Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 Oct 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I persuade my family to wear matching Tshirts? - August 2018 - Day 15 - Home Time

Saturday 1st September

I woke up at 5:30 and had tea in bed.
I stripped all the beds and put a load in to wash. Last time we were here I thought I’d be extra helpful to the villa owners/management company & washed all the bedding. This time though I thought I’d save some washing pods to bring home!

So sad seeing the pool all packed away!

Did the final bits of packing. All the cases were 16/17kg so loads of room left!

We loaded the car and had 4 cases in the boot and one on the back seat...could be interesting when we get back to the UK and don’t have a 7 seater!

I went outside and was taking some photos of the car and villa when I noticed a man walking up the road towards us. I initially thought it was a resident but then noticed he was quite scruffy and barefoot so I quickly put my phone away and ushered the boys in to the car. I got in the car myself and left Andy to lock up the villa. He asked if we were going for a day of fun (the man that is, not Andy!).

It was 8:30 and we were ready to leave but felt concerned as it was obvious we were leaving and the house was empty. He walked out through the gates to the Complex, but then as we drove out he turned round and was walking back in. Once on the 27 we ended up doing a U turn and driving back onto the complex to see what he was up to. He was further up the road from our villa & talking to another resident so we felt happy that someone else had seen him at least. He may have just been out for a barefoot walk but we have suspicious minds!

Dan had last breakfast choice today and guess where he chose...

I noticed there was a complimentary drinks station in the waiting area. Love this place!

We were seated straight away, but we weren’t so impressed with our server today, she was ok but not super friendly. We saw Miguel was working which of course instigated comments from Dan re my flirting. Miguel then saw us and came over and shook our hands as he recognised us from yesterday! So nice.

Today Josh had a chocolate chip pancake with an English muffin on the side, Dan had the same minus the muffin, I had a granola bowl which came with a muffin and Andy had the traditional breakfast again. They did a muffin of the day and I was actually disappointed it was chocolate, I was hoping for banana or carrot cake!

It was $52 and we got two muffins to go for the journey to Miami.

We left around 9:45 and headed back to the 27 for the journey back to Miami.

I tried to take some more interesting photos than the long straight road!

Mannys looks different by day!

The boys slept.

There are two tiny dots in the sky of the next photo which were parachutists, we hoped they hadn’t just ejected from their plane but we soon passed a skydiving centre.

About half way, just as we’d gone through Clewiston I started to need the toilet. In Clewiston there were a variety of restaurants and a Walmart but I decided not to stop here and thought we could stop at the next place. Big mistake. Huge. There was nowhere else to stop. After a while I was in so much pain I thought I was going to be sick (not dramatic at all). We couldn’t even stop at the side of the road, it was edged with water and probably gators. There was nowhere to stop until we got to the outskirts of Miami. I was slightly worried about where we would stop in Miami as I’m sure there are some not so nice neighbourhoods but after I while I didn’t care, I just needed a toilet!

It then started to rain, which really didn’t help.

We eventually came across a Burger King. Hallelujah! We parked up and I ran in, a woman also went in to the toilets just before me, I really hoped there was more than one cubicle. There was. Andy went in to get a drink, mainly so we didn’t look like we were just there for their toilets but there was no one serving. Weird. So we did just use the toilets and left.

Once we were back in the car we continued to follow directions on the HERE app and then saw a sign for the airport which wasn’t where the app was sending us, based on the weird directions two years ago, we ditched the app and followed the road signs!

Our final collection of licence plates, we were just missing four.

It was easy enough and by 2:30 we had dropped the car at the rental return and were making our way to the terminal.

On the monorail

We struggled to know which terminal to go to, it wasn’t clear to us. So we headed where I thought we needed to go but couldn’t find the Virgin check in desks. We just needed to walked through to the next section and they were there. We had checked in by 3pm and were through security and sat at the gate by 3:30, our flight was 6:20pm.

Our strange sad faces!

There wasn’t a lot by the gates, though there was a Starbucks where I got my mug. Though I felt a bit of a fraud only being here for the airport!

A restaurant called Corona beach house, the usual newsagent with overpriced sweets, duty free and an Earl of Sandwich. We did all have an Earl of Sandwich, 2 tuna melts, 1 ham and cheese and a bbq chicken. It came to $43 and we enjoyed them even though we weren’t actually hungry. I think it was just something to do!

We started boarding at 5:30, from the way the gates were arranged you couldn’t see the plane, so I don’t know the name of our plane this time. We were flying back Premium which we were looking forward to, Andy and I had a Prosecco and the boys orange juice.

We got a pencil case (I think) with socks, eye mask, ear plugs, pen and toothbrush and toothpaste.

We took off at 6:30 there was a bit of a hairy moment not long after takeoff where the plane rocked from side to side (even some of the cabin crew made concerned glances to each other!), I think the pilot had taken his hands off the controls! Didn’t help the more nervous among us!

I declined a drink from the first drinks service, but ate the pretzels! The meal was served around 8:30. Dan and I had pasta, I didn’t eat the salad or the cheesecake, I drank the wine in the hope it would help me sleep! Josh had the curry, Which he said was nice and Andy didn’t want anything.

I’d heard and read in the menu about the Wander Wall so asked our crew member about it, he said they put the snacks out after the meal service.

I watched I Feel Pretty with Amy Schumer which was quite good. I slept for a couple of hours. While I was asleep the crew member had bought the boys an armful of snacks from the Wander Wall.

When I woke up I watched Rampage. You can’t beat a film with a description ‘put your brain on hold’ and stars Dwayne Johnson.

Breakfast was served with an hour and half to go, it was a warm almond croissant with fruit and yogurt.

We started our descent at 7am, I went to the ‘posh’ toilet which was shared with upper class to brush my teeth and wash my hands with the fancy soap. We landed at 7:40. The flight had been pretty smooth in all and we’d had fantastic service by Andy the crew member.

It was a lovely sunny morning at Heathrow, we had a little wait for the shuttle bus back to the car park. We then played Tetris with the cases in the boot of the car - they went in fine, just meant the boys had to sit next to each other with one in the middle.

We stopped at Toddington services on the way home for a Costa and got home at 11am. We unpackedish (got the nice things out), then later went to Mum and Dads for a delicious turkey dinner.
No photos !

So there ends another amazing Florida holiday. We had the best time and the perfect combination of parks and relaxing. But in case I need to spell it out...no, I could not persuade my family to wear matching T-shirts!

Thank you for reading and taking time to comment, I really do appreciate it.

Thank you

Old 7 Oct 18, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame it has come to an end 😒 I have really enjoyed reading along and finding out everything you got up too a great holiday had by all.

Time to start planning next years

Joan
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Dutchdisneyfan
Apprentice Imagineer

always such a sad day to go home
thank you for taking the time to write your report.

Did you have an app for the license plates? If so which one?
Dutchdisneyfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great trip thanks for sharing x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 12:01 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

I have loved reading your report! Sounds like a great trip; shame about the matching t-shirts

x

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SSR - 2017 *How Many New Things Can We Do - March 2017*
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Oct 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tory79
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Hi, I’ve really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for posting. We also do the number plate game and I had no idea there was an app for it! Do you mind me asking what it’s called?
Old 8 Oct 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Melbatb
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to write the report - it has been fun to read all about it! I am, however, highly disappointed that there were no matching t-shirts! I think Trading Standards needs to be called

Index of my trip reports
2016 Quebec - Kuala Lumpar - New York City 2017 Dubai - Eurocamps France - Ontario and Quebec - So-Cal 2018 Montreal - Bangkok - New England 2019 Argentina - Quebec City - Hong Kong - 2020 Switzerland 2022 Arizona - Costa Med Cruise - Oslo 2023 Hong Kong - Gothenburg
Melbatb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Shame it has come to an end 😒 I have really enjoyed reading along and finding out everything you got up too a great holiday had by all.

Time to start planning next years

Joan
Thank you I’m trying!

Originally Posted by Dutchdisneyfan View Post
always such a sad day to go home
thank you for taking the time to write your report.

Did you have an app for the license plates? If so which one?
Thank you for reading we did, it’s on my sons phone, I’ll find out which it is.

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great trip thanks for sharing x
Thank you for reading

Originally Posted by SleepingSophie View Post
I have loved reading your report! Sounds like a great trip; shame about the matching t-shirts

x
Thank you for reading I was never going to persuade them haha
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:55 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by tory79 View Post
Hi, I’ve really enjoyed your trip report, thanks for posting. We also do the number plate game and I had no idea there was an app for it! Do you mind me asking what it’s called?
Thank you for reading
I’ll find out which app we used, it’s on my sons phone!

Originally Posted by Melbatb View Post
Thanks for taking the time to write the report - it has been fun to read all about it! I am, however, highly disappointed that there were no matching t-shirts! I think Trading Standards needs to be called
Thank you for reading and commenting everyday
They do, I’m sorry, what can I say...I need to improve my powers of persuasion!
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Really enjoyed reading along. Sad it's come to an end.

Recognise Sebring when we drove to/from FLL. Relieved you got to the toilet!

Any future plans/pre-trip reports?

Thanks for sharing.

M x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List