Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 17 Sep 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Last time we booked a 3 bed we got a 5 bed - BUT one bed/bathroom were locked out - made it feel a bit spooky having locked doors you couldn't see behind! so no guarantees.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 18, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Last time we booked a 3 bed we got a 5 bed - BUT one bed/bathroom were locked out - made it feel a bit spooky having locked doors you couldn't see behind! so no guarantees.
Really! Wouldn't have been happy with that personally. Wouldn't have liked the feeling of locked doors.
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
If you book a 3bed you may often get a 4bed...since there are more around
the only way you can be sure is to book the 4 bed..
Villas are usually pretty spacious ...so you should be OK with 3 or 4
Might be 5 ...depends what they have left on their books!
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!

Edited at 03:59 PM.
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 18, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks Susan. Be interesting to hear people's views on a 3 bed size.
Old 18 Sep 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

We have booked a 3 bed twice. First time got a 4 bed and the second time it was a 3 bed, but it was easily as spacious living area wise as the 4 bed. Both villas were of a good standard and we had no issues at all. However, we booked privately last year (not a Dibb villa) and the villa was about the same standard as the aoa ones we have had. This year, we booked privately again and the villa was the best we have had. It was very well kept and very well appointed, had every utensil you could imagine in the kitchen. There were also spare toilet rolls in the cupboard etc., but we bought our own anyway. We have booked this one again for next year.

If I could get a super bargain flight inclusive holiday with an aoa villa, I would do it again. However, I haven’t seen any real deals lately and it is nice knowing the villa is a good std before you get there. Obviously this does not apply to Dibb villas, but any private booking of a villa is a gamble, as photos may be out of date or not representative etc., Below is one of the std aoa villas we have had. It was the 3 bed.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Sep 18, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
lothaerna
Proud to wear my Ears

lothaerna's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Its great to see a few examples, I have also looked at contempo's website, to see some of their selection. But it is better to get other peoples feelings on how their AOA was.

Read my First pre-trip here

I will be doing a food report... hopefully.
lothaerna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Sep 18, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Trebor1
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
We have booked a 3 bed twice. First time got a 4 bed and the second time it was a 3 bed, but it was easily as spacious living area wise as the 4 bed. Both villas were of a good standard and we had no issues at all. However, we booked privately last year (not a Dibb villa) and the villa was about the same standard as the aoa ones we have had. This year, we booked privately again and the villa was the best we have had. It was very well kept and very well appointed, had every utensil you could imagine in the kitchen. There were also spare toilet rolls in the cupboard etc., but we bought our own anyway. We have booked this one again for next year.

If I could get a super bargain flight inclusive holiday with an aoa villa, I would do it again. However, I haven’t seen any real deals lately and it is nice knowing the villa is a good std before you get there. Obviously this does not apply to Dibb villas, but any private booking of a villa is a gamble, as photos may be out of date or not representative etc., Below is one of the std aoa villas we have had. It was the 3 bed.

Great stuff thank you. All look lovely. We've booked the one up from the standard but I'm assuming there's not much in it difference wise
Trebor1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
monkey12
Excited about Disney

In my experience it is a complete lottery with tour operators as to what villa you will get. I booked a standard villa with Virgin and it was awful, we demanded to be moved the next day. Since then I've always booked the villa myself. Plenty of great ones on this site!
monkey12 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I have booked flights with Virgin, can you add on a villa and car at a later stage?
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Hey We stayed in a standard 3 bed last time we went it was fab, it had 2 double bedrooms and a room with 2 single beds, their was another room with a bed settee in it.
This time we originally booked the same but decided to up grade it to a 4 bedroom we had to pay extra but it wasn't that much.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List