Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 13 Aug 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Foxylad
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you all so much, you’ve given me a better plan of our holiday.
Unfortunately my DD does not do line-ins or days off. Wakes around 5am and goes to bed around 9pm. DS gets up later but is also forced to bed around 9.
I was hoping the water park days were going to be shorter, more relaxing days.
Hopefully after the first week. We could change plans if needed while we are in Florida.
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Foxylad View Post
Unfortunately my DD does not do line-ins or days off. Wakes around 5am and goes to bed around 9pm. DS gets up later but is also forced to bed around 9.
Hopefully after the first week. We could change plans if needed while we are in Florida.
That'll change when you're over there with the day to day pounding...

You'll see ...
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Water park days can be more relaxing if you don’t rush around doing all the rides. I spend my days at water parks sitting on a sunbed with the odd trip around the lazy river! 😁

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

There's a big difference with being awake from 5am - 9pm and pounding the parks from 9am - 9pm. They're huge, and it's exhausting, especially in the heat. You'll get an idea the first week, so can hopefully amend your plans for the second week if needed. You still might want to consider changing the fast pasees for your all day plans to after lunch for a couple of reasons:
1. The first few hours at the parks are the quietest, so you can get a lot done without the need for fast passes.
2. If you do decide to spend mornings relaxing and using the pool, your fast pasees are already booked for the afternoon and you don't need to try and change them on the day when availability is more limited.

Try to think of pool time as part of your holiday rather than a waste of time as you're not in a park. We find it invaluable to give us a rest and balance and enjoy the parks more because of it. You'll still have days that are fully occupied, just not by pounding the parks which really does take it's toll on feet and legs.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 18, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Tea
Imagineer

Mobile

You know your family best! They may manage it; bring a buggy.

My only observations are: Sanaa will you get back to the park in time? Possibly
1900 Park Fayre: will you get back to MK in time? Far less likely. You may need to make that earlier
Old 14 Aug 18, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Tea View Post
You know your family best! They may manage it; bring a buggy.

My only observations are: Sanaa will you get back to the park in time? Possibly
1900 Park Fayre: will you get back to MK in time? Far less likely. You may need to make that earlier
I agree that hiring a buggy at a couple of the parks might be worth considering for your 6 year old? I know it sounds like they are too old but when we went a few years ago and our dd was only 6 it did help quite a bit. Especially in universal studios.

To be honest, there were times when I wanted to get into it myself! 😂

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Got to agree with the comments about a buggy for the 6 year old. She will determine the pace of your holiday.
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Foxylad
Getting to know the DIBB

Thank you all, I have changed my fp around for the days after fireworks in the second week.
So we are now doing a few days where we don’t need to be in the parks until lunch time. And one where we don’t have to be there until dinner and then fireworks.
Last time we were at DP I push my DD around all holiday, the heat and the pace that nearly killed me. I got heat stroke and was very ill. This trip I am determined not to be the ‘pack horse’ and take it more steady.
That being said, DS and DD are now tall enough for just about everything. Which will make a difference, DP they weren’t tall enough for most of it. And we ended up just walking around, not doing rides.
Old 14 Aug 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Thank you all, I have changed my fp around for the days after fireworks in the second week.
So we are now doing a few days where we don’t need to be in the parks until lunch time. And one where we don’t have to be there until dinner and then fireworks.
Last time we were at DP I push my DD around all holiday, the heat and the pace that nearly killed me. I got heat stroke and was very ill. This trip I am determined not to be the ‘pack horse’ and take it more steady.
That being said, DS and DD are now tall enough for just about everything. Which will make a difference, DP they weren’t tall enough for most of it. And we ended up just walking around, not doing rides.
That sounds much better

TBH, if the heat and pace at DLP killed you, then WDW is so much bigger and it will be much hotter and more humid too. You'll get a better idea after you've been there a few days, and can always change your plans again if you need to. We very much see out plan as a guide rather than something that is set in stone, and often make changes once we're there based on how we're all feeling.

Have a great holiday

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 18, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mummyroo1
Apprentice Imagineer

My first thought when I read your itinerary was too many Table service meals per day. They take up precious time and the portions are huge. I would remove some and aim to put a couple in on the evening of a couple of your universal days, maybe in a resort. Universal parks are hot and exhausting aswell so I wouldn't imagine you will manage till late evening every one of those days. Book a reservation at your resort, late evening and save yourself some money on food on your universal day.
mummyroo1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List