Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 24 Sep 18, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Thank you ladies.

Its looking like BLT, Jakki’s given me some excellent tips so I’m going to watch resales for a while & wait out the right contract. . Exciting, not added on since 2003, but with Z doing his GCSEs this school year term time holidays are within site so we’ll have the flexibility of more points & be able to take advantage of good flight prices after being robbed in school holidays for years 😂
Jakki is the font of all knowledge for DVC 👍

It’s great not being stuck to school holidays. We got direct VA flights for £335 for May next year.
BarryandCaron is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vhm672
Imagineer

vhm672's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I think this thread does show how all of our views of resorts is in part coloured by the units we use our DVC on.

I love BLT it is one of my two home resorts and my favourite as far as the accommodation alone goes, however I have never had a unit smaller than a 1 bedroom.
vhm672 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by BarryandCaron View Post
Jakki is the font of all knowledge for DVC 👍

It’s great not being stuck to school holidays. We got direct VA flights for £335 for May next year.
Nice, looking forward to those kind of prices!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 07:38 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I own at both and was recently considering selling some of my points, but in the end I couldn’t decide which I could face selling - so I rented some points out and am keeping them both.

In my experience of owning at both resorts, these are my primary reasons for not being able to give either ownership up...

BLT - As MK is by far and away my favourite park, for me nothing at all beats the luxury of being able to walk to and from the magic kingdom (especially late at night when all the crowds are heading for the monorail/boats). There is also nothing quite like hearing the MK train whistle from your room balcony or splurging on a Theme park view room to see the castle from your jacuzzi bath - I just wouldn’t be able to afford to stay there - especially on New Years Eve my absolute fav time to be there - it’s at BLT where I really feel I’m getting dream vacations that on the face of it we just wouldn’t ordinarily be able to afford.

AKV - two words - Value Rooms. You mentioned them in your pros list and I can only say that this has been far and away the main reason for us keeping our AKV points. With value rooms we have literally been able to eek out our points to the extent we can have whole extra vacations - the value of those rooms is amazing and you often wouldn’t be able to get them if you didn’t own at AKV.

I literally am no help as I can definitely not choose between the two! 😂
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Lizzim
Imagineer

Lizzim's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I'd totally pick BLT - but again I would say that as we own there!

Having said that I'm not understanding why everyone seems to dislike the studios - we love them! Although having stayed in a 2 bed last year I loved that too...but I don't have enough points!
Lizzim is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Lizzim View Post
I'd totally pick BLT - but again I would say that as we own there!

Having said that I'm not understanding why everyone seems to dislike the studios - we love them! Although having stayed in a 2 bed last year I loved that too...but I don't have enough points!
I didn’t mention it above, but we too love the BLT studios.

I know that they are in measurement terms the smallest of the DVC studios, but I just love the layout with the separate kitchen area - to me it makes the room seem much bigger than other hotel rooms/studios, and we often spend a week as a family of four in them with no problem at all! 🙂
amy56 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 18, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

I've actually managed to get a week in a value 1 bed at AKV at 7 months, although that was one March so very low season, DH & I managed a sneaky week away just the 2 of us one year.

I think we'd be happy with either but BLT is definitely winning. Not in a rush and the exchange rate isn't in our favour so we'll be biding our time and watching the resale market

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
My Wife and I did the full tour of BLT when it first went on sale and we were bored on a rainy day!

We were blown away not only by the location but also the rooms. Awesome.

However we all have different views about different Resorts. AKL and the Poly don't do it for us but all the others do to a varying degree.

No help to you whatsoever sorry! If I was buying today it would be at WL by a mile.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 09:29 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
I've actually managed to get a week in a value 1 bed at AKV at 7 months, although that was one March so very low season, DH & I managed a sneaky week away just the 2 of us one year.

I think we'd be happy with either but BLT is definitely winning. Not in a rush and the exchange rate isn't in our favour so we'll be biding our time and watching the resale market
Last summer I could have booked two subsequent weeks in an AKL value 1 bed, so in DVC 'quiet' season it is sometimes definitely possible to get the 1 beds on 7 months. I didn't book it though as it didn't have a sleeper chair.
Old 29 Sep 18, 12:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Licoricelover
Excited about Disney

We use our AKL points every year for the value rooms. It has enabled us to have extra nights with the low points
Have never had problem getting BLT 1 bed at 7 months so wouldnt pay extra to buy there.
Just come back from CC. If money no object would buy here in a heartbeat. Love everything about it.
Also stayed at SS and can't understand why I didn't like this resort. I think it's the best value on resale.
Don't forget buy for the long term as requirements change over the years.

If you are going out shortly take the dvc tour at CC. It takes about an hour and they are offering $75 gift card and 3 fastpasses per person. Definitely worth an hour of your time. (Dont do the group tour as you only get $25 each)
Licoricelover is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List