Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 16 Sep 18, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
shell1970
Excited about Disney

Mobile Avanti, International Drive

The Rosen Inn at Pointe Orlando is fully booked for our dates in May next year 😢. Looking at The Avanti Resort as it is slightly more expensive. What is the hotel like with regard to cleanliness, security etc? I know there is a resort fee to pay as well.

Thanks in advance 😊😊 x
shell1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 03:31 PM  
Link to this Post
annebri
Earning My Ears

havent got an up to date recommendation but when we were there in 2016 it was very nice and very clean
annebri is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Last year there was a resort fee, best to check.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
saraflorence
Trying for More Ears

Nice resort and great location for shopping and resturants
saraflorence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post

we stayed this year in august for two nights before heading to the villa.Rooms and resort very clean and tidy. Nice area for breakfast with a good range of things offered Bar outside really good for cocktails and you are handy for restaurants by the eye on international drive as its nearly opposite.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

It is nice and clean and modern, you wont be disappointed with anything other than the resort fee.

Rooms look slightly larger than the Rosen but the little back dressing room and bathroom is smaller than the Rosen.

I've been in the Avanti rooms and stayed in the Rosen. I'd stay in either and if both had availability I'd decide on cost.

Edit to add - if you like a few drinks the Avanti has a nice bar but it's not cheap, $8 a bottle of beer

Edited at 07:02 PM.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
shell1970
Excited about Disney

Thank you everyone. The resort fee did put us off staying here.

We decided after looking at more options to book Homewood Suites by Hilton on I-Drive. DH was swayed by breakfast included and the social evenings with complimentary snacks and drinks .

Anyone stayed here recently?
shell1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Dog
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by shell1970 View Post

We decided after looking at more options to book Homewood Suites by Hilton on I-Drive. DH was swayed by breakfast included and the social evenings with complimentary snacks and drinks .

Yes, be aware, the pool is sheltered for a part of the day as it's in the middle of all the buildings and doesn't have many beds but other than that it's really good. Rooms are excellent being suites.
Big Dog is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

We stayed there last year. We found it clean excellent, just what we wanted. Felt safe, the location is excellent everything you could need within walking distance.

The shuttles were always on time (free but you have to boom at reception the day before)

We ate at the pool bar a couple of times when the kids didn't want to go out and we found it tasty and a reasonable price.

The rooms were exactly as pictured on their website, our room was facing the pool and yes you could hear people having fun but I'd didn't stop us from sleeping. I'd say if you were a light sleeper ask for a room away from the pool.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 18, 10:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Ycryan
Imagineer

Ycryan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 34
Originally Posted by shell1970 View Post

My Sister in law has been staying here for the last few years (they used to stay at the Rosen Pointe Orlando but wanted a bigger room for the 4 of them) and she really likes it. The downside, as mentioned above, is the pool is shaded but she walks a short distance to their sister hotel and uses that pool.