Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 5 Sep 18, 03:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Jendita
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Time for day 1 and 2!

So Monday was labour day, and against all our better judgement we decided to head to the outlets to see if there were any deals. Whilst there DH had a philly cheese steak from Charleys which had just opened. These were a bit pricey, coming in at $8.99 each.

We then headed back to the villa to chill and graze on a few snacks until dinner later. Here's a few Walmart items to keep you interested!

These pretzel bites are sooo good:

And lastly, my new best friend Mr. Coffee:

So unfortunately we saw the rainy weather from Gordon during the afternoon, but it was the perfect opportunity to nap and catch up on sleep.

We originally were going to go to LongHorn Steakhouse for dinner, but when we arrived they were having a power cut so we headed to Bahama Breeze instead.

This was our first time here and it was really nice and we will definitely be back again.

I had the Jamaican sampler which had a mixture of bits on it:

DH had a burger :

And for dessert I shared the coconut cake and ice cream with my brother (sooo good) :

I believe the total including tip was around $50, that doesn't include the cost of the dessert as it was my brothers.

Tuesday

Today we just had a Walmart muffin for breakfast as we were heading to Universal Studios for the day. It was super quiet and we didn't really have to queue for much which was nice. For lunch we went to the simpsons area and picked up some chicken thumbs to share.

Typical Park food but tasty and does a good job of filling you up.
. This was $15.99 including a drink.

We ended up buying some dipping dots later on and a voodoo man donut on our way out of the park. Again no pictures! (I'm trying honest!)

We headed to chill in the pool for a bit with some drinks before heading to Disney springs in the afternoon. Compulsory pool pic with Filipe the flamingo:

At Disney springs we headed to the coke store bar to get some cocktails. It was around $54 😩 for 4 cocktails. Although randomly they gave us two coke slushies while we were waiting. I'm not sure why!

This is a couple of the cocktails, a rum runner and a peach lemonade:

We wondered about for a bit before deciding to eat at Paradiso 37. We both ordered enchiladas, beef for me and chicken for DH:

These were nice, nothing special. I believe this was around $50 including tip so quite pricey. I think we'd stick to chuys for cheaper Mexican food in the future!

Tomorrow is our first trip to Volcano Bay so we'll see if we eat anything toast there
Jendita is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Hidden mickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Loving the report! It’s amazing isn’t that 4 cocktails same price as meal! 😂
Old 5 Sep 18, 08:09 AM  
Link to this Post
disjunkie
Very Serious Dibber

I love the look of that dessert in the coconut shell, so cute!
disjunkie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
disneypars
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start
Old 5 Sep 18, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great start, looking forward to the rest!
2littleboys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 18, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Amazing start, upper class looks fantastic. Looking forward to some more updates. x
Old 6 Sep 18, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Great start looking forward to more! That coconut dessert at Bahama breeze looks amazing
SquishTheWhale is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List