Notices

Old 27 Sep 18, 01:24 AM  
Link to this Post
debidee
Dibbing with Tink

LIVE - Animal Kingdom Lodge and winging it! Day 4 Hollywood Studios And Target

Today it was Hollywood Studios and everyone was looking forward to exploring the new Toy Story land. We hadn't been able to get fast passes for the new slinky dog ride so wanted to be early to the park to dash over to that as a first ride

Before any dashing can take place it's important to have a good breakfast - so Mickey waffles and cream does the trick!

Even the satnav today was joining in on the hidden Mickey game!

It was not too crowded in the park just before opening but knew pretty much everyone else was also heading in the same direction as us!

The theming and attention to detail is fantastic- here are a few of my favorite pictures

It took just 15 mins to get on slinky - it was brilliant and so glad we dashed over to try it out! Most of the day it was around a 60 minute wait... still pretty good considering it's a brand new ride!

We also went on the spiny ride as the queue was only 15 minutes also!

The toy soldiers were out and being ordered to stop and play at regular points - they must have been so hot in those outfits, it was already 90 degrees at 9am!

Toy Story Mania now has a new entrance but once inside it's the same - we had a fast pass but given the queue was only 10 mins we decided to ride twice

The boys pose for a photo...

Followed by the girls!

Spotted another hidden Mickey!

Once we had explored the land we went over to the start wars film which is in the old animation center where you used to do the drawing - so wish they still did it, they now have it at the hotels - it's on twice a week but both times don't work for us and now it's a charge! I'm not sure how much it doesn't say on the information in our room...but seems a bit unfair!

Next up on fast pass is my favorite ride! Of course I scream most of the way thru and spend most of the time off my seat in the air! I do love how every ride is random so you have no idea what to expect!

On route back from ToT I pop into Starbucks to pick up the 3rd mini mug for my collection - it's unfortunate it's a series 3 but hey ho the rest are all series 2

Looking forward to the new Mickey and Minnie ride opening where the great movie ride used to be...

I don't think you can come to Hollywood without watching ‘One mans dream'

Such a great film that shows Walt's life and how Disney first came about

For late lunch today we were trying ‘Sci If' I'd read pretty good reviews and it's somewhere we haven't tried before

This is just a google photo as it was pretty dark inside

Each car has 3 rows and seats a total of 6

This is about as good as I could get to show the cars!

Jez had a burger and said it was really good

I had the chicken pasta (minus the fennel!) and it was really delicious

They played cheesy movie clips throughout with commercials and news of tomorrow! I'd definitely recommend this one as well if you are thinking of eating in Hollywood

Jez had lemon cheesecake

And I had warm donut with apples and ice cream - I could only manage half it was huge!

By now our feet were aching and it was so hot we decided to leave.

I quickly popped into the Disney outlet again to pick up these PJ bottoms - they were $14.99 (they have the reverse in the parks now for $35) they are men's but they are for me!

Then a quick stop at target - I haven't been for 5 weeks so needed a quick fix!
I spotted these cute goldfish

Got a couple of new list pads for $1 each

New tea towels for $3

And a new travel mug for $5

So that's another day coming to an end, sorry it's a bit light on content... I'm knackered and sort of regretting taking on a live report - but I've started so I'll finish and hopefully the photos are enough for everyone!

Just a few goldfish before bed!

Tomorrow we are at Animal Kingdom and exploring Pandora which should be fab! Until then... Debs xxx

debidee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by debidee - 27 Sep 18 1:55 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You are doing well with your live trippie I’m enjoying reading along.
Sounds like a good day

Joan
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPCLI
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I think you’ve very brave doing a trip report never mind a live one!
You’re doing great - keep it up xx
Old 27 Sep 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Hollyhobbit
Excited about Disney

I’m really enjoying reading your trip report every day. Have a fab time and enjoy the rest of your holiday x
Hollyhobbit is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Another fab day!

I love the photo showing Buzz Lightyear - the sky is amazing!

Also, the table with Babybel's as seats is fab! Great theming

I did a live trip report years ago (certainly before this thread existed and before I had a smart phone) and so I understand the commitment! Thanks for sharing and taking the time each day

Edited at 01:08 PM.
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
twinkleshmoo
Very Serious Dibber

You're doing so well with the live report, loving following along. Cute crackers and an ice couple of things from target xx
Old 27 Sep 18, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

The photos are fab, how good does the theming in Toystory Land look! It sounds extremely hot though. Love your pj bottoms and your tea towels.
Old 27 Sep 18, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Love your pumpkin spice things👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Sep 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

God I love Target so much 😍
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List