Notices

Old 28 Aug 18, 03:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 16 - Teppan Edo And Rose and Crown

It was a double table service day at Epcot today.

We started with a return trip to the outlets which was only slightly better at opening time... but at least J managed to pick up a new starter set of pins to trade for 1/2 the price as in the parks.

We then decided to get the bus to Epcot as neither of us fancied driving.

We went to Teppan Edo for lunch - this was one of my choices and the one I had been most looking forward to, then had s panic in the morning that no one would like it. I needn't have worried - we all loved it!

We were sat with an American family with young children who kept themselves to themselves. Our server was earning her ears and was very sweet. It was good to watch some of the other tables having the food cooked in front of them as it prepared us for what was going to happen at our table - reading reviews I had thought we may be in a room on our own but there are 4 tables per room, each sitting 8 or 9 people with up to 2 chefs cooking in the room at any point.

We started with drinks - I went for an non-alcoholic pina colada (it was lunchtime at the start of a long day!) - this was delicious!

The others all had soft drinks. We were then brought out salads which had a soy dressing - these were tasty. While eating these we ordered our mains.

I went for scallops, J went for chicken and steak, L filet mignon and N steak and shrimp.

The noodles and veg got cooked first - all with a little showmanship - and then served up. My scallops were the first things to be cooked so I got to eat them hot with the noodles. Everyone else's food took longer to cook so they had just about finished their noodles by the time they got their meat. We also got a bowl of rice and a couple of dipping sauces (yum yum sauce & a ginger soy sauce).

My scallops were amazing - 6 of the biggest and most tenders scallops I have ever had. And the noodles were really tasty too...

Everyone enjoyed their food - and the cooking show!

Puddings were next! J and I had ginger mousse cake - really light and delicious!

L had vanilla and green tea swirl ice-cream which she thought tasted a little like grass but she seemed to enjoy it!

N went for green tea - which took us all by surprise and which he insisted he really enjoyed!

Eating here was a great experience and the food was delicious- definitely one to remember!

We were desperately trying to get through some of our snack credits throughout the day - we went to Starbucks where I got a very large Strawberry Açai and a blueberry scone. N had a coffee Frappuccino which I think convinced him that frozen coffee isn't for him!

L and J both had frozen cokes.

N also had a cheddar and bacon soup from near Canada. This looked just like cauliflower cheese without the cauliflower and I was drooling - but resisted! He said it was very tasty...

As we were passing China he popped to Joy of Tea and picked up a couple of curry pockets and a beer... He was proud of himself for remembering to take a photo - and claims to have taken the best food photo of the holiday!

Passing through America I had to get one of these - an American Dream. Another one to cross of my must do snack list... this was nice but was quickly hijacked by L!

J also popped to Karamel Kuch to get a caramel filled cookie and some toffee apple flavoured werthers originals!

We had a couple of beers as we wandered round the worlds too... these were both new to us - Casa and Almaza.

After all that we then went to the Rose and Crown for tea - strategically booked for 7:45! We asked for an outside table and were seated neatly straight away... so we warned the kids to eat slowly! Unbelievably the food arrived in record time.. almost before we had ordered it!

Drinks first - I had a fruity cocktail (ended up having 2 of these but hey, makes up for the non-alcoholic one I had earlier!). Always good to get a drink that shines!

N had a Harp lager and thinks it must be over 20 years since he last had one!

To eat I had the Fish and chips - I thought these were fine and definitely better than I have had in some other places in the UK.

N ordered the sausage and mash - he said this was Ok but not great.

L had the shepherds pie - again, Ok but not great.

J went for the chicken tikka masala which he said wasn't as good as the one from Yak & Yeti. It seemed like a homemade curry from 20 years ago!

N ordered a flight of beers next which came with a list of odd suggestions for creating your own mixes...

For puddings N and J ordered Sticky Toffee Pudding which was tasty.

I had a chocolate nougat and caramel bar - it said it was inspired by a famous chocolate bar but I couldn't work out whether it meant a mars bar or a twix! This was OK...

L had the trifle... again this was Ok.

We managed to prolong our stay for the reason we had come here - the fireworks. We had a great view!

Despite the below par food I think we all enjoyed eating here. The venue was hilarious- like a real pub that we have all been to many times - including someone crying into their beer as we walked through to find the toilets. Our server was from Middlesbrough and was lovely, and the view for the fireworks were great - it was like having a private viewing party!

Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 04:26 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 28 Aug 18 4:26 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 28 Aug 18, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Loving reading along

Good old Middlesbrough 👍🏻
Old 28 Aug 18, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Impressed with the snacks around Epcot, I failed miserably to tick off so many I wanted to try!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
mojo.121
Excited about Disney

Glad J got the pins did they do any trading?
Sounds like a great day thanks for sharing.
M.
mojo.121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another good day

Joan
Thanks, Joan - yes it was - we are trying hard to enjoy them now and not think about them coming to an end!

Originally Posted by DisneyPCLI View Post
Loving reading along

Good old Middlesbrough 👍🏻
She was lovely! She said she is here for a year - I was very jealous!

Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Impressed with the snacks around Epcot, I failed miserably to tick off so many I wanted to try!
It did feel a little like force feeding ourselves! I’m gutted to have missed a couple of must do’s in Magic Kingdom but I may actually have made myself ill if I’d tried! Sure I will regret it when I’m back home - it’s a shame you can’t save them all until you are back at work and really craving them!
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by mojo.121 View Post
Glad J got the pins did they do any trading?
Sounds like a great day thanks for sharing.
M.
Yes - he’s been enjoying doing some trading but had managed to get some good ones which he then didn’t want to swap, so needed some more for extra trading! He was a little surprised to see some serious traders at an event at Epcot - he is happy to just come back with something different each day!
Old 28 Aug 18, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Love the American Dream !
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Aug 18, 08:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

I love Epcot!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List