Notices
Disney Cruise Line and Other Cruise Planning Cruise Questions and Tips.

Old 10 Oct 18, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SquishTheWhale
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Are you on the Crown? We are on the Caribbean Princess for a 14 night cruise in November. We’ve done many Caribbean cruises and looking for new ideas, particularly for Antigua. Do you have any suggestions?
Yes we are on the Crown! Its our first time to the Eastern/Southern Caribbean so all the ports are new to us. In Antigua we have booked a tour with Scenic Tours Antigua, which is an overview of the island plus beach time. If you've been there before then it might be a bit generic for you possibly. Our first time with Princess too.
SquishTheWhale is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Omega1 View Post
Are you on the Crown? We are on the Caribbean Princess for a 14 night cruise in November. We’ve done many Caribbean cruises and looking for new ideas, particularly for Antigua. Do you have any suggestions?
Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
Yes we are on the Crown! Its our first time to the Eastern/Southern Caribbean so all the ports are new to us. In Antigua we have booked a tour with Scenic Tours Antigua, which is an overview of the island plus beach time. If you've been there before then it might be a bit generic for you possibly. Our first time with Princess too.
Ha - the Beautiful Crown Princess.

As said by the Captain at his mid-day musings!

She's a lovely ship.

Enjoy x
katiec68 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TGT
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not good on a cross channel ferry so I have chosen my cruises wisely...so far

a) We did the 3 day Disney Cruise to the Bahamas - it was amazing, though Nassau is a bit of a dump but the water sports options looked great (I don't do water sports). We'd love to go with them again, but for me their prices are too high for the benefit - their Alaska cruise was 3x what we paid

b) My second cruise was Hawaii on Norwegian (NCL)'s Pride of America - stunning trip. Not much time at sea (my choice) as almost every day is spent on another shore stop, see four islands, beautiful scenery. NCL is great as alcohol included in the fare, several good free and some chargeable restaurants which were very good. We'd been to Hawaii before so rented cars for the 6 of us. Totally recommended

c) Following Hawaii, we went to Alaska on another Norwegian Cruise in September 2018 - loved it. Again amazing scenery (we'd been to other parts of Alaska before). Similar restaurants to Hawaii, we love the freestyle dining - you go for a meal when you want to , it's not regimented. Another great choice - cooler, but we had amazing weather and as it's the Inside Passage it's very calm

d) And last night I booked another cruise. My friend desperately wanted to see France/Spain/Italy and we used vacationstogo.com to book a Pullmantur cruise (Spanish line) - the cruise with tax and gratuities has cost $1200 for an obstructed oceanview for two. $600 each seemed a good deal after (b) and (c). This is the most risky cruise yet, but again, we are on land every day but one so hopefully I'll survive.

Loving cruising but some are a bit too posh/formal for me. Norwegian is very relaxed, as is Disney.

Di Gorton
http://www.villasoutherndunes.com

Villa Southern Dunes

Modern Disney-themed villa in the Southern Dunes golf community * Private heated west-facing pool * Sleeps 10* Room for all with sofa, dining & poolside seating for 10 * 2 ensuite doubles (king & queen) * 2 Disney-themed twins * 2 Lounges * 7 Flatscreen TVs * Great games room & amazing dressing up rail

Click >here< to see our Dibb Advert
Email: info@villasoutherndunes.com Florida State License: DWE6312923

TGT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Oct 18, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by SquishTheWhale View Post
We’ve done a couple of island tours plus the local bus to Nelson’s Dockyard. We’ve also taken the taxi to local beaches. We might just have another beach day this time. You’ll love Princess!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List