Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My Feet Are Sore! A week in Disney Sept 2018. Day 3 MK & Epcot

The dining report for today is here.

I woke at 5am this morning and lay until about half past. Our plan was to leave for MK about 7ish as we knew it could take an hour to get to the actual park. In the end we left just after 7 and got to Be Our Guest just at 8am. We had got a parking space close enough to the Transportation and Ticket Centre and bag check was very quiet. I definitely prefer bag check here now. We had just missed a monorail but another was along within a couple of minutes. Unfortunately since it’s the resort monorail at that time it does take longer.

This was a morning where Extra Morning Magic was on so those people were also getting into the park early. I noticed they all had wristbands on which makes sense since they can do some rides and get breakfast included. For a pre park opening ADR they scan one of the Magic Bands of the party just before the entrance to Liberty Square and let you enter Fantasyland via the path at the side of the castle.

Busy Main Street.

When we arrived at BoG there was a large queue for checking in. As we had pre ordered we were directed to the left to pay. There was a major IT issue so paying took some time and we ended up having to charge to the credit card instead of to the room.

We enjoyed our breakfast here and were out just as the park opened. We decided not to do 7 Dwarfs Mine Train this time as it was one of the rides open for Extra Morning Magic so we didn’t think we’d gain much advantage. We had a FP for it later anyway. Instead I made Marie go on Peter Pan. I like this ride but she’d not bothered so we rarely do it. It’s usually so busy but it was basically a walk on. This is the first time I’d seen the actual queue area and didn’t realise it went so far back! Now I understand when it’s a 50 minute queue and you can only see a handful of people waiting!

From there we did It’s a Small World as a walk on. Am I the only person that thinks there’s something creepy about this?

Creepy

I like to take a picture of the piper!

We had planned to walk round to Splash Mountain for our FP via Haunted Mansion expecting a short wait but it was 15 minutes so we just kept going. Normally what we do in MK is use our FP early then make additional FP for rides like Haunted Mansion, Pirates etc.

Go to love Splashy!

We saw this wee guy on top of the mountain.

When we got to Splash Mountain it was down and we got the “use it on anything” FP. We decided to use it on Big Thunder Mountain since we were right there and change our BTM FP to something else. We rode BTM while I tried to change the FP but the system seemed to still be wonky. Instead we headed round to Pirates of the Caribbean however it was a 30 minute wait. No way we were waiting that long!
We kept walking and came upon Aloha Isle so it would have been rude not to have a Dole Whip float. I had pineapple/vanilla swirl in pineapple juice and Marie had a full pineapple float. We sat in the covered area along where the shops are in Adventureland and watched the world go by.

We had a wee look in the shops. Found these in Sir Mickeys.

We didn't buy them obviously.

It was now time for our 7DMT FP and the system seemed to be back up and running so in the queue I was able to change BTM to Splash Mountain for 10 minutes later. We rode 7DMT and enjoyed it as always then wandered round to Splash Mountain. After scanning our bands I was able to make a FP for Haunted Mansion for 11.20am.
Now there are a couple of bits on Splashy where you’re liable to get wet. One is the point where you’re sitting at the side of the big drop as it lands. If you’re in the wrong car and sitting on the right you’ve had it. Now I thought I was lucky and was in the right car but apparently not as I got soaked. I had the joy of walking round MK with wet pants for the rest of the day.

We then started back along Frontierland and rode Haunted Mansion with our FP. I enjoy this for the song and all the quotables! “Welcome foolish mortals!”.

Once I’d swiped my band I got on MDE again and made a FP for Under the Sea timed for when we would be done so we went there next. Again, in the queue I was able to make a FP for Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin.

We walked via Storybook Circus and the big shop there.

Saw a sign for Tron but not much else.

After Buzz we needed a chill so rode the People Mover which is one of my favourites. I checked the app for FP at Epcot and got Soarin’ for 5.30pm. We hadn’t decided for sure we would go to Epcot but I booked it anyway in case we did.

We discussed lunch while on it and decided we wanted a TS meal. I was able to find an ADR slot for Tony’s Town Square Restaurant. It wasn’t until 1.45pm so we had some time to kill which we did in the shops along Main Street.

I bought these for my Pandora pendant (well Marie got me one for y birthday).

And this t-shirt.

After lunch we left MK and went back to the resort to both chill and dry out!

I find MK is less likely to make me tired as there’s not so much space between rides. Other parks seem to have a lot of space between attractions so you’re walking huge amounts. We felt OK after a morning at MK so went ahead with our plan for Epcot for dinner. We left around 4.30pm and walked via the International Gateway.
I do love the views around Boardwalk.

This view is maybe too close.

Walkway to Epcot.

We wandered through the UK pavilion and looked in the shops.

We just walked through Canada and headed to Club Cool for a drink

before a browse in Mousegears. Normally I find this is one of the best stores in the parks but it didn’t have a huge amount different to anywhere else.

Nice Epcot picture.

We then rode Soarin’ with our FP and while in the queue made another for the Nemo ride. This was down when we got there but we sat on a wall outside for a few minutes and it was back up again. We had a look at the Manatees afterwards then decided it was time for dinner.

We’d eaten quite well today so weren’t too hungry. We had previously seen that Les Halles Boulangerie Patisserie in France did Lobster Bisque and this seemed about right for how hungry we were. It also meant we didn’t have to venture too far from the International Gateway because at this point my feet were so sore I thought I might have to crawl back to the resort! We got it with a baguette and butter and enjoyed it.

Some nice evening Crescent Lake photos.

We headed back to the room via the shop as I had a package to collect then up to the room to relax. Harry Potter & the Half Blood Prince was on but I feel asleep during it.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
It's amazing just how blue the sky can be in the early mornings, your photos capture it perfectly
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by Juliemack View Post
It's amazing just how blue the sky can be in the early mornings, your photos capture it perfectly
I just used my phone. The sky did all the work .

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 18, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A really good day

Joan
Old 12 Oct 18, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
You got some fab extra FP after using up your first 3. Shame you got wet on Splash. I always try to get in the boat first to avoid the waterfall splash.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Love the photos and the Tommorowland t-shirt and the Pandora! Fab day
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 18, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by mick View Post
A really good day

Joan
Thanks!
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
You got some fab extra FP after using up your first 3. Shame you got wet on Splash. I always try to get in the boat first to avoid the waterfall splash.
We find the extra FP works really well in MK but not so much in other parks.
Originally Posted by eleele View Post
Love the photos and the Tommorowland t-shirt and the Pandora! Fab day
Thanks!

Trip Report Index
Old 19 Oct 18, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I was looking for us in your crowd pictures haha. Today was such a nightmare for MDE, I was getting so frustrated with it.

Love your t-shirt, I don’t think I remember seeing that one!

We usually love Mousegear too, we found it better than World of Disney this year, but we thought that on the whole the merchandise wasn’t particularly exciting this year, although we still needed an extra case coming home so it can’t have been that awful!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 18, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I was looking for us in your crowd pictures haha. Today was such a nightmare for MDE, I was getting so frustrated with it.

Love your t-shirt, I don’t think I remember seeing that one!

We usually love Mousegear too, we found it better than World of Disney this year, but we thought that on the whole the merchandise wasn’t particularly exciting this year, although we still needed an extra case coming home so it can’t have been that awful!
World of Disney was awful! I was so disappointed!

Trip Report Index