Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 4 Oct 18, 06:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

What to do for a Birthday...?

When we are away next year one of the days is my Sons birthday and he doesn't know what he wants to do for it, except go iHop for breakfast...

Can anyone recommend any thing a little different that isn't just a theme park? hes a typical 10 year old boy and a little dare devil. I have mentioned that they do a zip line at Gatorland which seems to be a possibility but is there anything else you can think of?
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
claireyfairy8
Apprentice Imagineer

claireyfairy8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
What about a helicopter tour
Hot air balloons at Disney Springs
An animal enocunter at one of the theme parks
Indoor sky diving thing on Idrive

Hooters? Lol :p
claireyfairy8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

i enjoyed the hot air balloon at DS. Not as exciting as floating for miles over the countryside but not as scarey either.
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

OK, thanks i'll take a look at the balloon ride. We also have our 6yr old DD so she may get something out of that also.

I have suggested Hooters already but DW thought they were all topless so got told flat out no! I have re educated her.
Mole83 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Lulu Belle
Apprentice Imagineer

Discovery Cove
Hire bikes at Celebration and spot alligators (possibly not daring enough)
Little Toot or Sea Screamer at Clearwater (see dolphins)
Pirates & Pals fireworks voyage in evening to watch fireworks and laugh until your bellies hurt!
Epcot Seas Adventure aqua tours looks great too
Lulu Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
vowels
Imagineer

One of my daughter's had the surf lesson at Typhoon Lagoon for her tenth birthday, my other daughter went on the Night time safari at Animal Kingdom Kidani Village for her tenth birthday.

Both enjoyed the experiences.
vowels is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 18, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

OOOOH, Ron John surf lessons, Theirs an idea!
Old 7 Oct 18, 02:12 AM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

If it is IHop because he wants pancakes what about the Old Sugar Mill restaurant at De Leon Springs state park so he can cook his own pancakes on the griddle. The state park is also lovely and they operate a very good boat ride to see the local wildlife.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Oct 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mole83
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by JAF View Post
If it is IHop because he wants pancakes what about the Old Sugar Mill restaurant at De Leon Springs state park so he can cook his own pancakes on the griddle. The state park is also lovely and they operate a very good boat ride to see the local wildlife.
That place looks amazing, but he's decided to do the daytona international race track tour and then daytona beach in the afternoon.

I suppose If we get up early enough I can get to the old sugar mill then drive over to daytona. It's not to far out of the way.
Old 15 Oct 18, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Mazascouser
Apprentice Imagineer

Mazascouser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Orlando eye, Madam Tussaud not far from ihop on international drive. There’s also a bowling alley on the same site.
Mazascouser is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List