Notices
Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Theme Parks Shanghai, Tokyo and Hong Kong Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 28 Jun 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Thank you VA air miles - Tokyo here I come!

Now I am pleased that this group will understand how giddy and chuffed I am with myself – and will perhaps no judge me as harshly as “normal folk” in my Facebook life who might think am just bragging, which to a degree I am – but I am going to Tokyo Disney next May!

Fly out of Heathrow Tuesday 14th May to Tokyo Haneda , fly home Thursday 24th May – get into Heathrow the next day.

I had just over 240,000 Virgin Airmiles, and through points redemption with All Nippon airways (ANA) we have the following tickets:
Partner – has First Class Seat in both directions.
Me - *currently* I have Business out and Economy home.

The reward seats have only just started to appear so have put my partner in the First currently, and I hope to join him as further reward seats become available.
Why he got First rather than me?

Well I am a fussy eater and teetotal, the food in there is very…… posh and I might have to ask for an economy meal if I get in there, but he will enjoy the food and wine – so makes sense for him to have them now.
Do not get me wrong, I hope to upgrade to First and join him and have 11 months to do that, but this is things as they stand today.

If we both have First Class return tickets, they would normally costs between £40,000 - £48,000 for the pair, but using points and paying only taxes / fees – will cost me circa £700 all in.
Who says you cannot use Virgin Airmiles for anything good!

Hotels are not booked yet but we have ages to sort, NOT staying in a Disney hotel as that is just too much, but a partner Sheraton / Hilton is quite possible.
Want to do 2 days at Disney, and the rest of the time is for Tokyo itself.
A ride on a bullet train we want to do, but want to explore Tokyo itself.

Wanted to say a huge thank you to folks here – your trip reports have been a huge inspiration, you have answered my questions to date when asked, but there will be sooooooooooooo many more to come

If anyone has any interest I can type a report of how I got them, the sites / tools that worked for me.

It took some effort, but not as much as I feared, but the stress can be a killer when you see the seats are available and THEN call Virgin for them to claim them on your behalf !
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

That's great! We're planning Japan for 2021 and had no idea that we might be able to use our Virgin airmiles towards flights. Any information you can provide would really help

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Happy to. might be a few days before can type it up, but you have time

Plus if you have 240,000 air miles at about 11 months before you travel, then you too might be able to chase 2 First class tickets.
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Rae21
Excited about Disney

Wow that sounds amazing! Wish I had that many airmiles... think I’ve got about 50,000 lol
I’m looking to go in April (around the Easter hols as DS is in college so stuck to going not in term time). Any tips you can provide will be much appreciated 😄
Rae21 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by AntonyJ View Post
Happy to. might be a few days before can type it up, but you have time

Plus if you have 240,000 air miles at about 11 months before you travel, then you too might be able to chase 2 First class tickets.
Thank you. We'll be buying 4 tickets, so looking at EC or maybe PE depending on how many miles we have by then. 1st class would be lovely, but probably for when it's just me and my husband

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31st Oct - 14th Nov 2012
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 2nd - 16th Jan 2014
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 7th - 21st Feb 2015
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 2nd - 15th April 2016
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29th March - 12th April 2017
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21st October - 4th November 2019
Food report - the unexpected Easter QSDP extravagana! April 2017
What do we want? FOOD! When do we want it? NOW! QSDP food report, Oct 2019
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 18, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
happytraveller
Imagineer

Wow! Well done! That sounds fantastic. We are going for 15 nights and we are doing two in Disney staying at the Hilton and probably the rest of the time exploring Tokyo. My itinerary is constantly changing, but I want to savour and enjoy it. There is just so much to do in Tokyo. I've a feeling we'll be back, so we'll take in other places then.
happytraveller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List