Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Oct 18, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

One thorn i'd point out is that you're approaching peak MNSSHP territory in a couple of weeks, does that not hit you on black out dates for entry?

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway for a cheap hotel and to make other savings, a hotel with park transfers as it would save you the car hire?
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

We do.the clarion.inn. then you dont need the car hire 🤔
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Thanks so much for all the suggestions and encouragement guys!

So an update! I’ve booked a ‘suite’ at the Howard Johnson lakeside in Kissimmee for £212 after cash back. I could have gone for the slightly cheaper standard double room but I figured for the extra 20 quid it was worth the upgrade. The reviews on this place are mixed to say the least but the location is good and the resort doesn’t actually look too bad!

Will it be the best hotel we’ve stayed in? No. Will it be okay for a week... well let’s find out

More updates and replies to everyone’s questions to follow later this afternoon

Edited at 12:21 PM.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Procrastinator
Imagineer

Mobile

Good luck OP! We will probably get annual passes next Aug - and follow them up trying to do a few cheap trips in the 12 months that follow. So we might be trying something similar then.

My suggestion. Cant get much cheaper (and still decent if you like pizza and pasta) than Cicis. $12.50 buffet and drink for 2. And if you wait they usually have another 10 or 20% off on top at some point. So a large buffet dinner for 2 for $10 ish...

groupon/deals/cici-s-pizza-orlando-4
Procrastinator is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hutton5
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I love this thread. I hope you can do it so much.
hutton5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Good for you! Great prices so far. I’ll be watching with interest. Keep an eye on Groupon US and sign up to things such as Landrys card to help with meals.
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Rowlf
Imagineer

Will you be travelling with cabin bags only? Don't TUI charge about £40 extra for checked bags or does the £180 include them?
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Segdude
Very Serious Dibber

Segdude's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Wow, well done you, I'm jealous. I'm going to follow this thread with interest. It's given me the motivation to look for a "cheapie" for off season DW and I. My only problem is that we are used to having a villa so they don't come cheap.

Y'all take care
Nick

Edited at 12:59 PM.
Segdude is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:59 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
Thanks so much for all the suggestions and encouragement guys!

So an update! I’ve booked a ‘suite’ at the Howard Johnson lakeside in Kissimmee for £212 after cash back. I could have gone for the slightly cheaper standard double room but I figured for the extra 20 quid it was worth the upgrade. The reviews on this place are mixed to say the least but the location is good and the resort doesn’t actually look too bad!

Will it be the best hotel we’ve stayed in? No. Will it be okay for a week... well let’s find out

More updates and replies to everyone’s questions to follow later this afternoon
Have a look at the lynx bus route...it cost us $16per adult half for a child and nothing for a child under 7 I believe. That is for a 1 week pass..You can download the app onto your phone and have it with you at all times...
We stayed in old town Kissimmee and was supposed to get a decent transfer with hotel but they were rubbish so the lynx were great as we had no car
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
2point
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Based on this I had a quick look on TUI.

10th November for a week in Art of Annimation = £421 each. Wow, that's a great price for that location alone, nevermind with flights included!
2point is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List