Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 12 Jun 18, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

New Japanese Law **UPDATE**

[/B]Has anyone else been affected by this?

google/amp/s/mashabl...-japan-law.amp

I have had no luck with booking accommodation for our upcoming trip. The first house I booked through booking.com and the host cancelled out of the blue and so I booked a new accommodation through Airbnb and now that is hanging in the balance.

My brother booked the second week accommodation for us all and he has had an email confirming that his booking is ok. (Booked through Airbnb also)

I’ve had nothing from Airbnb at all and would have known nothing if my brother had not mentioned it. Booking is still showing as confirmed on Airbnb currently but I’ve contacted the host to ask for confirmation that all is ok. I really hope it is as to start again at this stage.. 😩😩😩
Plus I will want my money back from the booking...

Long post for no other reason than to vent and to give others a heads up! 👍🏻

UPDATE

I messaged AirBnb yesterday as we are getting closer to departure and still had no confirmation from them that all was well with our booking. Our host had actually messaged early in the week and said his registration had all gone through ok but if Airbnb were to cancel we could still turn up and pay him cash ( Erm... don’t think so).

Anyway Airbnb replied and said that everything is ok and not to worry. 24 hours later I receive this message from Airbnb:

Less than half an hour after that I received this message:

I hadn’t even had chance to reply to the first message as I’d left my phone in the car as we were at the beach.

I did eventually message them and they got back to me and said that the host has confirmed he is registered.

Should I be worried? They did try ringing me but I missed the phone call. It was two different agents that sent the messages. I guess I could ring them back tomorrow. I really want everything to be ok as I really like the look of the house and the location is perfect for Disney and it would be such a big hassle. Obviously not as big hassle as turning up in Tokyo without anywhere to stay! 😩

Edited at 09:57 PM. Reason: Update
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dancin
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Has anyone else been affected by this?

google/amp/s/mashabl...-japan-law.amp

I have had no luck with booking accommodation for our upcoming trip. The first house I booked through booking.com and the host cancelled out of the blue and so I booked a new accommodation through Airbnb and now that is hanging in the balance.

My brother booked the second week accommodation for us all and he has had an email confirming that his booking is ok. (Booked through Airbnb also)

I’ve had nothing from Airbnb at all and would have known nothing if my brother had not mentioned it. Booking is still showing as confirmed on Airbnb currently but I’ve contacted the host to ask for confirmation that all is ok. I really hope it is as to start again at this stage.. 😩😩😩
Plus I will want my money back from the booking...

Long post for no other reason than to vent and to give others a heads up! 👍🏻
Sorry to hear that maybe this might help - tdrexplorer/airbnb-japan...cancellations/
Old 13 Jun 18, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dancin View Post
Sorry to hear that maybe this might help - tdrexplorer/airbnb-japan...cancellations/
Thank you
Rac20 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

I have spoken with Airbnb and then they sent me this message:

They say the earliest they can help is the 15th July.

That is really late but I don’t trust myself to book another property. I have never before had such problems when booking accommodation and I have done several diy trips for a whole range of countries.

Airbnb said they would find us a property if this one turns out not to be registered. Would you just wait?
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I have spoken with Airbnb and then they sent me this message:

They say the earliest they can help is the 15th July.

That is really late but I don’t trust myself to book another property. I have never before had such problems when booking accommodation and I have done several diy trips for a whole range of countries.

Airbnb said they would find us a property if this one turns out not to be registered. Would you just wait?
What is the cancellation policy on your current booking? If it is 100% refund, you could look to see if something suitable and guaranteed is available. I had 100% refunded when I had to cancel a booking, the host was very understanding and refunded me in full immediately.

But if nothing suitable is available or you want to wait, Airbnb are saying they will help find suitable alternative and, from the info I read, fully refund you and give a voucher towards a further booking which may work out more affordable than finding your own alternative at this late stage.

Hope it all works out well for you and you have a great trip
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 18, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
What is the cancellation policy on your current booking? If it is 100% refund, you could look to see if something suitable and guaranteed is available. I had 100% refunded when I had to cancel a booking, the host was very understanding and refunded me in full immediately.

But if nothing suitable is available or you want to wait, Airbnb are saying they will help find suitable alternative and, from the info I read, fully refund you and give a voucher towards a further booking which may work out more affordable than finding your own alternative at this late stage.

Hope it all works out well for you and you have a great trip
I’m very tempted to wait and see what happens. I can’t face looking for another one. At this stage I am more than happy for Airbnb to find us another.
Old 13 Jun 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m very tempted to wait and see what happens. I can’t face looking for another one. At this stage I am more than happy for Airbnb to find us another.
I think I would do the same. Hopefully your original booking will be fine anyway, or possibly Airbnb will find you something just as good and give you some refund or compensation too 😀.
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 01:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Tourmaline
Gone all Goofy

When is your booking i have one in july i contacted host several times i would send them a message to see if they have applied for licence the licencing board had over 3000 applications. it is taking time if they have applied they can call and see whats happening mine notified me to say they received the licence today .Air b&b will refund your booking in full and give a voucher equal to amount of booking originally made if you cancel only problem is a lot of listing are much higher so i am glad mine got licence as i couldnt find one as nice for money i would have received.I would contact them to see if they submitted application Air b told me if they hadnt got licence they would cancel my booking 10 days before .i was going to cancel this week if i hadnt heard anything and get a hotel.
Tourmaline is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jun 18, 05:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tourmaline View Post
When is your booking i have one in july i contacted host several times i would send them a message to see if they have applied for licence the licencing board had over 3000 applications. it is taking time if they have applied they can call and see whats happening mine notified me to say they received the licence today .Air b&b will refund your booking in full and give a voucher equal to amount of booking originally made if you cancel only problem is a lot of listing are much higher so i am glad mine got licence as i couldnt find one as nice for money i would have received.I would contact them to see if they submitted application Air b told me if they hadnt got licence they would cancel my booking 10 days before .i was going to cancel this week if i hadnt heard anything and get a hotel.
Good news about your booking.
Unfortunately it is not looking positive for us. Our host has not replied to my message so it is looking doubtful that they have put an application in.
Old 19 Jun 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

I really hope you get this sorted soon. This is all you need so close to your trip
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List