Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 1 Sep 18, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Jendita
Excited about Disney

Mobile Feed Me Off site Food Report September 2018

Hi! Currently sat in Bloc Hotel in Gatwick watching pirates of the carribean and digesting our first meal!

Husband and myself are heading to Orlando tomorrow and staying at reunion resort for 2 weeks. We're being joined by my parents and my brother so it's going to be a mixture of group and couple meals.

We've been waiting 469 days for this trip (booked the week we returned last year! ) so as you can imagine I'm super happy it's finally here.

We left home around 1 and arrived at Gatwick via train for 4ish so we could get settled - nothing to do with being dead bored waiting to leave at home 😂

The travel here was OK, we are hauling 3 suitcases and a cabin bag so we did OK wheeling our little convoy about on public transport.

So, onto the foodie bits.

We started off with some drinks in Beehive Spoon at gatwick South before security.

We ordered via the app and had two rounds of the same so you can times the below by two

Now I do love spoons because I can order and not have to deal with queuing at the bar, but it was a bit crazy in there. It felt like I literally had to stake a claim on my husbands chair while he went to the loo as people kept trying to nab it! That and some poor kid was having a job interview for the bar right behind us. I hope he got the job in the end!

Now we were suitably relaxed we headed over to Giraffe for some dinner. Husbands grandparents had nicely gifted us some money for a meal which was lovely of them.

We started off cocktails, mine was pineapple something and husband had Mexican sunrise. We also had nachos to start (which were surprisingly spicy!)

Next up was the main meal. We both chose the Katsu curry ciabatta thing with home style chips. I thought I'd taken a photo but I havent :'( it was really nice though. My shameful secret is that I am someone who loves to' deconstruct' burgers 🙄 Im not really a fan of the bun part so just eat all the filling. It was delicious though and the Katsu mayo or sauce it came with was really nice.

I don't have a photo of the receipt but it came to £48 in total.

So I'm currently nibbling on some wine gums that we bought with us but can't wait to see what food tomorrow brings

Thanks!
Old 1 Sep 18, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Mobile

Looking good so far.

Have never ordered via the app at spoons but it looks nifty.

Have a fab trip!

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Sounds like a great day. Have an amazing trip. x
Old 1 Sep 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Looking forward to this x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 18, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jendita
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MissFortune View Post
Looking good so far.

Have never ordered via the app at spoons but it looks nifty.

Have a fab trip!
It's always fun to get friends and family to donate drinks to your table from where ever they are 😂
Old 2 Sep 18, 06:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Looks like your getting off to a good start! I asked for my burger naked and then comes with all filling and no bun !
Old 2 Sep 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Enjoy your holiday, looking forward to the report
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Jendita
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Woo we're here! I'm currently laying in bed in the villa. It's 3am and I figured I should write this and then try and get back to sleep!

So we woke up yesterday and headed to the virgin clubhouse. Check in was pretty empty and security really fast. This is the first time we've done the earlier flight so was nice to be through security a lot earlier than normal.

This is the clubhouse menu:

I went for the british breakfast and DH went for eggs benedict, with a mango smoothie (so good!)

After that we shared the pastry selection and had a cosmo each naturally!

We boarded super swiftly at 10.50 - everyone just walked straight on and we were soon in the sky. We had an amazing member of staff called Richard who was so nice the entire flight and met a really nice couple who sat behind us on the plane. This was our first time in UC and omg it was amazing.

Compulsory stretched leg shot:

The plane did look a bit tired but the food and service really made up for it. We not started off with tomato and mozzarella carpaccio which was AMAZING.

I then went for the weeping tiger beef salad which was also delicious and filling yet light and DH went for the roast lemon chicken (he said this was really good)

Next, onto desserts! Now I've been dieting and was intending on not eating too much, but it's hard to say no we both had a lemon and some kind of Berry sponge with warm cream. So so good and comforting.

After this there was a cheese course but I sent that to my parents in economy 😂charitable aren't I?

They sent me this pic (the WiFi is fantastic if you get it, realised I spent about 3/4 hours this flight just chatting and browsing Internet before I'd even looked at the IFE!

After this train load of food we napped and did usual plane bits until around 1hr 30 to landing. There is an insane number of hot food options for tea but I wasn't going to eat anything and was convince to have a bit of cake - I think it was some kind of vanilla sponge but it was a nice end to the flight either way. I didn't get a pic of this as was too busy chatting to the couple behind us.

So we landed an hour early which meant we whizzed through immigration and were on the road in a thunderstorm for 4.10! Considering that is when we were scheduled to land we did really well.

We headed to our villa, unpacked and went and bought a few bits from the Walmart at four corners. We didn't buy too much as it was super busy, and they were shaking this cowbell everytime someone donated to charity which is really fun, but when you're super tired from flying and trying to food shop in a packed Walmart it's kind of a painful experience 😩

We headed home with around $60 of fridge drinks and random snacks and ended up ordering some pizza hut pizzas for everyone to share. These were really good value, we ordered two pizzas for $27 which was almost too much for the 5 of us and speedily arrived in 30 mins piping hot!

Again no pictures as I was knackered and forgot but hopefully will get better at this.

Thanks for listening to my travel day ramblings. Its been great, I can feel my plane cold coming but woo! We're here!
Old 3 Sep 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I love a food report. Sounds like your travel day was brilliant. A great experience in 1st class. I hope you managed to drop back off asleep in the end.

Looking forward to the next update.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 18, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
OMG! Virgin upper looks so nice, a more civilized way to travel.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List