Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 15 Sep 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by unixgirl View Post
No charge for credit card payment for deposit. I don't think I was charged less for closing . Anyway, it still has to arrive and be accepted by the Title company. Due by 18th September I think. Honestly, the process was easy up until the final payment.
What title comp did you use? Did you buy from fidelity?If so how did you find them and lastly what are you going to own
Old 16 Sep 18, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
What title comp did you use? Did you buy from fidelity?If so how did you find them and lastly what are you going to own
Title company is First American Title , I did indeed buy through Fidelity. I have found the title company a little difficult. I will own 200 points at my favourite resort SSR .
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 02:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Title company is First American Title , I did indeed buy through Fidelity. I have found the title company a little difficult. I will own 200 points at my favourite resort SSR .
Knowing what you know would you change the Title company if you were to buy again?
In the end you will get an amazing thing though
Old 16 Sep 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Knowing what you know would you change the Title company if you were to buy again?
In the end you will get an amazing thing though
Yes, I didn’t even know we could change Title companies until I started having issues and did a check of how other people had paid their balance. Oh well, you live and learn.
unixgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Sep 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Yes, I didn’t even know we could change Title companies until I started having issues and did a check of how other people had paid their balance. Oh well, you live and learn.
At least you have done it now
Old 18 Sep 18, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
unixgirl
VIP Dibber

Confirmation received, finally the funds are through.
Old 19 Sep 18, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Confirmation received, finally the funds are through.
That’s fabulous... well done! I bet skystorm will be pleased as she’s going thru the same Title company
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

That’s fabulous... well done! I bet skystorm will be pleased as she’s going thru the same Title company
Yes I could have changed title company once I signed however ran the risk of the seller pulling out because they may have thought they could get more money - I didn't want to take the risk, I'm not in a hurry, no points til 2019 so if they take their time it doesn't really bother me.

I may pinch the same company you got the money to go through with though if they don't take HiFx
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 08:19 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

They only accept wire transfers - it's a blooming pain in the backside. I already transferred the money once and it got returned as it was an ACH payment The system is archaic.
Unixgirl does this mean you couldn't use HiFX with them?
I am now very unhappy with Magic Vacation Title. I've used them before and also just used them no problems for my one that was taken ROFR. I've just bought another contract with Fidelity, and was intending to use MVT again. They already have my 1k deposit from the last one. Now they've sent me an email saying they are in an exclusive relationship with one broker and now too busy to take on any more work! Very poor given I'm a past customer. I understand they are or were owned by the person who owns Timeshare Store, so seems they are keeping them at full capacity at the moment.
As a result Fidelity have suggested FAT, who I'm happy to use, but I want to use HiFX. I don't want to use some poor exchange rate via my own bank.
This purchase is causing me more headaches than my others put together!
Old 4 Oct 18, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Unixgirl does this mean you couldn't use HiFX with them?
I am now very unhappy with Magic Vacation Title. I've used them before and also just used them no problems for my one that was taken ROFR. I've just bought another contract with Fidelity, and was intending to use MVT again. They already have my 1k deposit from the last one. Now they've sent me an email saying they are in an exclusive relationship with one broker and now too busy to take on any more work! Very poor given I'm a past customer. I understand they are or were owned by the person who owns Timeshare Store, so seems they are keeping them at full capacity at the moment.
As a result Fidelity have suggested FAT, who I'm happy to use, but I want to use HiFX. I don't want to use some poor exchange rate via my own bank.
This purchase is causing me more headaches than my others put together!
We went through Timeshare Store and have ended up with Mason Title and Escrow Co instead of MVT - was hoping to get MVT after you mentioned them.

MT&E seem ok so far, we've tried to pay via Travelx after Santander tried to have us off with their awful exchange rate, not sure if its gone through yet though.
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List