Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 16 Oct 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think it's only so so - and not because it's a female Doctor, but because of the acting and the not too great storyline this week. One of my friends described it as 'very Am Dram' this week. I'll still watch ( as always) in the hope it improves.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Oct 18, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Whitequeen
Imagineer

Whitequeen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
3 weeks in and I don’t like her. It’s like watching a female Christopher Eccleston and I didn’t like him. The stories are okay but she’s not doing it for me. 😳

West Coast Visits-5
Whitequeen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
You know when you used to love a certain band and then that band kept on making albums and their recent stuff just didn't do it for you? That's what Dr Who feels like to me at the moment.

It feels a little like some of the mid-80s Doctor Who. Or a bit like the Sarah Jane Adventures but not quite as good. At least Dr Who used to be scary. And yet this week, even though I'm a bit of an arachnophobe, I didn't find the episode scary at all. Bunch of spiders running around and yet... meh.

Also, the show seemed to send out mixed messages. It was ok to trap a bunch of giant spiders in a room and let them slowly starve to death. But ending the life of one of them quickly wasn't ok. What about the spiders in the rest of the city, like the one in Graham's house? Were they going to round those up too? And who knew that spiders were a big fan of Radio 1Xtra?

The acting is still a bit naff and the writing is still a bit off. I'm finding it a bit... boring really. I've been watching some old Matt Smith episodes on Netflix instead. So much better.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
MariaLynda
VIP Dibber

Still don't like her as the doctor, don't think the acting is particularly good, bradley walsh is probably best of the bunch. The storylines are poor. Such a shame.

I also agree, Matt Smith had some amazing episodes. well worth a second/third watch if you see them on.

Ridgewood Lakes Oct 1999 : Westridge May 2001 : Florida Pines Jan 2003 : Crescent Lakes May '05 : Sandy Ridge May '09 : Sandy Ridge Sept/Oct '10 : Tuscan Ridge April/May '12 : Emerald Island Nov '14 : Windsor Palms May '16 : Emerald Island April/May '18
MariaLynda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
3 weeks in and I don’t like her. It’s like watching a female Christopher Eccleston and I didn’t like him. The stories are okay but she’s not doing it for me. 😳
I liked Christopher Eccleston and I am enjoying the new doctor and her new team. Didn't really like Matt Smith or David Tennants doctors.
My son who's 20 is even enjoying Dr Who again.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 18, 08:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I liked Christopher Eccleston and I am enjoying the new doctor and her new team. Didn't really like Matt Smith or David Tennants doctors.
My son who's 20 is even enjoying Dr Who again.
Me too, loved Christopher and hated Tennant, thought he was awful.

I think this lady is quite good, but would have loved to have seen Miranda as the new Doctor...… would have been so much fun. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 08:17 AM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Whitequeen View Post
Interesting - because I liked him - and I like her... maybe it is the people who liked Christopher Eccleston that mainly like her?
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
Interesting - because I liked him - and I like her... maybe it is the people who liked Christopher Eccleston that mainly like her?
Maybe. Eccleston never clicked for me. The farting Slitheens didn't help either. I actually stopped watching Doctor Who for a few weeks after the first part of that Slitheen story.

I do think this new season is more accessible* though.

(*one might negatively say "dumbed down")

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Maybe. Eccleston never clicked for me. The farting Slitheens didn't help either. I actually stopped watching Doctor Who for a few weeks after the first part of that Slitheen story.

I do think this new season is more accessible* though.

(*one might negatively say "dumbed down")
I like dumbed down 😊 don't like having to spend an hour on Google after it's finished trying to find out what happened ☹
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Oct 18, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by dubletrub View Post
I like dumbed down 😊 don't like having to spend an hour on Google after it's finished trying to find out what happened ☹
Fair enough. I can't say that I've ever spent an hour on Google working out what's happened with any of the Doctor Who episodes, although I am aware that some of Moffat's stories did seem to confuse some people.

Ratings-wise, it seems to be doing well. So they are doing something right.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~