Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 22 Jul 18, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

QSDP report with gluten free ~ Aug 2018

Hello,

On Friday 03rd Aug we leave home for Gatwick then onto Orlando.

We are a family of four, 2a and 2c (no photos of us as someone does like to use my name to create fake FB accounts so I won’t be making it easy for them!). Myself, my husband and our two daughters who are 8 and 7 at the moment. Our eldest DD is type1 diabetic and also has coeliac disease. We’ve taken the kids to Orlando three times before, twice with no health issues, once after the type 1 diagnosis and this will be the first trip with coeliac disease.

This will be our first time on the QSDP, we’ve always had the DDP before. We considered upgrading a few times, especially after the coeliac diagnosis but the cost was incredibly high compared to previous years and having had it three times already we didn’t feel it was worth the price. We’re looking forward to not been subjected to ADR times as well!

First up we leave home via train to Gatwick airport where we will stay at Bloc overnight.

Tea at Gatwick could prove to be more of a ‘do they have anything gluten free left’ rather than making a choice in advance.

It often just how it is when eating out. Last time we ate at Giraffe and would happily return if they have GF items for DD. If not it may be the Beehive or even a Dominos takeaway. If all else fails, M&S have some nice GF snacks!

The next morning we fly with Norwegian but not until we’ve tackled breakfast at Gatwick. Based on online research our best chance of GF seems to be the food court.

Then she has a GF meal booked on the flight but obviously we’ll take plenty of food with us!

Tea that evening and meals for the next three days will be at Cabana Bay. I have high hopes here as they even have a GF snack section in the food court!

and then we move to POFQ for three weeks where if nothing else DD can live on GF waffles and beignets for 21 nights!

Edited at 08:59 AM.
ely3857 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Looking forward to reading along and seeing how you get on with just having the qsdp. We like it, but know it's not for everyone. Good luck with the GF element too

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

If you need to ask Disney for an allergy menu you have to bypass the new (ish) mobile ordering system.

Can’t deny we’re a bit gutted about this as we’re massive technology fans and who doesn’t want to bypass a bit of a queue?!

I do know we can still use if for a DoleWhip though!

Don’t worry, even though this report will seem a bit GF heavy the other three in the party will be eating from the main menu occasionally. Sometimes we’ll all share the GF items and sometimes we’ll all order different things. Youngest DD especially will be eating all the gluten she can get her hands on! Our house is 100% GF so all her meals at home and her school packed lunch are GF like her sisters. She can’t wait to eat all the gluten she can!

Especially these...

I’ll be joining her for one or two donuts. As sympathetic as I am about the eldests dietary needs I can not pass up a Joffreys pastry!

DD8 will be over the moon with these though...

GF Mickey waffles and bacon with syrup. Her idea of breakfast heaven!
Old 22 Jul 18, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Looking forward to reading your report.

We are staying at POFQ next year so I'm really interested to read about all their food choices.

Happy planning.
Old 22 Jul 18, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Looking forward to reading along and seeing how you get on with just having the qsdp. We like it, but know it's not for everyone. Good luck with the GF element too
Cheers.

We’re looking forward to the QSDP, we always said we’d try it but previously the DDP has been too good to pass up!
Old 22 Jul 18, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Looking forward to reading your report.

We are staying at POFQ next year so I'm really interested to read about all their food choices.

Happy planning.
POFQ has some lovely food, as does POR which is barely a ten min stroll away. DH loves their Philly cheesesteak meal!
Old 22 Jul 18, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Looking forward to following along Jodie. Hope all goes smoothly with the GF options. Not long now!

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 02:53 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

Food wise we keep it simple. Disney burgers, chicken tenders and pizza are right up our street. We will deviate from these but they’ll be an ample supply of those from various QS places.

If we have any TS meals, OOP, then they’ll be at RFC and/or TRex. Kids love them both and we’ve got a Landrys card in anticipation that we will hit up these places once or twice.

Old 22 Jul 18, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
great start, looking forward to the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hurrah, another dining report! Bring it on.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List