Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 27 Sep 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
1973jk
Excited about Disney

Florida Keys- Help!

Planning a 4 night trip from Miami- up for consideration is heading to The Keys.
Where is best to stay in the Keys? We would like beachfront and the ability to walk to variety of affordable restaurants?
We are a large family group of 9 including children ages from 8- 17yrs.
Swimming pool, beach, fishing are likely on the agenda.
For anyone who has been this year- how are the Keys since Irma?
Any advice welcome please.
1973jk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Sep 18, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
carolineonecat
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I stayed at key largo 2 nights in July - we did the snorkelling it the John pencramp state park which was excellent and travelled to Robbies to feed tarpon
We stayed at the Marriott beach which was in my opinion a great location - it had a restaurant on site but not within walking distance of others I’m afraid
I had not been before so didn’t see before Irma but I did feel it had everything up and running - some building work going on .
So glad I did the trip
Old 28 Sep 18, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
philinmerthyr
Imagineer

I’ve been looking at Key West. Hotels seem expensive but there are some properties at a decent price on holidaylettings.co.uk
Old 28 Sep 18, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
We were looking at returning for a week before Christmas but prices seem to of shot up in price and seem quite steep.
Old 29 Sep 18, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
jengibbo
Excited about Disney

We stayed at the Best Western key ambassador in July. The rooms were big, the pool was brilliant and we got a free breakfast. Although it was a 10 minute drive to Duval street this didn’t bother us as with two young children we weren’t concerned with drinking or seeing the nightlife. Really recommend this place.
jengibbo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

We just stayed at limetree bay resort layton key https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1101587

We were about a 45min drive to key west the hotel was clean and quiet.
The link above is some of my million sunset sunrise pics.

It was ideal for us. And tbh we did most of what could be done in 107° heat in key west waling in a day.
The mangrove trees which gave the keys most shade , were desimated by irma, i have pics but they are on dslr so until i cant post them for a couple of weeks.
It was a lovely experiance but ill stay at layton again and problably wont venture as far as key west again next year.
Old 29 Sep 18, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

We recently stayed at Douglas House Hotel at the top end of Duval Street. Spotlessly clean, lovely staff, great pool area; we will definitely be staying here again when we re-visit Key West in the future.
Old 29 Sep 18, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
macy
VIP Dibber

macy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We have stopped at Lime Tree Bay a few times but in the Townhomes. Your photographs are lovely and reminded me of the evening sunset there. I have a pic of Lime-tree as the homepage pic on my i phone. Pleased to see they survived the storm and do hope to return again when we book our next trip. Thanks for the photograph's made my day today seeing them.
macy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 18, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by macy View Post
We have stopped at Lime Tree Bay a few times but in the Townhomes. Your photographs are lovely and reminded me of the evening sunset there. I have a pic of Lime-tree as the homepage pic on my i phone. Pleased to see they survived the storm and do hope to return again when we book our next trip. Thanks for the photograph's made my day today seeing them.
Thank you
Old 1 Oct 18, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
1973jk
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for sharing your tips and photos.
The Keys are definitely on the trip list!
1973jk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List