Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 12 Oct 18, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
craigstacey
slightly serious Dibber

Rental pick-up at Disney Car Care Centre

I've only picked up from the airport previously so wondered how big the car care centre is and whether you get to choose a vehicle, or is one allocated to you? Will likely rent a standard SUV.

Thanks
Chatham Park + Boardwalk Studio December 2019

Craig
craigstacey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Be interested to know this as thinking of not bothering having the car time after next when you have to pay for overnight parking too. We always have the car for getting from and return to the airport plus 1 or 2 afternoon shopping trips. If we could just pick up a car locally for the last couple of days for shopping and airport return it would be just as convenient.
Old 12 Oct 18, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Bobbins
Imagineer

Bobbins's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Done it once, a couple of years ago, when picking up a second car a few days after arriving for our "kids" to use. It was a mid-size SUV.

Obviously it's the luck of the draw but they seemed to be only able to deal with one customer at a time - there was just one in front of us but the process was incredibly slow, I think something was going on with them but we couldn't figure out what.

Car was disappointing - a Jeep Compass. Very basic and staggeringly didn't have height adjustment on the drivers seat (I checked the spec online and it really doesn't) so wasn't ideal for one of our daughters. Very much take it or leave it attitude - they insisted they had no alternative car available.

I've always thought it looked a biggish place but there weren't many cars there - seemed to be quite a lot of staff doing nothing in particular.

Edited at 03:34 PM.
Bobbins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Posiesmum
VIP Dibber

Posiesmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 3
Use it a lot, very pleased. Never had to wait more than a few minutes. No hard sell for extras at all. No choice of cars but we have always been pleased with what we were given. TBH we never need anything fancy so usually have a compact.
Posiesmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
I have been there 3 times to swap a car out.

I hasten to add it was one car that had a slow but I wanted a Cadillac Saloon as a replacement and it took three trips until one was in!

There is normally 200+ vehicles there and they get topped up from MCO stock overnight. Plus they keep up to another 100 on the grass at the now demolished Richard Petty racetrack.

I thought the service at the CCC was excellent and they went out of their way to help me sort out the defective car I had and replace with an identical model.

The ex pat Lady there thought I was hilarious when I said at my age I was built for comfort not speed
She commented that she missed British smut.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
craigstacey
slightly serious Dibber

Thanks for the comments as gives me some idea what to expect.

Will remember the double entendres if I hear an ex-pat voice
Chatham Park + Boardwalk Studio December 2019

Craig
craigstacey is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 18, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

That sounds positive mostly. Where is the car centre you pick up from and do you have to make an appointment or ring them, obviously requiring a car I guess you get a taxi to them!
Old 12 Oct 18, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
CC71
Apprentice Imagineer

CC71's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
That sounds positive mostly. Where is the car centre you pick up from and do you have to make an appointment or ring them, obviously requiring a car I guess you get a taxi to them!
It’s on Disney property on the approach to MK. Alamo offer a free shuttle to the Disney Car Care Centre, you just call them and give them at least an hour’s notice to schedule pick up. We used this service in September and it was very easy, we booked through Andy at Discount Florida Car Hire and it was completely stress free!
Old 13 Oct 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
THE WIZARD
VIP Dibber

Thank you, did you arrange it with Discount Florida Car Hire before you went?

So you go to MK on the hotel bus then get a shuttle from there to the DCCC?
Old 13 Oct 18, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by THE WIZARD View Post
Thank you, did you arrange it with Discount Florida Car Hire before you went?

So you go to MK on the hotel bus then get a shuttle from there to the DCCC?
The Alamo Minibus picks you up by appointment at any Hotel, Park or Disney Springs. Must be on WDW property.

It used to be you could only book the Minibus up to 24 hours in advance but they have taken that off their website so it appears you can book a lot earlier.

Lots of people get the Magical Express to their Resort and arrange the pickup at their convenience. It's a local call so free on the phone in your room.

This gives fuller details and pick up/drop off points

disneyworld.disney.go/en...ntal-services/

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976

Edited at 04:45 PM.
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List