Notices

Old 31 Aug 18, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Dennys
Trying for More Ears

Beware The Snack Police - Day 20 - Tusker House And Rainforest Cafe

Our holiday is coming to an end - but before it does we had one last day at the Animal Kingdom.

J and I made the most of the good weather in the morning by popping down to the pool while the others slept on. We got back mid morning, showered, dressed and left and got to AK just before our fast pass for Flight of passage opened. This ride is really amazing- feel very lucky to have ridden it twice over the holiday...

J had decided to spend the last of his holiday money on a banshee after spotting a young lad in a restaurant with one the other day... so we had to do his adoption ceremony next! It was really him choosing which one he wanted, learning how to operate it and putting up his hand to repeat some words about swearing to look after the banshee and the planet. It was expensive - he bought the stand too so he can put it on his desk at home - but he hadn't seen anything else he really wanted and he loves it - it is spookily realistic when sitting on his shoulder!

Lunch was at Tusker House and we had gone for the Rivers of Light package. We really enjoyed it in here. The food was tasty, service was good and we got good seating for RoL in the evening. Here are some pics of our plates:

Some salad!

Salmon and shrimp curry...

More curry... and the roast potatoes were delicious!

Soup...

And puddings!

The bread pudding was lovely.

Mickey, Donald, Daisy and Goofy cane round to say hello too! I do think this is a bargain meal on the DDP to get characters, a delicious buffet and Rivers of Light seating - would definitely recommend it!

Not surprisingly we weren't very hungry during the afternoon although we did all get a drink at some point.

Tea was at Rainforest Cafe... We had an interesting server here who basically told us what we wanted to eat, disappeared for large amounts of time then would come back and start talking to us when we were trying to eat - luckily she was quite funny so some of it was forgivable but she did start to drive me up the wall by the end of the meal!

Food here was OK but not as good as we remember it being a few years ago when they had a really interesting menu - including good options for puddings. It now seems as though it could be geared towards the DDP and giving you a cheaper meal and the only real option for pudding they try to sell you is the Volcano shared pudding, which must be really cheap to make.

Anyway, the atmosphere in here is good and the food tasted good. I went for the chicken salad sandwich - it sounded delicious on the menu. What I got was some cold toast with lots of chicken sandwich filler like the pots you get from Morrisons! After a very rich lunch it was actually just what I wanted!

J went for a burger - and again ate it all up.

N went for the BBQ burger and said it was really good - a nice chunky burger!

L went for chicken Parmesan- this had 2 huge pieces of chicken in - I'm not sure she even managed to eat 1 of them.

Pudding was, of course, the Volcano - with other options mumbled quietly under the servers breath... we were in a rush by then to get to Rivers of Light, so said yes to getting it in the hope it would be the quickest option! It was OK but nothing special...

We always loved coming here and I don't know whether it was because it came at the end of 3 weeks of great food, or the change in menu, or the server telling us how many thousands of people they serve every day but it didn't feel as special in here as it usually does...

However- it was then on to the Rivers of Light...

We had great seats for this and loved it. It was a very lovely and special end to our time in Florida and we were glad that we had managed to see it - and the weather behaved so it was a lovely clear and warm not.

Travel day tomorrow 😢

Edited at 02:05 PM. Reason: Missing info
Dennys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 01:37 PM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by Dennys - 31 Aug 18 1:37 PM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 18, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another good day

Joan
Old 31 Aug 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Burgers look lush and those king prawns 😍
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Looking forward to going to Tusker House👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

I really enjoyed the ROL package at Tusker House too. I know what you mean about Rainforest Cafe but it is a favourite of the kids. Your food does look really nice in the photos!
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A good last day. Turkey House buffet looks really good, I’m assuming that was a table service meal to get the characters and ROL seats? Shame about the experience at Rainforest Cafe.