Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 30 Sep 18, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

May 2018 - 3 weeks, one wedding and a villa, Day 3 - Wedding Day!

Sunday 06/05/18 – Wedding Day!

This ones bit of a heavy photo day, just to let you all know!

Today was our wedding day! Never mind Harry and Megan getting married the week after, we’re the important ones !
We were all up at 7am, apart from dad who does everything last minute! Everyone sort of pottered around, coffee and cereal were consumed and we all sort of got ready at our leisure. I started with my hair first as I’m terrible at anything other then a ponytail or a messy bun. Due to my non-existence skills I kept getting flustered so luckily Rhoda came to the rescue and helped me out a little bit. I then moved on to make-up which I’m a lot better at, so that took no time at all!
We were getting married at the Chapel of Love in Eustis, the sat-nav reckoned it was about an hour drive, so we left about 9:15. Literally as soon as we got in the cars it started pouring with rain, I had never seen anything like it! Driving on the freeway was insane, the wipers couldn’t keep up with the level of rain ! We later learnt there was a massive weather system over the Bahamas, so it was pushing all the rain up to us, it rained a lot for the 3 weeks.
We arrived at the chapel at 10:20, it is such a beautiful place and we received such a warm welcome from Theresa. Unfortunately, her husband, Chris, had had a heart attack a couple of days before so couldn’t be there to do photos, but luckily his daughter Paige was there and she had been fully trained by her dad, so she was more then happy to step in.
Everyone else was in their wedding gear, but I needed to get changed there, so Theresa showed me the bridal dressing room and I quickly got changed. Whilst we were waiting for the minister to arrive we all just mooched around in the little garden and took some pre-wedding photos. Not long after that the minister arrived, and things got going!

It was still raining so Theresa managed to find a big golf umbrella for me and dad to use whilst we were walking down the “aisle”. It wasn’t really an aisle, there was a little bridge we had to walk over and then down to the covered area.
The minister was amazing, I really wish I’d written her name down, for some reason I didn’t, but she was just so warm and wonderful. She was telling us how it’s good luck for it to rain on your wedding day as it’s spiritually cleansing, so that made us feel better about the rain.
After the ceremony we had some photos done outside and then did a few group ones inside just due to the rain.

Once we were all happy with photos and given a million thank you’s to Theresa, Paige and the minister we headed back to the villa. The plan was to go down to Disney Springs, go bowling and eat at the Rainforest Café.
When we were back at the villa I quickly face-timed my friend who was desperate to hear from us, got changed and then we headed straight back out to Disney Springs.
We parked in the orange garage, so we were closer to Splitsville. Turned out there was an hour wait for us to bowl, so we decided to get some bar food. Me, Chris and Rhoda had chips, dad had trio of sliders, mum and Dan had nachos.
Not long after we finished food we were called upstairs to bowl, we definitely liked the look of upstairs more then downstairs. We had the alley for 90 minutes, which worked out to about two games. Chris won both games, bloody show off!

After bowling we split off into two groups, mum and dad went off on their own to explore and we went with Chris’s parents to show them around, as they hadn’t been to Disney Springs yet.

After what seemed forever it was time for our reservation at Rainforest Café, but had to do the obligatory wonder around the shop waiting for our party to be called.

Eventually we were seated, I forgot how incredible it was in the restaurant, me and Chris kept the whole monsoon thing quiet so when it happened, and all the animatronics started kicking off everyone was amazed!

Food wise, Chris, dad and Dan had a chicken burger, Rhoda had a turkey wrap, mum had a salad of some sort and I had quesadillas. Bill came to about $150, I don’t 100% remember the proper amount, but it worked out to about $50 a couple. Think all the food must have contained gold leaf or something
Rhoda and Dan got an uber back to their hotel so we walked them round to the pick up bit for that and then headed home to bed ourselves.

Tomorrow – Hollywood Studios & Magic Kingdom

Edited at 09:26 PM.
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Fabulous! Many congratulations to you both x

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 18, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Congratulations you looked lovely

Joan
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

Congratulation on your wedding. Your dress is lovely, and what a fab relaxed wedding day.
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Isn't Theresa a sweetheart ... Chris is now fully recovered after a quad bypass and is back in harness. Lovely couple , it is such a lovely place to get married.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
Congratulation on your wedding. Your dress is lovely, and what a fab relaxed wedding day.
Thank you so much 😊
Goosey-Lucy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Isn't Theresa a sweetheart ... Chris is now fully recovered after a quad bypass and is back in harness. Lovely couple , it is such a lovely place to get married.
Yes she’s just incredible, glad to hear Chris is all okay again 👌🏼
Your wedding was September wasn’t it?
Old 20 Oct 18, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Custancia
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Gorgeous wedding day photos!

WDW POR 2010, 2012, 2014, 2015 (Xmas), 2016 and 2018
Custancia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Oct 18, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Great day. Nice and relaxed. You got married on our Anniversary. We also married in Orlando but Cypress Grove in 2004.
Haven't heard of another Rhoda before, that was my Granny's name.
Old 20 Oct 18, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Goosey-Lucy
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Orlando 2004 View Post
Great day. Nice and relaxed. You got married on our Anniversary. We also married in Orlando but Cypress Grove in 2004.
Haven't heard of another Rhoda before, that was my Granny's name.
It’s obviously the best date then 😉 yeah there aren’t many, she gets called Rodda all the time though 😂