Notices

Old 25 Sep 18, 01:31 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

LIVE - Animal Kingdom Lodge and winging it! Day 2 Magic Kingdom And Outlet

I slept until 5am - not bad since I was asleep I think at about 9pm last night! Today was Magic Kingdom Day, very important first job deciding what ears to wear!

Once the ears had been selected it was time to put on the magic band and new bracelet - I like to be Matchy Matchy!

We didn't feel like a huge breakfast so popped downstairs to Mara to pick up pastries and coffee

We headed over to Shades of Green to pick up our friends and it wasn't long before we were on the monorail and on our way to the Kingdom!

We arrived at about 8.20am and even though the park didn't open until 9am they were letting everyone in and up to the castle

It was perfect to take a slow stroll and lots of pictures on the way!

Of course lots of selfies

The castle looked stunning in the morning sun - it was a hot day up to about 90 degrees but rain was due after lunch... and boy did it rain!

Becca and I posed for a shot

I can't believe how quiet this week is - long may it continue with the slow pace!

I love the cast members as they come singing and dancing down the main street

Our first fast pass was pirates so we decided to go on jungle cruise as it's on the way, full of the usual cheesy jokes! But it was a walk on - I think when we left it was still only 30 mins so not bad at all

We then rode pirates twice and didn't bother with the fast pass - we switched it for little mermaid later in the day! No point wasting them when the ride was only 10 minutes queue!

Next it was over to big thunder mountain, again only 15 mins so another fast pass switch to speedway later in the day!

Then onto splash - we did get a little wet but to be honest it was so hot it didn't take long to dry off!

Jez was keen to see hall of presidents it was closed last time getting an update to include Trump... it's actually a new story and it was good

No trip to Magic Kingdom is complete without the mandatory purple wall - so I posed here for a few shots along with another hundred other people :-)

We took a little break by riding the people mover - a firm favorite of ours... paging Mr Tom Morrow :-)

1 final ride on little mermaid and then it was time for lunch!

I mentioned yesterday we were so lucky just checking on the app last night and managed to grab Be our Guest reservation! You get given a menu and order then can sit in any of the 3 dining rooms, the food is brought over to you - they locate you via your magic band... a little freaky as they must be always watching your every move!
The food was huge - we seriously could have shared! We both had roast beef sandwiches and chips plus a drink - it counted as a quick service which surprises me ... so we now had an extra sit down credit which we have booked Boma breakfast buffet on Saturday morning

I love this little fellow - Jez tells me this is how he looked when I was in Germany last time for 5 weeks!

As we wandered over to Carousel of Progress Pooh and Tiger passed by, I still think Tiger doesn't look quiet right / the orange is a bit too bright!

Carousel of Progress has had a revamp of curtains and chairs (clearly I've been here too much!) but sadly no update to the final scene, think this is due a bit of a makeover...we sing along happily ‘it's a great big wonderful tomorrow...' you are welcome!

Final fastpass is Speedway and just then it decides to tip it down with rain!

Luckily we had our trusted ponchos - not so much fun driving around the track holding one hand on the steering wheel and the other on my poncho stopping the rain get in my face and bag!
By the time we were done we were soaked and decided to call it a day

On the way out I picked up my magic kingdom mini mug

And a cuddly Pooh and Piglet - since watching the film they are my new favorites and this is soooo soft and cute!

I fancied a bit of a mooch around the outlets - I'm going to say now since moving to the USA any hauls are nowhere near like what they used to be, we live in a tax free state and have an outlet just down the road, it's not as big as the Orlando ones but the prices are so much better... but I still picked up a few bargains to share...starting with these shorts for $4.99 from $34.99

Also got a cute T-shirt for $6

A sports bra for $9.99

And all the bath bombs were just 99 cents

Next up I went to Disney outlet - phone cases were $7.99 - soooo much cheaper than in the parks!

These cute clips were $1.99

The top was $7.99 and it's a really nice thin knit

And the dish was $4.99

Final purchase was from finish line and these slides were $14.99 from $35

We didn't fancy anything big for dinner so stopped at Perkins to pick up a slice of pie

And then we grabbed a few snacks from the store to have a balcony picnic

Watched the wildlife - honestly feel so lucky with the new room as we sat and watched the sun go down across the savanna and the animals wandered around!
Tomorrow we are off to Epcot - hope to have you join us then... Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 25 Sep 18 1:47 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Great day apart from the rain
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

A great morning in MK with so much done. I love the phone case, I’m looking for some like that. Lunch looks good at BOG. Can’t wait to hear about EPCOT tomorrow.
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

All caught up Debs! Yay to the room swap and a bit of Disney magic, it looks wonderful there and is on my wish list.

Those sliders are so lovely & that’s not a store I’d normally look in.

Your BOG lunch looked so yummy. I wasn’t too impressed last time but I think I’d give it a go for that beef sandwich.

All the fall colours look so beautiful everywhere.

Have a magical day xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 09:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A great first day in the park and you managed a few bargains

Joan
Old 25 Sep 18, 11:56 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by Taffy1959 View Post
Great day apart from the rain
Yep - the Ponchos helped for all of about 2 mins!

Originally Posted by Jake71 View Post
A great morning in MK with so much done. I love the phone case, I’m looking for some like that. Lunch looks good at BOG. Can’t wait to hear about EPCOT tomorrow.
I am excited for Epcot! Looks like another stormy day, but hey who cares! xx

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
All caught up Debs! Yay to the room swap and a bit of Disney magic, it looks wonderful there and is on my wish list.

Those sliders are so lovely & that’s not a store I’d normally look in.

Your BOG lunch looked so yummy. I wasn’t too impressed last time but I think I’d give it a go for that beef sandwich.

All the fall colours look so beautiful everywhere.

Have a magical day xx
I haven't been in that store either! There was lots of trainers and sporty things, I just loved the color of the sliders - a little bit different!

Yes, the beef sandwich was yummy - but HUGE xxx

Originally Posted by mick View Post
A great first day in the park and you managed a few bargains

Joan
Always room for a few bargains
debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great day👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 07:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Great day. Fab use of the fastpasses switching them around.

What a wonderful view from your balcony

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 18, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Great day and some fab bargains x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List