Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Oct 18, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Getting Excited

Has anyone been in March?

Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for some advice about what Florida is like in March please?

We usually go in October but we can only do a cheap trip in March next year due to getting married in 2020 in Florida

We'd be doing the parks so just wondering what the weather and the queue times would be like? It would be the first two weeks so I think we'd miss Spring Break from what I've googled.

Thanks!
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
amarooney
VIP Dibber

amarooney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Been in March once ( quite a few years ago). Weather was fine, couple of colder days where it was necessary for some of our party to wear a pullover/sweatshirt. Being a typical Geordie male this drop in temperature did not bother me
amarooney is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We went in March back in 2013, some days where nice but there was a few that where blooming cold. Our car hire driver who was from Florida did say it was unseasonably cold for that time of year.

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
saratogajan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

We’ve been the last 2 years for the last 2 weeks in March and it was beautiful. It had been quite cold at the start of March but was perfect when we were there.
saratogajan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
hsm89
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by saratogajan View Post
We’ve been the last 2 years for the last 2 weeks in March and it was beautiful. It had been quite cold at the start of March but was perfect when we were there.
That's good to know! I'd prefer the last two weeks to have the better weather but we'll see! Thank you!
hsm89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I went early March last year. There was at least one very cold day (remember wearing a trench/scarf, and the KTTK guide saying that this was the one day of winter in Florida), then the weather got warmer from there on. Crowds were OK. I went right at the start of Flower and Garden so that was quite nice to be at Epcot for too!
Old 9 Oct 18, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Amystefan
Proud to wear my Ears

Mobile

The weather has been really nice the three times we’ve been in March, crowds really depends on when in March you are going and how it fits in with Easter. We were there this March (21st onwards for 19 nights) and we hit the Easter holidays, so it was busy, but on a previous visit when Easter fell in April and we went early March the crowds were not bad at all. Clothes wise, it’s always been warm enough for shorts and t shirt, just cools down at night so we just packed a hoodie to slip on after dark.
Amystefan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Monko
Having Dinner with Goofy

Originally Posted by hsm89 View Post
Hi everyone,

I'm just looking for some advice about what Florida is like in March please?

We usually go in October but we can only do a cheap trip in March next year due to getting married in 2020 in Florida

We'd be doing the parks so just wondering what the weather and the queue times would be like? It would be the first two weeks so I think we'd miss Spring Break from what I've googled.

Thanks!
Yikes - Just reading this thread with interest as we're doing March for the first time next year too (though just for one week)..
Hadn't even considered Spring Break - until I read your post, but on Googling it, it seems that the week we're there is Spring Break in Florida..
Not sure what effect this can have on the parks, but it doesn't sound good.
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Monko View Post
Yikes - Just reading this thread with interest as we're doing March for the first time next year too (though just for one week)..
Hadn't even considered Spring Break - until I read your post, but on Googling it, it seems that the week we're there is Spring Break in Florida..
Not sure what effect this can have on the parks, but it doesn't sound good.
Spring break runs Feb-Apr with busiest period tending to be Mar-mid April; spring break dates vary by state with Florida a very popular location for out of state spring breakers to head to.

Edited at 09:38 PM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Been in March quite a few times, it is lovely and sunny and not too humid, best time to go. Can be busy with Spring break and depends what time Easter falls.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List