Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Oct 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
One thorn i'd point out is that you're approaching peak MNSSHP territory in a couple of weeks, does that not hit you on black out dates for entry?

Ramada Kissimmee Gateway for a cheap hotel and to make other savings, a hotel with park transfers as it would save you the car hire?
We have Platinum plus passes so no black out dates. That's also played a factor with hotel choices too, as we have use of the water parks I don't need to worry about a hotel with a nice pool.
M3ben05 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Procrastinator View Post
Good luck OP! We will probably get annual passes next Aug - and follow them up trying to do a few cheap trips in the 12 months that follow. So we might be trying something similar then.

My suggestion. Cant get much cheaper (and still decent if you like pizza and pasta) than Cicis. $12.50 buffet and drink for 2. And if you wait they usually have another 10 or 20% off on top at some point. So a large buffet dinner for 2 for $10 ish...

groupon/deals/cici-s-pizza-orlando-4

Thanks for the link

Once i'm done booking everything I'll know how much spending money I'll have to keep within the budget so I'll make a list of places to eat. I'm starting to think this is doable
Old 4 Oct 18, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
bLaZeR666_uk
Master Dibber

bLaZeR666_uk's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 22
Guidebook Reviews: 1
So what is the running total so far?
Old 4 Oct 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 3disneykids View Post
Have a look at the lynx bus route...it cost us $16per adult half for a child and nothing for a child under 7 I believe. That is for a 1 week pass..You can download the app onto your phone and have it with you at all times...
We stayed in old town Kissimmee and was supposed to get a decent transfer with hotel but they were rubbish so the lynx were great as we had no car
I really like having a car while I'm there to be honest. I like the freedom to be in and out of the parks when I please and as we have free parking with our annual passes I think it's money well spend even on such a tight budget.

We're flying into Sanford too so getting to/from the airport would cost almost as much as car hire.
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by bLaZeR666_uk View Post
So what is the running total so far?
Everything spent so far is on the first post. I'll edit it every time I book something else so people can keep track

I also have a revolut card that I'm going to pre load when we go with the exact amount of money left over from the 1k budget. That way I can easily keep track of how we're doing. I'll screen shot that each day so anyone interested can see too
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
3disneykids
Imagineer

Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
I really like having a car while I'm there to be honest. I like the freedom to be in and out of the parks when I please and as we have free parking with our annual passes I think it's money well spend even on such a tight budget.

We're flying into Sanford too so getting to/from the airport would cost almost as much as car hire.
I didn't think about the flying into Sanford lol...Finding this really interesting hope you achieve it
3disneykids is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by 2point View Post
Based on this I had a quick look on TUI.

10th November for a week in Art of Annimation = £421 each. Wow, that's a great price for that location alone, nevermind with flights included!
That’s a good price. We stayed there in May and it’s a lovely resort. The only thing to mention is that the cheap rooms (little mermaid section) are quite a walk from the main entrance and main swimming pool. With that said, you’ll have a great time if you decide to go for it.
Old 4 Oct 18, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
M3ben05
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rowlf View Post
Will you be travelling with cabin bags only? Don't TUI charge about £40 extra for checked bags or does the £180 include them?
Sorry I missed this.

Cabin bags only this time as they want £60 per hold bag. That would be a non starter if we were going for any longer or if I was travelling with my wife and daughter but as it's just my son and I for a week we can easily manage... hopefully!
Old 4 Oct 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

I’m very excited to read this. I really hope you can manage it.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
gogs
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by M3ben05 View Post
Sorry I missed this.

Cabin bags only this time as they want £60 per hold bag. That would be a non starter if we were going for any longer or if I was travelling with my wife and daughter but as it's just my son and I for a week we can easily manage... hopefully!
We're flying out on Saturday with Virgin for £1068 (including car) but have splashed out a bit more on hotels (Grove Resort, Hard Rock & Aventura).
When we've been previously we got a fantastic deal for the Ramada Gateway & upgraded to their tower rooms for not much at all - that may be an option for you.

Regarding bags, Cabin Max do excellent hand luggage that has straps so that you can compress everything down to a good size once it's packed (assuming it's mainly clothes) - you can buy the bags for buttons on Amazon too.

Sounds like a great trip,
Good luck!
gogs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List