am glad the manager was as helpful as he could be, I don’t think your experience was even worth the 4 TS credits you paid but I suppose you’re on holiday, you’re not there to argue about things. Interesting that David felt it was pretentious, our server there was very good but I did feel he thought he was above us somehow. I’m trying to think of somewhere special you could try next year but I want somewhere that will accommodate Mia too, have you considered Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club? They have fish and chips on the lunch menu and I like to think they’d whip some up for Mia at dinner time.

What a shame about The Plaza, maybe try for lunch next time? Cosmic Ray’s is a good substitute, I do love that rotisserie chicken. My mind was blown the first time I realised you could take food out from the QS restaurants!

High five to you as a fellow butter lover! I get myself in a right tizz when they don’t give you enough. In the past I’ve even taken my own butter with me to Spud u Like haha.

You will love Riverside, it is gorgeous, gorgeous resort. The grounds in the mansions section look like you are in a Deluxe resort. The food court is fabulous! Hopefully Mia will be a little more adventurous by the time you return, I can’t believe she doesn’t even like pizza, bless her little heart.

I want to weigh in on the getting ‘best value’ out of the DDP argument, we all have to do what works best for us. We now use snack credits on even low value items, and I actually think there’s nothing wrong with using a QS credit as three snacks, especially at breakfast. We never an abundance of credits leftover or have to drag home tons of snacks (I wouldn’t have room for this anyway!). It was good to see you found a system that suited you guys. I think you’d go crazy if you were constantly working out what was the best way to do things.

I am sorry for the uber long comment, I’ve only just managed to read everything. Thank you so much for sharing your report with us, I really like that it was a mini trip report as well as a food one. Happy planning for next time!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thank you for a very enjoyable report, lots of great info on what good and what’s no so good.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 18, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I love you and Mia’s matching hoodies, a nice idea. I am big fan of Premier Inn food, always makes for a good start to the trip. The last few trips we’ve stayed at Holiday Inn instead of PI (more convenient flying from Glasgow) and I have missed the meal deal!

It was really yummy the food, which we really weren't expecting so will defo do this again

I am desperate to go back to Cape May but we’re staying at Beach Club next year so I’m saving it for then. It’s taking some restraint I’ll tell you!

You'll absolutely love it, honestly its so nice, cant wait to go again, was truly great and service fab

We have only done Crystal Palace for breakfast but the lunch spread looks nice. I am a terrible person and always feel smug when I see someone being turned away because they don’t have an ADR, although that was us on our first trip.

I know what you mean as I did chuckle as they were sent away and we walked in, but Florida is not a turn up and see holiday like spain is, you need to have some things booked in

I wonder if Mia was maybe dehydrated?! I often get stomach cramps/queasiness as I’m adjusting to the Florida weather and after a few years I’ve put it down to this. I do know she was poorly before coming away though.

Yeah she totally could have been and it really wasn't great for the first few days for her poor kid, so glad she perked up, otherwise id have taken her to the docs over there

A nice idea to eat at Beaches & Cream on your first night so you didn’t have to venture far. I do love those onion rings. I am a bit of a B&C critic, they are QS quality burgers. We will (and do) return because I love the theming but they really could do so much better. It was nice of them not to charge for Mia’s ‘meal’.

Yeah burgers have just gone down hill since we were last there but great they didn't charge for Mia's food, so brucie bonus there

I really like Restaurantosaurus, nice to see they catered for Mia too. I was a little worried you might struggle with options to suit her, I know they cater well for veggies but a lot of those things won’t be appealing to a little girl.

God forbid she ate a veggie burger lol

I do love a chippy so I am hoping I can try Cookes soon. It looks more authentic than the QS in World Showcase.

Yeah really yummy, they don't have the chips right but the fish was really nice indeed

That raspberry cream cheese puff sounds delicious, I’ll definitely be looking out for that.

The food at Typhoon Lagoon looks really nice, especially Mia’s fish and chips. What a drama to get it though, I can see why you were frustrated.

Don't even go there

I’m sad you didn’t enjoy Hollywood & Vine, it’s my favourite buffet. I love the outfit Mia wore there, I’d totally wear that. Will Mia eat fried shrimp/scampi?

Aww thanks, she does love her clothes and no she wont eat shrimp, I made her try crab a few weeks ago and she was very over dramatic over not liking it

Don’t write scallops off, the first time I tried them was at Food & Wine and I wasn’t a big fan. I tried them again in a real restaurant later and when they are seared properly they are delicious and not so rubbery. I really like Mia’s outfit again this day.

Thanks i'll do that

I cannot believe they expected you to return the lost credit card to Guest Relations and didn’t even acknowledge what a great thing Finn had done.

Yeah not impressed, I honestly thought they would have given him a sticker

I am chuckling away to myself about your ‘nacho’ allergy. The burgers at ESPN look much better than Beaches & Cream. We’ll definitely be eating there again when we’re at BC next year.

We were crying laughing, we were all chuckling about this the other day, it was just hilarious

Oh Mia, how can you not love tater tots?! They are the food of the Gods.

Because she's a blooming nightmare, that's why

The create-your-own salad sounds nice, I like how liberal they are with the dressing in the States. The trifle looks nice too.

Really loved it and dressing was fab, trifle was sooooo nice

The food in France looks lovely. The croissant earlier in the trip looks delicious too, I am hoping to pop in for breakfast this year but if I don’t drag myself out of bed early enough I’ll definitely be there next year when we’re close by.

Being so close was amazing, its literally a 3 min walk, we just couldn't believe it. You'll love it

I’m sad Rose & Crown didn’t wow you, we had a great meal there last year after avoiding it several trips. It was the first time I’d eaten fish and chips all trip and it’s my favourite thing so I was looking forward to it, obviously you and Mia had lots of other dishes to compare it to.

Yeah it was a real shame, there is defo better options

Well done to you and Mia for doing RnRC! It’s my mission to conquer it this year.

Im still in shock at how brave she was

If you ever have any problems in future with meals running late and missing FPs let you your server know, they can get their manager to sort something out for you so you don’t have to miss out. Such a shame that Rainforest Café upset so many of your plans. Glad you were able to get another booking for The Boathouse. I really like the burgers at Rainforest and T-Rex so good to see the boys stuck to those. It’s a shame Mia didn’t enjoy her fish as it looks nice, I love batter so those goujon type pieces look right up my street.

Thanks i'll do that next time if we have issues again

What a horrible experience at The Boathouse, such a shame when you were looking forward to it so much. Your and Mia’s dishes sounded delicious, I am so mad for you that they were cold and you couldn’t enjoy them. I am glad the manager was as helpful as he could be, I don’t think your experience was even worth the 4 TS credits you paid but I suppose you’re on holiday, you’re not there to argue about things. Interesting that David felt it was pretentious, our server there was very good but I did feel he thought he was above us somehow. I’m trying to think of somewhere special you could try next year but I want somewhere that will accommodate Mia too, have you considered Ale & Compass at the Yacht Club? They have fish and chips on the lunch menu and I like to think they’d whip some up for Mia at dinner time.

Thanks for the suggestion for Ale and Compass, think we'll try that. If we had have been earlier in our holiday, we wouldn't have paid for anything but as we were almost at the end, it wasn't worth a fight

What a shame about The Plaza, maybe try for lunch next time? Cosmic Ray’s is a good substitute, I do love that rotisserie chicken. My mind was blown the first time I realised you could take food out from the QS restaurants!

We've decided we're gonna book in much earlier say 5pm so we can account for a long wait and it not affect our night and I know I felt like I was being really naughty carrying the food trays out of cosmic rays

High five to you as a fellow butter lover! I get myself in a right tizz when they don’t give you enough. In the past I’ve even taken my own butter with me to Spud u Like haha.

That's hilarious but you've got to have lots of butter for these things

You will love Riverside, it is gorgeous, gorgeous resort. The grounds in the mansions section look like you are in a Deluxe resort. The food court is fabulous! Hopefully Mia will be a little more adventurous by the time you return, I can’t believe she doesn’t even like pizza, bless her little heart.

we've told her she needs to try more things before next year as its a nightmare. Cant wait to stay at Riverside, it does look lovely. Is there a section you would recommend we ask for, we're staying in a standard room

I want to weigh in on the getting ‘best value’ out of the DDP argument, we all have to do what works best for us. We now use snack credits on even low value items, and I actually think there’s nothing wrong with using a QS credit as three snacks, especially at breakfast. We never an abundance of credits leftover or have to drag home tons of snacks (I wouldn’t have room for this anyway!). It was good to see you found a system that suited you guys. I think you’d go crazy if you were constantly working out what was the best way to do things.

Defo doing the same next year as the snacks left over were far too many so just gonna use on drinks and low value snacks to use them up,

I am sorry for the uber long comment, I’ve only just managed to read everything. Thank you so much for sharing your report with us, I really like that it was a mini trip report as well as a food one. Happy planning for next time!
Thanks for the long reply, it means a lot and sorry its taken so long to reply, I haven't been on dibb for a good few weeks, ive added comments into yours see above
Old 4 Aug 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
BirdsluvDisney
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you for a brilliant trip report
Old 6 Aug 18, 12:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Sweets
like a dog with a bone

I've just finished reading your report. Thank you for sharing - its great and given me so many ideas for my own trip.

Port Orleans Riverside ~ Oct 2012
Hard Rock Hotel (no Disney!) ~ Aug 2016
New York, Sheraton NY Times Square ~ Feb 2017
Santorini, Dana Villas ~ Aug 2017
Yacht Club ~ Sept 2018
Caribbean Cruise, P&O ~ Mar 2019
Caribbean Beach Resort ~ May 2022 & May 2023
Drury Plaza (first adults only trip!) ~ Aug 2024

Sweets is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Great report, absolutely loved it so thanks for taking the time. It’s nice to see faces on the report as well as I love the food pics but if no faces I always wonder what the person who is eating it looks like, I’m probably just nosey!
Consider Vista cay for your offsite trip as they are fab condos and good location. Enjoy planning.
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Sweets View Post
I've just finished reading your report. Thank you for sharing - its great and given me so many ideas for my own trip.
Aww thanks and yeah I love reading trip reports as there's always food I hadn't thought of so thanks for reading x
Old 9 Aug 18, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
slaleyhall
VIP Dibber

slaleyhall's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Great report, absolutely loved it so thanks for taking the time. It’s nice to see faces on the report as well as I love the food pics but if no faces I always wonder what the person who is eating it looks like, I’m probably just nosey!
Consider Vista cay for your offsite trip as they are fab condos and good location. Enjoy planning.
Ha ha I'm super nosey too so I like to see pics too. Thanks for the tip my parents have stayed there before and loved it. We've booked solterra resort last week, it looks amazing and the customer service I've had so far has been outstanding. Kids can't wait to stay there, the lazy river looks fab. Thanks for reading x