Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 7 Sep 18, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Title Company

Just going through a contract now so my apologies you may get bombarded with questions. The title company has come through as
First American Title Insurance Co.
being used by fidelity.

Does anyone have any experience of them that they could share please?
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 18, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Used them for 2 contracts this summer. Found them to be fine. One contract was super speedy, the other dragged out a bit longer but we were in no hurry. Always responded quickly.
Old 7 Sep 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Dendycat View Post
Used them for 2 contracts this summer. Found them to be fine. One contract was super speedy, the other dragged out a bit longer but we were in no hurry. Always responded quickly.
Thank you
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 18, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Remember under Florida Law you can pick as the buyer if you are paying closing costs. I have always used Magic Vacation Title and asked them to change to this for the one going through just now.
Old 12 Sep 18, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

That's who is doing my transfer too. I have been having issues getting the money through though. I used Revolut and it got to them but they returned it saying they don't accept ACH payments. Now I'm looking at both Travelex and HiFX as I then transferred the money to Transferwise who said they would do a SWIFT payment and then said after I transferred funds - oops, sorry we do ACH.
Both services are asking for an ABA number rather than a SWIFT code though so I'm concerned that this will again get rejected.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 18, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
That's who is doing my transfer too. I have been having issues getting the money through though. I used Revolut and it got to them but they returned it saying they don't accept ACH payments. Now I'm looking at both Travelex and HiFX as I then transferred the money to Transferwise who said they would do a SWIFT payment and then said after I transferred funds - oops, sorry we do ACH.
Both services are asking for an ABA number rather than a SWIFT code though so I'm concerned that this will again get rejected.
Dendycat above used them earlier in the year maybe ask him how he transferred the money
Old 12 Sep 18, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Dendycat
VIP Dibber

Dendycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
Mobile

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Dendycat above used them earlier in the year maybe ask him how he transferred the money
She thank you! 😂

I ended going via our bank and paying a premium as I couldn’t get transferwise to work. Cost £20 extra but at least I knew it was done.
Old 13 Sep 18, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
Hi Unixgirl, did you manage to find a way to send the final payment through? I am just wondering if this is going to be a problem and if I need to change title company although they accept a larger deposit and don't charge me for using a credit card so am loath to to be honest?
Old 13 Sep 18, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Hi Unixgirl, did you manage to find a way to send the final payment through? I am just wondering if this is going to be a problem and if I need to change title company although they accept a larger deposit and don't charge me for using a credit card so am loath to to be honest?
So I've gone with Travelex and selected their SWIFT option. I only have their domestic instructions but Travelex assure me that the payment will be seen as a wire. Anyway, Travelex are now validating the recipient. I will update further as I hear. This is painful, probably due to the banking system in the US. Although I think this means that I don't need Suntrust to pay my dues as I can just do it from Revolut for free.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Sep 18, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

I was hoping to use Hifx so if anyone has any experience of using Hifx with First american title company that would be really helpful to know?